Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 3:43 PM
Default Nuclear Winters
Out of curiosity, will anyone try a nuclear winter, I know I will for some neighbourhood even thought it won't be completely accurate. I can have loads of underground houses, and having to grow my own food indoors in hydroponic bays (sorry if the Trekkiness comes out). And also, I know that the seasons have like adjustment periods from those developer transcripts, but does anyone know if two seasons are the same (eg. Winter/Winter) following one another if there is a transition period, or is it like one large season? Because it'd be like a 5day nuclear winter if so hehe.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:11 PM
You can set the lot to permanent winter. Or winter, winter, winter, summer. What ever you want. Each season is 5 days, so I'd imagine there would be no change from winter to winter just from one season to another.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:32 PM
Yes, like Canoodle says, each season last 5 sim days and there will be varying weather effects during those 5 days, so you may see subtle changes that occur within the season that you choose, but if you choose winter/winter/winter/winter, then there shouldn't be any season changes, only the weather ones.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
You can set the lot to permanent winter. Or winter, winter, winter, summer. What ever you want. Each season is 5 days, so I'd imagine there would be no change from winter to winter just from one season to another.

this is good to know....I was wondering how it would work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 8:52 PM
Thanks guys, I was just worried the realism would be lost if it reverted to normalish weather for a bit, then started snowing again. I don't mind if there are some times when it doesn't snow in winter (like good old England...all the time though practically) just that it won't heat up suddenly.