Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Syber13 : 1st Sep 2013 at 6:47 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Secret Society specialty lot glitch
I was playing on a neighbourhood that I was building from scratch. The expansions are still fairly new to me, so I was shocked when I saw my Sim get led away in handcuffs. Then I got a message saying he was asked to be part of the secret society but the secret society lot isn't there, and I should go place one from the specialty lots bin.
So I went to the neighbourhood and did just that, but the moment I did the lot didn't appear, and all the secret society sample lots from the bin disappeared as well.
I was kinda abusing the boolprop testingcheatsenabled cheat beforehand so I've got a pretty good feeling that may have been the reason... Is there anyway I can fix this?

EDIT: I just now realised that a lot of the other specialty lots disappeared too. (Apartments, etc.) Only dorms and hotels remain in the specialty bin.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:34 PM
That's a normal game behaviour. Only one secret society lot can be on a campus at once, so that's why as soon as you've placed a lot it immediately disappeared along with all the other templates.

If you want to make a custom secret society lot, you need to have a backup of your neighborhood before you placed the secret society lot. If you have one, then from then on it's quite simple; just go to a campus, create a community lot, start building on it and once you're done type in the cheatbox changeLotZoning secretSociety and that's it.

Though I'd recommend you to play the premade secret society lots because they have all those lovely carrer rewards already placed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
That's a normal game behaviour. Only one secret society lot can be on a campus at once, so that's why as soon as you've placed a lot it immediately disappeared along with all the other templates.

If you want to make a custom secret society lot, you need to have a backup of your neighborhood before you placed the secret society lot. If you have one, then from then on it's quite simple; just go to a campus, create a community lot, start building on it and once you're done type in the cheatbox changeLotZoning secretSociety and that's it.

Though I'd recommend you to play the premade secret society lots because they have all those lovely carrer rewards already placed.

Oh thank goodness.
Although, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything last night (my neighbourhood is backed up but I didn't install it into the game just yet.) just to see if it would behave the same without my neighbourhood and the premade secret society lots still aren't there. I just have this awful itching feeling when the premade game content gets compromised. Is this also normal? The lots are also not available for other university neighbourhoods anymore.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:24 PM
All of the default uni 'hoods already have secret society lots, so those lots should only show up in your lot bin if you're making a new uni subhood from scratch.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
All of the default uni 'hoods already have secret society lots, so those lots should only show up in your lot bin if you're making a new uni subhood from scratch.

Gosh I feel kinda stupid now. I panicked and reinstalled my games for no reason. Thank you!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved