Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:24 PM
Default WIP - Shop from fridge, only cook with ingredients
Posting this here, as it's still a WIP and could use feedback! This mod is intended to allow a sim to purchase cooking ingredients from the fridge, and only allow the sim to cook a meal if they have all required ingredients.

Things to note:

• - The purchase picker filter icons are re-used from book categories. The tooltips are accurate, though! If anyone can point me to how to import new images, that would be awesome
    - There are some weird elements in the list (ie., fishLarge_bm). Working on removing these. I wouldn't recommend buying them.
    - I haven't fully tested autonomous actions with the fridge yet
Attached files:
File Type: rar  graycurse - BuyCookingIngredients - Base Game.rar (154.9 KB, 4717 downloads) - View custom content
Description: To install: Unzip the archive to your mods directory (leave mod folder structure intact)
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 12:43 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Jan 2015 at 2:39 PM.
Quickly tested the purchasing, seems to work fine! I think it would be good though if this would display a notification, along the lines of "Thanks for your purchase! Your groceries can be found in the fridge inventory", like what book purchases have .. because all? most? of the other purchases end up in the sim inventory, and when there's nothing added to that, one may think the purchase hasn't worked if there's no indication where else the stuff went.

About the icons, unfortunately I have no idea either -- I don't know what to make of that file path; all I can manage is produce a blank square =P. But this is something one could ask the friendly modding ambassadors at Maxis?

ETA, also, regarding the recipes: you’re overriding them all, right? There is one that I “fixed” (or changed, but it really doesn’t seem intentional), the Strawberry Cake which by default does not require strawberries … since these would not be compatible, what would you think of including that change with your version? Download is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534811

Not sure whether recipes could also be edited via scripting.

Other than that, maybe post there when you’ve uploaded your mod somewhere, so that I can put a note in the description.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:57 PM Last edited by glastduke2131 : 20th Feb 2015 at 4:03 PM.
I just quickly tested for a few sims day. It works great! I'll start a new household and test the autonomy later.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:46 PM
I kind of indirectly tested this some more by using your code as a solution when I didn't get anything to work based on the snippets posted over here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=546901 -- your approach seems to solve the issues I had initially.

Are you OK with other people recycling this? I'm not doing anything with pickers, just adding normal custom interactions.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:50 AM Last edited by LVDYHVWKE : 28th Mar 2015 at 4:41 AM. Reason: add on
Default Help ! trying to get mod to work in game
for some reason i have tried to install this the way that is written i believe but it will not work...HELP! i would love to be able to buy ingredients...

Any one come up with a resolution yet? If i have to edit a script mod i need help doing that this mod looks amazing and would be extremely helpful because right now i have to steal all my ingredients from my neighbors who i built up their gardening skill to max and they have all plants in the sims 4 , then plant them and then wait...i could just use them after i harvest but its a pain in the butt. haha
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:34 AM
Hows it going with this mod? I'm personally super interested in something like this but I have no idea how to work with the game under the hood. Hope you get struck by some more inspiration to finish it up !
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:01 PM
This sounds amazing! Just wondering if it's possible to clone a solitary fridge mesh and only have these interactions on this new specialty fridge? That way we can actually create Supermarkets and Convenience Stores on community lots?! I know with Get Together there is an added function to buy something with the Take Home interaction for food purchased at Cafe's. Maybe this can work off of the same framework.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM
Locking here since there is a newer version of the same thing posted. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570232

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Outdated