Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 24th May 2012 at 10:56 PM
I agree with Peni! I was one of the scared ones ... but they are a fun family. Chaotic but fun
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#177 Old 24th May 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It won't blow up, Simonut! You're patched! And those of you who are too chicken to deal with them don't know what you're missing.

@ Peni Griffin hahahaa I'll just let you deal with them, I already got so much drama going on in my neighborhoods as it is. Yes I am chicken to add them to my pot.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#178 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:26 AM
How about getting Peter abducted? It'll mean another family member gets to stay home, as well as help with Dora's LTW. Besides that, I'm a bad, evil person who wants to see Peter cry after getting probeded.
Top Secret Researcher
#179 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:31 AM
@JDacapo: You have issues with men and Alien babies o.O :P

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#180 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:50 AM
I think the abduction and probing stuff is a favourite of many female players. PAYBACK.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#181 Old 25th May 2012 at 9:00 AM
@Maxon: I still have yet to have any male Sims get abducted. I have not a clue why either.

Back on topic. This may sound weird, but has anyone had them die by flies? And if so, how in the heck does that even work?! Because I have seen people post, death by flies...And I can NOT for the life of me, think of how in the heck this is possible.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#182 Old 25th May 2012 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think the abduction and probing stuff is a favourite of many female players. PAYBACK.

Having been pregnant myself, I must admit that this is the case for me sometimes. Also, it's handy when a husband wants a baby but the wife doesn't.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 25th May 2012 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
@JDacapo: You have issues with men and Alien babies o.O :P

Well, the men look soooo cute with their manternity clothes and baby-bumps, and then there's the whole thing where they have to carry the baby rather than just doing the fun part. Besides that, the cutscene for male births is a lot sweeter than the female birth cutscene - probably because there's less glossing-over - and it has the more realistic WTF reaction, because come on, real newborns don't look like the Gerber baby. But the best part is when the new daddy holds and coos at his baby.

Also, I think watching this tutorial where a vampire sim gets abducted and pregnant made me evil... like where it showed him crying after returning home. It just makes me so... fiendishly delighted.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 25th May 2012 at 12:49 PM
Two out of my three alien pregnancies have been double pregnancies and it's cute as heck, and so equitable!

Death by flies is death by lack of sanitation. I don't know what threshhold of filthy a sim living space has to cross before the flies take over. I'm so paranoid about bugs that I'm unlikely ever to see this one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#185 Old 25th May 2012 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
This may sound weird, but has anyone had them die by flies? And if so, how in the heck does that even work?! Because I have seen people post, death by flies...And I can NOT for the life of me, think of how in the heck this is possible.

Death by flies is the easy way to get rid of an obnoxious sim. Type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then shift-click on the victim and choose Die by Flies. A black swarm will gather round the victim, who will dance around, batting at them, and then crumble to a heap of black dust. Grim appears, and after a while so does the urn. Someone has to sweep up the dust.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How about getting Peter abducted? It'll mean another family member gets to stay home, as well as help with Dora's LTW. Besides that, I'm a bad, evil person who wants to see Peter cry after getting probeded.

Now, I'm considering getting David abducted in my game. He's old enough now. He recently graduated from college and he's married. I'm fearful of what an Ottomas alien toddler might look like though. lol
Mad Poster
#187 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:33 PM
Once dishes are dirty, fly swarms are possible. What happens is that the usual fly swarm will periodically intensify for a bit, and if a sim happens to be stepping over or carrying the dirty dish when this happens, they get attacked.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Having been pregnant myself, I must admit that this is the case for me sometimes. Also, it's handy when a husband wants a baby but the wife doesn't.

I actually had a pregnant Sim get abducted...while just stargazing (she was not trying to summon aliens). She was in Day 1 of her pregnancy. Happened to me last night while playing. In the 2 1/2 years of playing Sims 2 and Life Stories, I can count the number of unintended abductions (as in not summoning aliens) on one hand and have fingers left over.

At least when abductees come back their motives are the same as when they were beamed up.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#189 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:24 PM
Getting Peter abducted is such a good idea! I like that a lot. Of course, that means they'll have to up and move to Strangetown. They won't like that at all . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#190 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:27 PM
Why should getting abducted require a move to Strangetown? Is that a rule in your megahood, that all families with aliens are restricted to Strangetown?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#191 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:33 PM
Well, the men look soooo cute with their manternity clothes and baby-bumps, and then there's the whole thing where they have to carry the baby rather than just doing the fun part. Besides that, the cutscene for male births is a lot sweeter than the female birth cutscene - probably because there's less glossing-over - and it has the more realistic WTF reaction, because come on, real newborns don't look like the Gerber baby. But the best part is when the new daddy holds and coos at his baby.

Also, I think watching this tutorial where a vampire sim gets abducted and pregnant made me evil... like where it showed him crying after returning home. It just makes me so... fiendishly delighted.

LMAO xD Wow, just wow, JDacapo. :P

Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
Death by flies is the easy way to get rid of an obnoxious sim. Type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then shift-click on the victim and choose Die by Flies. A black swarm will gather round the victim, who will dance around, batting at them, and then crumble to a heap of black dust. Grim appears, and after a while so does the urn. Someone has to sweep up the dust.

Why does this remind me of the beetles from The Mummy with Brendan Fraser?

Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Once dishes are dirty, fly swarms are possible. What happens is that the usual fly swarm will periodically intensify for a bit, and if a sim happens to be stepping over or carrying the dirty dish when this happens, they get attacked.

It seems more of what a Sloppy Sim would do...Hmmm, I may eventually try this. MY KILLER FLIES! MUAHAHAHA. I have no clue. Its just weird that one of the deaths in the game is killer flies. I get the fact of electrocution, but flies? Just wow, Maxis

Field Researcher
#192 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Damn. I mean ouch.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Getting Peter abducted is such a good idea! I like that a lot. Of course, that means they'll have to up and move to Strangetown. They won't like that at all . . .

Moving sims to another neighbourhood(unless it's a subhood) is bad. Besides that, any neighbourhood can have alien abduction stories - the beauty of "Sims 2" is that you can make your own stories, using your imagination! Don't limit yourself only to Strangetown with Alien abductions and male pregnancies.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:53 AM
JDacapo, I play a megahood. Strangetown is a business district, Belladonna is my main hood.
Yes, Peni, I have a law that all aliens must maintain permanent residence in Strangetown. They can leave for college or for travel. Sometimes this leads to parents of aliens having to quit their jobs because Strangetown's kind of lacking in employment. Or choosing to give their child up for adoption, in some cases, to a family in Strangetown. The Ottomas would never give up a child. (However, someone who doesn't want children would.) It's nothing like the US WWII internment camps--but my hood's not quite to the Civil Rights movement for part-aliens phase of existence either. I figure a generation or so, if I ever get that far without a restart, and society will be more accepting. Of course, there are part-aliens passing as full humans out there, like the Calientes. If a sim looks human they can probably get away with passing. (I maybe read too much history. Nah, no such thing.)

This doesn't apply in my other hoods, of course.

Mad Poster
#195 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:42 PM
Sunbee... they can leave for college or vacation or something like that? Or was that a typo? I hope it wasn't ^^;
Mad Poster
#196 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:26 PM
Sunbee... they can leave for college or vacation or something like that? Or was that a typo? I hope it wasn't ^^;

Oh yes, my aliens leave for college or vacation or a day trip to the spa in Bluewater, or whatever. They just have to maintain their permanent residence in Strangetown. Some factions would like to deport them, but there's nowhere to deport them to, so it's a compromise. (Like some factions in the US wanted to deport all the freed slaves to Liberia--didn't happen, of course.) Obviously Strangetown doesn't have an ocean, so a sim can't work in oceanography there, nor does it have pro sports, the entertainment industry (that's in Veronaville), etc. Other sciences, medicine, military, are all good. I should spell some of this out on my blog. Samantha and Dora can probably transfer, but there's no pro sports in Strangetown, so no sports writer jobs, so Peter would have to find a new job.
So, for an example of what a part-alien might do, Mr. Johnny Smith, based on grades and scholarships, will get accepted to LFT and SSU, pick one, go to college, then, when he graduates, move back to Strangetown. Where he studies affects what careers he can have and how far he can progress in them. LFT is, after all, a tech school. Assuming he goes to college, but I can't see his mom and aunts and uncles letting him opt out of college. Probably SSU because I figure that's where they all went. (PT doesn't care much about sim education--I think he knows they've got it about 80% wrong on hard sciences, so why bother?) The first time I play the Smiths they go to Three Lakes and camp for three days--Jenny's idea. PT'd rather stay home and watch TV (his one true hobby).

Scholar
#197 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:39 PM
One time I was playing the Ottomas family and I walked away to make a sandwich and when I came everyone was dead and/or taken away by the social worker expect for grandma Ottomas. Apparently there was some sort of fire. =/
Mad Poster
#198 Old 27th May 2012 at 5:52 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 27th May 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Oh yes, my aliens leave for college or vacation or a day trip to the spa in Bluewater, or whatever. They just have to maintain their permanent residence in Strangetown. Some factions would like to deport them, but there's nowhere to deport them to, so it's a compromise. (Like some factions in the US wanted to deport all the freed slaves to Liberia--didn't happen, of course.) Obviously Strangetown doesn't have an ocean, so a sim can't work in oceanography there, nor does it have pro sports, the entertainment industry (that's in Veronaville), etc. Other sciences, medicine, military, are all good. I should spell some of this out on my blog. Samantha and Dora can probably transfer, but there's no pro sports in Strangetown, so no sports writer jobs, so Peter would have to find a new job.
So, for an example of what a part-alien might do, Mr. Johnny Smith, based on grades and scholarships, will get accepted to LFT and SSU, pick one, go to college, then, when he graduates, move back to Strangetown. Where he studies affects what careers he can have and how far he can progress in them. LFT is, after all, a tech school. Assuming he goes to college, but I can't see his mom and aunts and uncles letting him opt out of college. Probably SSU because I figure that's where they all went. (PT doesn't care much about sim education--I think he knows they've got it about 80% wrong on hard sciences, so why bother?) The first time I play the Smiths they go to Three Lakes and camp for three days--Jenny's idea. PT'd rather stay home and watch TV (his one true hobby).

Sounds good. Will the laws eventually change, and have it where saying anything remotely offensive about an alien or other type of creature will be considered a hate crime? It just seems to be the way the pendulum swings in societies like ours, where one side gets uppity and oppresses others, and then later on the side doing the oppressing ends up being the second class.

Also, and this is quite off-topic, but are there any mods to prevent teens from running away? I'd like to do a "Lord Of The Flies" scenario, but I don't want Piggie to run away - I want him to either survive until rescued or die in some way or another. And I'm not too averse to hm turning into a werewolf either. The idea is, they're stranded on a desert island and can't just leave... they'd probably not even be able to leave the home lot. By the way... are teens with prisoner tokens still able to run away?

Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
One time I was playing the Ottomas family and I walked away to make a sandwich and when I came everyone was dead and/or taken away by the social worker expect for grandma Ottomas. Apparently there was some sort of fire. =/

The thing is, if you have untrained Sims, leaving them for any length of time is very bad. If you have a family of well-trained sims that had been possibly started in Uni, and you've given them and their descendents routines of fulfilling needs and wants, then it's less hazardous to leave them unattended. It still isn't a good idea though. Always pause the game and make sure it is paused.
Top Secret Researcher
#199 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 6:30 PM
I tortured them by installing empty templates.
Forum Resident
#200 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 11:35 PM
Obviously Strangetown doesn't have an ocean, so a sim can't work in oceanography there, nor does it have pro sports, the entertainment industry (that's in Veronaville), etc.

Commuting, FTW.
Page 8 of 15