Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:37 PM
Default Help wanted: Issue with CC chair (sims sitting behind chair, chair not lining up with table)
Hello, I downloaded this set from right here on MTS: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434495 and noticed quite a few of the furniture pieces seem to have an issue with rigs or slots (not sure which). I know how to fix this in SIms 4, but not in sims 3 as I haven't made any real CC for Sims 3 yet. The creator has been gone from around 2013 and I'd really like to fix this, as they are so beautiful.
So, here is the primary thing I'd like to fix.
When positioned next to the matching big table, the chair gets sucked into the middle.

The sim will also sit behind the chair:

When the chairs are put next to a small table (or even just a base game big table) they line up fine, but they carry over the siting issue:

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:04 AM
I had to fix a lot of CC with the rig fix. A lot.
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:32 PM
Pets broke absolutely everything that doesn't attach to a sim or get painted onto something. Anybody who had any non-CAS or non-pattern CC had a lot of rigfixing that needed to happen.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 8:18 AM
Another way to do it would be to replace the _RIG resource of the package you want to fix, with a _RIG resource from a cloned working chair. Just tried it and it works:

You only need S3PE and S3OC for this. Come to think of it, you don't even need S3OC if you look into the game DeltaBuild/Fullbuild packages and extract the _RIG resource yourself

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:32 AM
Just a heads-up: while this may have worked for this chair on the surface it is still possible that more needs to be done than just replacing the _RIG. This chair will perhaps still lack the ObjectTypeFlags2 entry which has settings for pet behaviour and Seasons, and the Pets update has also added RSLT and FTPT changes for many objects.
Look here for a document of failure with regard to bathtubs: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=542044
Site Helper
#7 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:21 PM
In Sims 2, an object that was broken by the Pets Ep was simply unable to be shredded by cats, jumped on, used to bathe a dog, etc. And with Seasons if you left it outside, the snow wouldn't pile up on it.

This is another case where I think I like Sims 2 better.

(And I'm glad I don't have Pets or Seasons.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook