Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 7:00 AM
Default Stellar Observatory ~ Astronomy Career Question
Hey guys, I don't usually create things in Sims, but a big fan of all the talented creators out there, so I often follow up on their articles and guides, etc. So far everyone has beat me to everything I have ever wanted, until now. I have been looking everywhere for some sort of more old school looking stellar observatory so my sim can participate in the astronomer career without travelling to the future. I'm currently working at creating my own world very country looking and I would hate to have this Mercury thing in it but I want to put some stellar observatory in it. I managed to extract the Fascinating Facts Observatory from the Midnight Hollow world and transform it into a package. But as I installed it into my world, I realized it works like a science rabbithole??? Isn't there any way to attach the Mercury Stellar Observatory use to the Fascinating Facts Observatory shell? I have the S3PE that I used to get the Fascinating Facts Observatory on it's own, but I am not sure what I can adjust there to make it act like a Mercury Observatory... any help from the savvy creators?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 6:19 PM
@Yuximie, this question is probably better suited for the Modding Discussion forums in Create, which is where I am moving this now.
You are basically asking how to create a custom rabbithole, right? With a clone of the Midnight Hollow Science Lab as the base.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:25 PM
Yes thank you!!! Either that, or if someone can redirect me to some custom item that works like the rabbit hole for the astronomy career that I can download somewhere that I will have no trouble hiding in a very small world, I would be very thankful. I don't plan to make large lots, and that original mercury stellar observatory is far too huge.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yuximie
Yes thank you!!! Either that, or if someone can redirect me to some custom item that works like the rabbit hole for the astronomy career that I can download somewhere that I will have no trouble hiding in a very small world, I would be very thankful. I don't plan to make large lots, and that original mercury stellar observatory is far too huge.

This guide to making your own rabbit hole rugs is very well written and easy to follow, it's where I learned to make my own, which I then usually just stick into a building of my liking. I'm not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you find it difficult I can upload the rug that I made for the observatory to download.