Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 9:41 PM Last edited by leesester : 15th Mar 2011 at 1:39 AM.
Default Achievements
Here on MTS we have a lot of neat site features that are maybe not that visible to users. One of those neat features is the Achievements System.

Achievements:

If you upload items to MTS or use the creativity sections of the site, you have probably seen the Accomplishments tab in your profile. The pictures represent the various Achievements you can get by posting in certain areas.

Up until now, the Accomplishments tab only showed what Achievements a user already had - now, we are showing all the possible Achievements in one overview - the ones you DON'T have yet are kind of greyed out, but you can see what they are and what they are for. This is a great way to find new challenges for yourself around the site.

Quick Links to Your Achievements:

In addition, we have added a "quick links to achievements" under your avatar on all posts you make on the site. Click on a link to see what Achievements you - or people you know from around the site - have got so far.

In closing...

We hope that with this enhancement to the Achievements system you can find things to do on MTS and get a bit of recognition for them.

Please feel free to ask questions, and we will try to answer/clarify things to the best of our abilities.

Create it, share it, play it - and happy simming!
Screenshots
16 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:37 AM
Nice to see what one doesn't have (yet). This will also let us know when you add new achievements. Thanks for the changes!

Is the shoes achievement only for Sims3? I ask because I have made multi wearable accessory / BV jewelry shoes for Sims2 here.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:50 AM
It's only for stuff in the Shoes category, is more to the point. You know the system .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
It's only for stuff in the Shoes category, is more to the point. You know the system .

So it's one of those achievements like Archeologist that may not be automatically granted, but a mod can do it? Thanks so much for the stereotype sticker! Wheeee!

Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 3:03 AM
Yes, yes I notice the achievements way early today and posted in the site issues about how wonderful it is to have this setup, before you made a post here in this section about it. Love It ! :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
All achievements can be added or removed manually by a mod, if there are any glitches/bugs. Most are also automatic - we're working on filling the gaps.

Whilst working on learning to make facial hair, 'cause hot damn that fuzzywuzzy is cute .

Banned
#7 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 9:35 AM
do you need to de a creator to see your own achivements on porfile.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 10:40 AM
Great idea, but one of my achievements has gone missing and I wonder if other people who had this particular one are having the same issue or if it's just me - the new link on my profile page says '21 Achievements', but when going to the Accomplishments tab, it says 20 and my 'Inventor' achievement icon is no longer there (nor within the greyed out ones either). Am very sad because that was my fave achievement (aside from Fuzzy Wuzzy of course). Where oh where has my little Inventor guy gone?

ETA: Ah, sorry, got further down in the list of forums posts and found this has already been raised in another thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=436681 . Hope to see the little guy back soon.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:53 PM
EsmeraldaF, I also mourn the loss of the little inventor guy. Whitey has promised he will be back

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 4:55 PM
No, nightwitch, you don't have to be a creator to see your achievements. You do have to have some though.

Yes, yes - the welder is coming back! He's being welded back together first though.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 9:35 PM
But where is the Achievements *page*?

Is it not available?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 9:55 PM
Asa, Achievements display in the Accomplishments tab on your profile.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:27 AM Last edited by porkypine : 16th Mar 2011 at 4:43 AM.
Thanks for posting the possibilities! I didn't know you had all those!

..... I think I should have one for writing a tutorial - cuz I done did rite 1 .. and it hasn't been extirpated ... yet... -
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ersion_Tutorial

... and extirpated is TOO a word! ( not a typical porky typo neither so nyah! )

I went back and looked over the achievements again and I should have a few more. Lots of my stuff is hidden in mod group sets...

Made a start to finish Ts2 to TS3 object conversion tute
Entered TS2 and TS3 contests
Made TS2 and working on TS3 clothing meshes
Made a TS2 hair mesh - native sims
Made TS2 sims for Native Sims
Made Pet - native sims
Made a uni major - native sims
Made Shoes - High Rollers - Ohh -la-la those shoes! (Peacock dress heels and Dolce Gabana men's shoes) :lovestruc

Maybe you could have an achievement for unusual items - like the transparent cocktail hot tub?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:26 PM
The achievements can only automatically count stuff on MTS, which is part of why we suggest adding a thread in the tutorials forum linking to your wiki tutorial - it's also a handy way of keeping track of comments and stuff, of course.

Unfortunately, we also can't really include stuff that's in sets - some things, like stuff that's categorised in an unexpected manner, or a tutorial on the wiki without an MTS thread, is easy enough for us to fix because it happens quite rarely. But we can't go through every multi-type upload and check that the creator gets all the right achievements, and it wouldn't be fair to do so for some people and not others.
We do have a long-term feature project which will hopefully fix this, though not in the immediate future (I expect). Sorry! :/

Theorist
#15 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:21 PM
I'm not keen on seeing all possible achievements listed on each person's tab, its just too cluttered.

But apart from that, could there be an easily accessed page that gives a more extended description of what each achievement involves? For example, I can only conjecture what "Model - participated in a contest" actually means.

Its likely in the "to do" list already, but I would like to see "Community Architect" and "Commercial Architect" achievements. There have been a great number of residential projects uploaded, but it would be beneficial to encourage more community and commercial lots.

Thank you for all your hard work on the achievements system, whiterider and leesester.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:42 PM
Perhaps separating them out would make it less cluttered? The idea is that we all look at the greyed out ones and think "I want THAT one..." .

I'm not sure what more a description page could say about participated in a contest - it's for, um, participating in contests . It's not active yet though, as it'll be switched on with the advent of another New Thing we're working on.

Yes, stickers for other types of lots are in the works.

Theorist
#17 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:17 PM
Yes, perhaps the achievements that have not been achieved could be on a separate tab. I just think it detracts from what a creator has actually accomplished when I see all the greyed out ones there too.

I noticed that those who had participated in challenges did not have the contest achievement, so I assumed it was for something else. But if its not active yet, that explains it.
Not actually evil.
#18 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:46 PM
Here's some folks who ought to have the "shoes" achievement.

- q3tbo for bunny slippers and tiger slippers
- fanseelamb for bunny slippers
- fakepeeps7 for kids' bunny slippers

Scholar
#19 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:47 PM
The icons are so cute! I always wondered what the ones I didn't have looked like.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:57 PM
Contests aren't the same as challenges - that refers to contests in the Community areas.

I'll fix those up, Cat!

Not actually evil.
#21 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:45 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 17th Mar 2011 at 2:26 AM.
How does "many hats" work? For its purposes, is clothing all one category, or is teen boy formal separate from female adult sleepwear?

I'll fix those up, Cat!

whiterider Thanks.

edit: I ask because fakepeeps7 has many hats, but uploads in clothing and hair only. So I assume clothing subcategories must count? If they do, I would like many hats too, please. I would think this achievement would be one of those a script could detect.

I have uploaded in
1) programs
2) CAS screens
3) object recolors
4) accessories
5) hair
6) facial hair
7) skin tones
8) makeup
9) clothing
--- everyday
--- sleepwear
--- swimwear
--- outerwear
--- formal
--- athletic

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:56 AM
The achievements can only automatically count stuff on MTS, which is part of why we suggest adding a thread in the tutorials forum linking to your wiki tutorial - it's also a handy way of keeping track of comments and stuff, of course.

Unfortunately, we also can't really include stuff that's in sets -

Ok! I didn't know I could post the tute here. I'll do that soon.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:40 AM
...I'm really confused now, Cat. I added that achievement for fakepeeps manually, because it's not automatic yet, and... I counted the sections... and now they're all gone...
*sigh*

It goes by top level categories. For example, Phaenoh has it, because she has uploaded to Game Mods, Buy Mode, Pets, Sims, Programs & Utilities, Bodyshop, Themed Sets, Misc, Build Mode and Lots & Housing.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM
Hi Whiterider. I am unable to post the tutorial on MTS in the meshing tutorial section. It says I am not authorized, or some such 'deny'.

Quote:
porkypine, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
Not actually evil.
#25 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:40 AM
...I'm really confused now, Cat. I added that achievement for fakepeeps manually, because it's not automatic yet, and... I counted the sections... and now they're all gone...
*sigh*

It goes by top level categories. For example, Phaenoh has it, because she has uploaded to Game Mods, Buy Mode, Pets, Sims, Programs & Utilities, Bodyshop, Themed Sets, Misc, Build Mode and Lots & Housing.

I thought something like that was why Phae had it. So just to be clear, Body Shop is all one category, and Clothing / Makeup / Skins are not because they are not top level, correct?

Page 1 of 3