Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:02 AM
Default Effect planes/sprites on phones/tablets.
Sorry if this is veering into request or idea territory, but I have this thought of an override to make life easier for modders who make phone mods such as myself. I'm sure anyone who has dealt with editing the Store tablet or the University smartphone would know about the FX sprite that shows up floating a few units above a phone whenever a Sim uses the said objects. If you ask me, on a design standpoint they're basically ugly and superfluous, considering how you can just display things on group01 or the "LCD" mesh as what EA did with computers/TVs and when a Sim watches a video or two on his/her phone. I don't even need to tell more about how it has been a pain in the butt for me to tweak the X and Z size values for the screen to show up properly, only to end up shrinking or growing when you don't want to.

Rockstar did roughly the same thing to cellphones in GTA IV as what EA did to ingame PCs, and from what I can tell, EA could've done it better. I tried poking into the smartphone code myself, and while I did turn up some code relating to the phone display, I really don't know where to start or what to edit.