Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:18 AM
Default Has anyone managed to tune equestrian center competition hours??
One of my Sims is a horseman, and I remembered how stupid the equestrian center is in this game, so I decided to try and fix that. Basing my work off of something KVRadiation had done a long time ago, I tried to make it happen with an updated game. Since KV hasn't been active, their mod has become out of date by a handful of patches (but to me it didn't seem like there had been many changes to the resources used). Regardless, I went ahead and tried to tune the hours to something more realistic, or at least less insane. The operative word here being "tried."

For the life of me, I cannot get the new hours to stick. Expanding the days works fine, but the hours don't. Has anyone other than KVRadiation gotten this blasted rabbithole tuned?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 6:33 PM
Well, I just changed the line kEveningShowDurationHours value="24", so the equestrian center is open 24hrs. It truly isnt open 24hrs but most days I can enter the competitions between 17.00 - 15.00. So nearly 24hrs. I left the line kEveningShowStartHour value="17" EA default, because when I tried to changed it, the hours become very weird. Like it would say that next competition is at 9am but it really started 5pm (EA default). I also modified the lenght of the race from 80mins to 50mins. I havent tested it too much though, as some days I cannot enter any competitions after 5am, but then most of the days I can till 3pm.

Hope that helps even a bit.