Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:49 AM
Default Feedback asked for rejected house upload
Hello,

I've made a house (see screens . I uploaded it here, but it's not accepted. These are minor things and mostly editable by myself (screens and typos), but one issue I need some extra help with (examples, feedback etc), even after reading the additional link. Partly because it's my first try.

At architecture I got this feedback + the link http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nd_Up/Exterior:

Quote:
You have a nice start on the architecture, but it needs a bit more work. Please see this helpful tutorial.

What kind of things I could have missed here?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Hello,

I've made a house (see screens . I uploaded it here, but it's not accepted. These are minor things and mostly editable by myself (screens and typos), but one issue I need some extra help with (examples, feedback etc), even after reading the additional link. Partly because it's my first try.

At architecture I got this feedback + the link http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nd_Up/Exterior:

What kind of things I could have missed here?

Hey Viktor, first I want to apologize because I was going to respond the night you posted this thread but fell asleep and forgot all about it. Anyways I thought I'd try and give you a bit of feedback, hopefully it helps.

So firstly, I've gotta say it's a great start, I love the design you're going for it almost reminds me of something I've seen in Germany. Nonetheless, I think I can decipher why it may have been rejected.

Firstly, the most obvious thing I noticed almost immediately was the roof, it's not painted, it's left as drywall so it makes the house look unfinished and incomplete.

The next thing is your landscaping, here at MTS they're very big on landscaping, so the two flower bushes without the dirt paint isn't going to do unfortunately. You'll need to go in add some more plants and bushes along with some terrain paint (dirt) to add more realism.

Location is key to portraying your build a certain way. What is the architectural style you were going for? Currently, what it looks like is that the home is more of a northern style home (if that makes any sense) and would probably be better pictured in a more lush landscape i.e. Willow Creek. Just changing the setting alone in your picture gives the home more character. Personally, Oasis Springs makes the house look barren (as it is a desert) and looks kind of out of place.

Windows, were they placed from the interior or the exterior? Did you actually think about the placement of each window? Are the walls to high? Or are the windows too small? These are all things to take in consideration. What I'd recommend is removing your front windows and replacing them with some larger ones, the side ones should be fine as is, but the front is the first thing your "potential buyers" (downloaders) will see.

Color scheme, I see you're going for a light gray brick along with a bricked border, overall the house is very white and black which isn't a bad thing. However, the current way the house seems to be painted seems to kind of clash? I'm not sure how to explain it? Maybe try the brick on the lower floor and a tudor (the paneling wallpaper with the wooden borders) on the top floor. Also, play around with the foundation a bit more, the current style seems too fancy(?) lol, maybe something more basic because it's stealing a lot of the attention (also, more landscaping would fix this).

Decor is also key, try adding more decals to the exterior such as columns in the wall, flower boxes, go crazy *but not too crazy*, make it look appealing.

Lastly, in terms of the exterior, try adding some dormers to the roof, they'll only be decorational (unless you want to make them functional with an attic) but they could add that extra level of detail and mmph to bring it all together.

Now, the interior looks good just as it is. Although, I will say the rooms are very barren to me, and I'm not sure I'm fond of the pink paneling you've used in the living area. The area by the couches could certainly use a rug, and the walls could use more decor, maybe throw a grandfather clock in there as well (electronics>misc) as you seem to have an aged type of theme going. The mast is also really empty looking, I'd recommend a large wardrobe, maybe a coat rack by the door and an accent table on that wall adjacent to the door (the back wall). Also, try adding an ottoman at the end of the bed.

Is that pink room meant to be a skill room? Because you might want to use a different color palette for that, and use bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement for the career objects (specifically the painter) and utilize it to add more character to the room. Also try throwing some pot plants/vases in there too.

I hope that kind of helps you go in the right direction and you could hopefully understand me. Also, almost forgot, a tree might help with the landscaping as well. Good luck!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:49 PM
Try playing with shapes too. The house is very square, pop in some bump outs and give the house an interesting shape

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:06 AM
Thank you both for the feedback. It's very helpful.

Yes, I probably could have build it in Willow Creek. And on a bigger lot, because this one is rather small (15*20), making me felt like I was a little limited. Although I've changed the underground from sand to grass with this ''ground paint'' (or whatever it's called).

Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:21 PM
After the different feedback, this is my current house:

Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 12:20 AM
It has been published, thank you very much!

Theorist
#7 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:42 PM
Congrats Viktor on your first upload! It looks great!