Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacements for "Ideal Plantsim" - universal father of spawned plantbabies

by Sammy79 Posted 1st May 2007 at 6:24 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2009 at 3:51 PM by Sadie79

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 8:20 PM
That's very strange - never heard of that happening before On the other hand though, do you play with testingCheats on all the time? That's really not recommended for this kind of reason, although I'd also be curious to know if this has happened with anyone else.

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 6:27 PM
Haha, Oh Hi.

Ash's face doesn't bother me that much (but then I've done an Uglacy challenge, so my perceptions are skewed, lol!), but his mother was kinda pretty. He's the first plantsim baby I had. But I think I shall pick from one of your two anyway, because I just like the look of them that much. Thanks!

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 6:10 AM
Oh yeah!! this is great..all my plantsims are so wierd looking well a few have turned out uber cute but most have massive noses and just ughh!!! I always do a bit of surgery on them but this will be greatThanking you
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:03 AM
wow, he looks AMAZIN'
he would make an awesome legacy sim or something.... I don't really know alot of the technical stuff (i get my brother to explain all that stuffs) but if its possible, please upload him as a sim.... if you cant do that, it would be great if you made a sim like him...
great job! muah!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:26 PM
Heh, thanks The first is already posted here - or did you mean the second?

@Hooligans: Hi there! *waves* Hehe, are we stalking each other or what? Thanks for your comments anyway

Mad Poster
#56 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:50 AM
Default Thanks
Restoring my entire game, this was the 3rd thing I downloaded. A necessity!
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:50 AM
how do u make plant sim babies? (ive never actually "made" a plant sim....sooo, and btw the dude u made is awesome looking
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emoguysrock
how do u make plant sim babies? (ive never actually "made" a plant sim....sooo, and btw the dude u made is awesome looking

Aw, thanks

Well, to make a plantsim, plant a load of crops/orchard trees and get your sim to spray them when bugs appear. After a while there's a random chance the pesticide will leak; you get this big cloud and the sim changes. Any time after that, click on the plantsim (make sure s/he's active first) and you'll get an option to 'grow plantbaby'.

There are other, more cheaty ways to get a plantsim, but I've noticed it's not necessary - in fact one or two have happened by accident ^_^

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 3:13 PM
Wow, he is gorgeous.
Is like, as a plantsim, have that CC?
I'm currently only playing Maxis-Match and I don't want any of that type of CC in my game. Sorry if it's a stupid question. Dx

Nintendo Freak
Scholar
#60 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:16 PM
Somehow, neither one of Ideal Plant Sims affected the newborn plantbabies in the Greenman's family, I still get the ugly sims looking like that one on the first picture. Why is it happenning, anyone knows???
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Xordaii : 30th Dec 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Amairani, if this is like the PT replacements, then 1) make sure you only have one of them in the game at a time, like any default replacer, and 2) make sure they are in game before birth. I believe they work at moment of birth, but not before or after, so they have to be in the downloads folder at the time the baby is born. 3) another problem is if you swap them while the game is running. Defaults need to be changed before starting the game.

these replacers do work if they are swapped out, but only one at a time. You can have the first in, have a few babies born, then swap them, and they will have the same dad but new babies should have the new dad. Shouldn't be a problem if they are in at different times.
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:10 PM
Hello! Thank you for the IPS replacement. All of my plantsim babies are gorgeous as adults now.

I have just one problem though. I used cheats to test the replacement for several generations. Three of the the sims ended up having brown skinned faces, but plant sim green bodies. One was born (on the screen that pops up after birth) with a brown face as well, but eventually was given the correct green plantsim face. I use cheats often and have never had a problem with them before. The only one I used was boolprop testingcheats enabled, the tombstone of l & d, and shift+click the sims to age them. Has anyone else written to you with this problem? I hope it is just a random thing, lol.

Oh, also, my plantsims tended to spore twins a lot after I put in the replacement. :S

Thanks. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:44 PM
Thank u!
Page 3 of 3