Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:06 AM
Default Faerie Set in Store must have contained real fairies!
Well in a now-you-see-it, now-you-don't thing, EA had a whole entire fairy or faerie or however you spell it theme of items for their Sims3 store. I didn't get to see one single picture because there were nothing but little red x's where the photos were supposed to be. When I went to click, I got the "Oops, you caught us with our pants down" maintenance mode page. Hmph! What was that all about? There's now no indication that there ever was anything remotely fairy-ish up at the store. I'm trying to remember exactly when I saw this. Must have been about 11:30 pm-ISH Eastern Time. I have the flu and a migraine so I'm kind of out of it, honestly. Maybe I hallucinated the whole thing? Nah--just kidding. I am sure it was up there. Perhaps it got released accidently before they were ready to unveil it.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:09 AM
A fairy set?! What was there?!

Why am I so excited?!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:30 AM
Maybe a St. Patricks Day thing? You know, leprechauns and fairies and stuff...

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:33 AM
There's also an earth day set, and some other thing.. Earth Day makes me curious.

And I wonder what the clothing is going to look like, and if users are going to have to fix it because the idiots running the store 'forgot' to check it for YAs as well as Adults again.

If wings are involved they probably can't top what we already have.
Banned
#5 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
There's also an earth day set, and some other thing.. Earth Day makes me curious.

And I wonder what the clothing is going to look like, and if users are going to have to fix it because the idiots running the store 'forgot' to check it for YAs as well as Adults again.

If wings are involved they probably can't top what we already have.

Someone made fairy wings? link please
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:46 AM
I saw you comment on them. They're by EsmereldaF, come in Glowing or Monarch varieties. You wanted smaller ones. There's also some by Rose.

Technically both are 'butterfly wings' but 90% of the fairy sketches I've seen involve butterfly wings.
Banned
#7 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:49 AM
<_<

those are not fairy wings, that is why they are called butterfly wings :L
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:56 AM
*glances at a pair of posters on her wall* ... These fairies have butterfly wings. The 4 shirts I have with fairies also have butterfly wings. The little fairy girl on my computer has bat wings, but she's supposed to be evil. Another on a notebook I have has fairy wings. I have some stationary with Amy Brown fairies, and they all have 'butterfly' styled wings made of spider webs.

So, by deduction... butterfly wings on a humanoid=fairy wings.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:16 AM
I can't remember the last time I saw a fairy irl, but the I'm pretty sure that aeordynamically anything that flies in a similar way to a butterfly will have butterfly or dragonfly wings.

Those wispy wings you see in some pictures are just for show and probably belong to the now extinct flightless fairy. Poor things never had a chance running away from predators on those tiny legs.

Let that be a lesson to all of us. Functionality over aesthetics.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 11:29 AM
I don't think fairies are long for this world... mine keeps playing with fire...
Screenshots

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Theorist
#11 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:19 PM
Earth Day set??
Hmm, hope its farm and harvest type of stuff, like the riverview objects..

The sets are back up, without pictures. One is called Club Vaindenberger.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Banned
#12 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 3:57 PM
I hope they don't mean dumb "oooh look we're magic and pretty with no wings" kinds of faeries. There better be some damn wings in the attire set. e_e
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 4:53 PM
Yeah that'd be cool. Some little wings would be nice.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:14 PM
Well, the sets are up gain, but no objects are visble yet. Maybe the fairy stuff will be similar to the fairy stickers they put up recently on the site.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:34 PM
I must be blind cause I can't find it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:32 PM
Not just one set - several! Here's a screen shot: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9526/sims3store.jpg
Banned
#17 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM
Vaindenberg...that gives no indication of what it cold be. Club also could be anything. It's a den, study, and relaxation set, so it's not a bar or anything...
Forum Resident
#18 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlyingEvil
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9526/sims3store.jpg

Funny, I can't see any of those.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:41 PM
They still shows up at my page. Maybe it's only at the UK pages?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:07 PM
I can see them and I'm in the US ... I just refreshed the page and they're still there (no pictures, just the set names)

I have resigned myself to buying some more Sims points to get the new downloads, yes it feels like I'm being "manipulated" -- but I just love getting new sets and I am afraid of getting blue lots again ...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:28 PM
Page just went down for maintenance, when it came back up they were all gone.
Publicity stunt? Teaser? Glitch? Human failure?
Banned
#22 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:57 PM
I think they're just working on getting them up. They probably have a missing picture or something. That, or they're preparing the page to simply be "unlocked" and visible. Probably will be released tomorrow, first of the month.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:48 AM
Usually it's the first Thursday. So don't hold your breath.
Instructor
#24 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:08 AM
Ooo...a fairy set sounds really nice, but I agree about the wings. Wings are a must in a fairy set. XD I'm worried it might not have them though. Kind of like how I was somewhat disappointed with the steampunk set. While there was a lot of good stuff in it, where were the goggles? How can you have steampunk without goggles?! >< :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:46 AM
I don't think I'd want wings on a sim if they're anything like the flowers and shrubs there's going to be some really ugly clipping...into hair meshes, backs of chairs, into arms during hugging, etc. etc. and so forth. I saw that with wings in Sims2. They're cute for photos and storytelling but a pain in the butt during actual game play. I get this irresistable urge to spray RAID on them, anyway. I don't think I'm the right kind of person to really enjoy fairies, actually. Except maybe in a salad, if the wings are nice and crunchy, of course. I hate it when lettuce goes limp so I don't imagine I'd enjoy soggy fairy wings.

Hmm...I think they must be putting some weird stuff in Thera-Flu these days. Or maybe my PMS is kicking in. I'm just not in a fairy nice mood right now. Get it--fairy nice mood?

Jeez, tough audience tonight. Hmph.
Page 1 of 3