Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:39 AM
Default Free screen recorder?
I'm going to be doing a The Sims 2 Let's Play on YouTube. Are there any screen recorders that give you an unlimited amount of time to record that are free? I don't care about a watermark by the way. Thank you!

(sorry if this is in the wrong place *~*)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:03 AM
I use the Razer Cortex. I don't do Lets Plays, though.
or my other suggestion is just using the in-game camera and adding voice-over when editing.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:10 AM
OBS is a really nice one.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:12 AM
OBS is pretty good. I use it to stream and record. XSplit is also good, but I mainly use it for streaming but I think it has some recording stuff. Both are unlimited recording times I believe.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 2:51 AM
Before I got FRAPS, I used Gregion. I don't know for sure that it cooperates with TS2 though.

After recording, you'll need to convert it - it uses a strange proprietary codec. VidCoder is good.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:30 AM
I always capture my gameplay with a web-based software calls Acethinker Screen Recorder, free and works fairly well. It is an online tool that lets you record your screen right from the browser.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM
That disagree probably comes from the fact that this thread is a bit old...nevertheless, I think this is the kind of thread that does not get old. Recording softwares will keep coming, improving etc.
I personally use Bandicam. For screen captures & recording. It is free and you have Game recording Mode, Screen recording Mode. For the screen captures, you have .png, .bmp, .jpg normal and .jpg HQ.
It is by far, my favorite.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
I use Blueberry Flashback Express if I want to record my screen, though I'm not sure if it's free any more (I got my version quite a few years ago, and it was free then).