Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2019 at 4:54 PM Last edited by goderguy : 25th May 2019 at 2:52 AM.
Default Can’t see game [RESOLVED]
So even though I said I would never BUY TS4, I downloaded it for free through Origin last night (I mean it's FREE right now). It took maybe 8-10 minutes to download, no problem. I went to play it, and I couldn't see anything, I just got a bouncing message that says “input not supported.” I can hear it loading and playing intro music, so it seems to be a display issue. My Sims 3 works just fine on the same computer. I have a GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. I'm using 3.7 GB of 8.0 GB memory on an Acer computer with Windows 10 64 bit. Anyone else have this issue? What part of my system is incompatible with TS4 but works fine with TS3? Everything I check says my computer and graphics card specs are fine, and if I can run TS3, I can run TS4.

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:10 PM
When I installed TS4 it loaded up with picture but no sound, which is the opposite problem. Not to be like "have you tried turning it off and on again?" but have you tried restarting your computer? That's what I had to do and it fixed my issue (I have sound now).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2019 at 9:08 PM
Yes, twice. It does the same thing every time - intro music plays, but I get a dark screen with the bouncing message.
Screenshots

goderguy
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th May 2019 at 8:11 AM
Try here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...ot/td-p/4317878

I simply googled the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:51 AM
Thanks, that did the trick! Sadly, as I suspected, I have zero interest in playing it. Too cartoony, I miss the color wheel from TS3, the camera is hard to maneuver, and no vehicles or open world. But I got it for free and I can say I tried it. Thanks again!

goderguy
Scholar
#6 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:20 AM
Fun fact. you can change the camera to the Sims 3 camera in the game settings
I believe that most Sims 4 players use the Sims 3 camera. Sims 4 camera is awful to manage.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Fun fact. you can change the camera to the Sims 3 camera in the game settings
I believe that most Sims 4 players use the Sims 3 camera. Sims 4 camera is awful to manage.

That’s good to know. It still doesn’t remedy all the other issues though. I like TS3, and I’ll stick with it until (if) TS5 is released.

goderguy