Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 9:39 AM
Default Random voice types
Hi, I recently started using the Random Sim Fixes mod by LazyDuchess, hoping that in addition to fixing the pudding faces, the problem of not inheriting or even rerolling the voice option on aging up would go away too. That is, a sim's voice is properly randomized, but only when generating new adult sims. I encountered some problems with sims that are aging up, though:
1. Sims' voice option rerolls not only when they're aging up into a teenager, but also when becoming a young adult, which doesn't make sense.
2. The rerolling doesn't work on premade children at all.

That's why, for the time being, I've decided not to enable this option in the mod config. But is there perhaps another mod that's able to reroll the voice option or make it inheritable?
If not, I'd like to know if it would be possible to create something like that myself. I was thinking of trying to add the other voice options for babies, toddlers and children by copying the existing ones, instead of writing a randomization script, but I don't know where to start (I don't even know where to find the scripts responsible for the voice options in the game, I only found audio clips with the voices).

PS: In LazyDuchess's mod, the voice pitch is randomized properly, which means it only randomizes when a sim is born (or generated) and the slider is later kept intact.
PS2: I know that there is an "inherit voice" option in Nraas Master Controller, but
a) it's not automatic,
b) it ignores the fact that some voice options don't exist for certain life stages, making some children completely mute.