Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:38 PM
"Transmorgifier" Interface and CAW Questions
(This is a second re-post of a topic that I previously wrote and placed in the wrong section... twice. I was directed to this location instead. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.)

[hr][/hr]

Good evening.

I am undertaking an extensive expansion and update to my all-time favorite World and have made tremendous success in realizing my ambitions. I am now in the process of adding an Uncharted Island (like that of "Island Paradise") to the World, which looks great. In addition, I have made changes to existing buildings, including using the "Transmorgifier" interface to change the Scripts of certain buildings.

I have several questions concerning the latter two topics and will present them here for inqueries.

1. If you edit a script with the "Transmorgifier" interface and save it, will the game "remember" that assignment when you load the World anew, or when someone downloads it? For example, if I set a Stadium to become a Robot Competition Arena through the "Transmorgifier" interface, will the game, and World, "remember" this command as long as the building isn't deleted?

2. The fog on my Uncharted Island was too thin to hide its contents, so I added a second Uncharted Island Marker. Fearing setting both to "Collect Five Map Fragments" would cause the game to not give players the island, I set one to "Collect Five Map Fragments" (the "TREASUREHUNT" command) and one to "Go To the Island Like Normal" (the "EXPLORERSREWARD" command). If I did it right, it means that I will be able to take my Sim to the Island after I collect the Map Fragments, because simply going to the island clears the other one. If I set both as the same, wlll it successfully clear the fog, or is my current set up functional? Can I use more than one Uncharted Island Marker on an insular Lot?

3. The World I am editing is fairly small. I had enough room to easily make my Uncharted Island, but the fog is wide enough that it brushes near the ports on the island. I can move the island, but not the ports. Moving too close to the fog, of course, disables all movement, but I am unsure as to what will happen on the fringes of the fog effect. Can a Houseboat drive around Uncharted Island fog? How close to the island does the fog disable movement? If the answer to the former question is "no", how many water tiles need to exist for a Houseboat to sail through it without getting a "Routing Failed" notice over a Sim's head? Do I simply need to test it myself?

Thank you for any assistance you may render.
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:25 AM
I was poking around ... do you use this mod by icarus_allsorts?

I see nitromon has commented on it. The problem is world building is such an umbrella. This is the right place usually, but the subjects might be something you need modders to get a grip on. There might be help in the comment section of the mod.

btw, the word you're looking for is transmoGRafier I googled for it, but didn't get much more than icarus here and on reddit.