Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:39 AM
Reference Mesh Showing
- Hi !

So community , once again I have a problem. It seems when I create a custom mesh and use Meshing Toolkit to auto - assign bones and morphs , the reference mesh I used can still be seen under. I honestly don't know what the issue is . The reference mesh can be see under for ALL my creations " skirt , Crop Top "

Also , if you suggest combining the nude top and nude bottom for a reference can you PLEASE explain how to do that.

But back to the custom mesh. It was suppose to be a cross suit or a lowercase T . I set it to a full body mesh ( like I was suppose to ) and I used a swimsuit as the reference. Btw , the overlays and such wouldn't show up in TSRW so that's why it looks like that.

Thanks !
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:30 AM
You can use Toolkit to combine the upper and lower nude meshes, or just regroup them in Milkshape.

Obviously something has gone wrong in your meshes - there's no way reference meshes would show if used as intended. Please explain exactly what you did, start to finish, step by step.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You can use Toolkit to combine the upper and lower nude meshes, or just regroup them in Milkshape.

Obviously something has gone wrong in your meshes - there's no way reference meshes would show if used as intended. Please explain exactly what you did, start to finish, step by step.

Okay ,

First I created my mesh in Marvelous Designer 3 ( I've seen MULTIPLE creators create meshes using MD3 and work fine in game , js. ) After that I exported it into Maya to UV map. Once that was finished I then imported it into Milkshape just to add " group_base " then export it as WSO.

Next , I found a reference mesh which looked close to mine (swimsuit) . So I exported it and did the usual in Meshtoolkit. When I tried to add textures it wouldn't work so I just decided to discard that and test it in game (btw I exported it as a .package ) . And well that happened

- Thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:46 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 1st Aug 2014 at 8:57 AM.
Could you post pictures of the mesh before and after you used MeshToolKit, or better still upload the meshes, and tell EXACTLY what you did in Toolkit? Did you export the reference mesh from TSRW? What did you do exactly in TSRW to import the meshes, including what did you clone as a base? Please be detailed.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:15 AM
Could you post pictures of the mesh before and after you used MeshToolKit, or better still upload the meshes, and tell EXACTLY what you did in Toolkit? Did you export the reference mesh from TSRW? What did you do exactly in TSRW to import the meshes, including what did you clone as a base? Please be detailed.

In MeshToolkit I went to auto tools for WSO. The "WSO mesh to modify " and I selected my mesh that was already UV Mapped and grouped ( just one group named group_base ) in Milkshape. For " Reference Mesh " I used a swimsuit made by EA ( I exported it from TSRW in High LOD ) . Then I had clicked "replace all bones and do interpolation )

After that I saved as FINAL.wso. Then I did the exact same for morphing. I selected my FINAL.wso to modify and them used the reference mesh to create morphs. Then I saved it and saved over the other Final.wso

In TSRW I just imported it in high LOD slot. Then tried to fix textures (which failed , they wouldn't show up ) . So I just exported as .package and tested in game.

-Sorry for typos .. it's 3:14 am here
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Help.zip (1.29 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 5:44 PM
If you mean the thin morph (and maybe the other morphs) is distorted, I don't know what caused it because when I cloned the swimsuit_plunge and imported your mesh, the morphs are fine. The ankles don't match up but that's because the base mesh ankle seams need to be matched to the foot ankles and the morphs regenerated. Also the fat morph and probably the others need some fine-tuning. Basically, I don't see anything wrong with the auto-generated morphs.

If you mean skin texture showing where your T mesh is, that's a texturing problem. I don't know why TSRW wouldn't let you import modified textures. If you'd explain step by step how you created your project in TSRW, what you cloned, how you imported the mesh, and upload a pic of the TSRW screen that isn't showing the textures, I'll see if I spot anything.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:05 PM
If you mean the thin morph (and maybe the other morphs) is distorted, I don't know what caused it because when I cloned the swimsuit_plunge and imported your mesh, the morphs are fine. The ankles don't match up but that's because the base mesh ankle seams need to be matched to the foot ankles and the morphs regenerated. Also the fat morph and probably the others need some fine-tuning. Basically, I don't see anything wrong with the auto-generated morphs.

If you mean skin texture showing where your T mesh is, that's a texturing problem. I don't know why TSRW wouldn't let you import modified textures. If you'd explain step by step how you created your project in TSRW, what you cloned, how you imported the mesh, and upload a pic of the TSRW screen that isn't showing the textures, I'll see if I spot anything.

Here is what I did from start - to finish. From TSRW all the way to CAS . All the pictures and the .package are included in the zip .

About morphs . I don't have issues with the morph . This will be my personal creation . So I don't care if the fat morph distorts the clothing when that slider is used .
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Help Pictures.zip (1.83 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Includes .Package file and Step By Step Pictures
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM
Sorry, RL has been keeping me busy plus I wasn't feeling well yesterday.

Judging from your pics, something's wrong in your installation of TSRW or your game. I've never seen a cloned clothing with no textures like that. The first thing I'd try is re-downloading and reinstalling TSRW; if that doesn't work try cloning a different full body outfit. You'll have to find one that has only one mesh group, or split your mesh into two meshes, or clone a top or bottom and set it to Fullbody. Get a clone that has proper textures and then try importing your mesh.

I have no idea what's causing the body distortion since I didn't get it when I used your mesh, but maybe having a fully working clone to start with will fix that too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM
Sorry, RL has been keeping me busy plus I wasn't feeling well yesterday.

Judging from your pics, something's wrong in your installation of TSRW or your game. I've never seen a cloned clothing with no textures like that. The first thing I'd try is re-downloading and reinstalling TSRW; if that doesn't work try cloning a different full body outfit. You'll have to find one that has only one mesh group, or split your mesh into two meshes, or clone a top or bottom and set it to Fullbody. Get a clone that has proper textures and then try importing your mesh.

I have no idea what's causing the body distortion since I didn't get it when I used your mesh, but maybe having a fully working clone to start with will fix that too.

OMG . I feel SO ignorant. It turns out I had TWO folders . EA Games & Origin Games!

When I first installed sims I used disc but it kept getting stuck on Fullbuild1.package ... So I installed on Origin . So my TSRW preferences were going to ... ProgramFilesx86> Electronic Arts > Sims 3 . When It Was Suppose To Go To OriginGames>Sims 3 .

Hopefully that fixes my reference mesh issue! I'll let you know

THANKS

EDIT: It fixes my reference mesh issue . THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH WITH ME !