Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 6:48 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:16 PM.
Default Modding Socializing.XML STCs - "Sim B thinks Sim A is being boring" - removing the relationship hit, need help
Mods I have been talking about for a while, that I want to do:

I want to downgrade the requirement for romantic advancement actions from "Hot" to a lower level of flirty STC. It's just too hard to get that STC up. (EDIT: Never mind. Woohooer makes it possible for everything past "Romantic Interest" to not require an STC.)

Also, I want to make it so that falling into the "Dull" STC, better known as "being boring", does not cause a relationship drop. So many interactions seem to change the STC to "Dull" (and cause a "nice" -1 hit to relationship, hurr durr EA you so funny making Sims get butthurt over being bored), I hate it. Then, doing something that is against the other Sim's trait (bad-mouthing a friend of a Friendly Sim, bragging about fitness to a Couch Potato, enthusing about the wonders of TV/computers/robots to a Technophobe) would be insulting. "I can't stand jerks / exercise / gizmos!"

Or, I want to make a new social - "Take Offense to Being Thought Of as Boring".

A: *blah blah* (friendly social)
B: *yawns* (A's friendly social fails and ends up dropping the STC to Dull)
A: "I'm boring? Well I'm sorry my conversation went over your head. Expand your horizons, you closed-minded numbnuts."
Outcome one:
B: "I completely understand." (B thinks A is being funny)
Outcome two:
B: "Are you calling me stupid?" (B is insulted)

I notice there's a lot in there, but the tags for actual socials are all obfuscated and minified.

Will some of this require scripting?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.