Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 6:39 AM
Remember, the game isn't out yet. Heck, it hasn't even reached gold status yet. Also, that video was probably taken on an older build. It's laggy because they haven't optimized it yet. I wouldn't worry about your PC running it or not.
Advertisement
#27 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 4:23 PM
I didn't notice any lag at all. In fact, I read this thread before I watched it then looked out for it in the video but I didn't notice any difference :confused:
Stupid people are stupid
#28 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:21 AM
I noticed the lag but i don't think we should worry about it at all.
1. We have no idea what specs the pc has where the walkthrough was on.
2. We don't know how the settings are on that pc.
3. It's not out yet. Relax, why would they give us the requirements if those requirements are too low?

So please, relax a little...
#29 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 2:54 PM
I havent noticed the lag, either.I guess I was too much excited!!!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:12 PM
I highly doubt they are still working on it so close to shipping. Did they even announce when Pets went gold? I didn't know they still did that.

I noticed a bit of lag during winter but I wasn't surprised. And it was only a bit, the way some of you are reacting, you would think his computer froze up or something. They had all specs on high, most people usually don't. I'm not worried. I'm upgrading my comp but even if I weren't, I still wouldn't be worried. The Sims 2 is good at being able to play even on the crappiest of computers so I wouldn't let something like this damper your enthusiasm about the game. Woo! 10 days! Can't wait!

ETA: Also, are you sure most of the lag you saw was your own computer's lag in playing the video and not actual lag from the game? The first time I watched it, there were some buffering issues so it was slower but the second time, it went through smoothly.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:14 PM
i cant even watch the video for some reason...Im so angry. I can watch every other single video for any of the other games, but not that one.
Banned
#32 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
I've seen worst lag than that! I'll just set the settings lower for large lots, turn neighbors and neighborhood decorations off and turn view distants on small. I really want that expansion packs anyways!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:01 PM
I've downloaded the video and you can see a slight lag in Winter, it's like when you max out the number of Sims on a lot, (A great way to see why RAM is more important than some spiffy Graphics Card.).
The new EP is supposed to: "Auto Adjust" to your Graphics Card, according to the EA site. What it cannot do is Auto Adjust your RAM.

Food for thought, before anyone goes wasting a lot on a new Graphics Card that is not needed.
#34 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:09 PM
My neighbourhood is a tropical paradise, so I wasn't planning on letting snow in it anyway.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:38 AM
To be honest i didnt see ANY lag!

It was laggy in the rain and in the fall when the grandpa was picking oranges.

It was also laggy at times when the guy Hunter (w/e his name is) was talking and his face was shown , its not the computre thats laging. It was the recorder that was making the computre apear laggy, thats what happens when i use camtasia recorder to record my desktop for some home made movies . And when i tape myself infront of my pc it happens too.

Im sure their will not be THAT much lag beacuse they know well that most people dont have the best computers and if they dont make a solution to their problems they will lose millions due to that problem. 1 person writes a review about a laggy game then it spreads pretty quickly. So it might lag but not verymuch i doubt it will.

I thougth it was only half your Video cards problem if you laged if you have too much CPU usage at once you will lag and or it will shut you computre down (turn off YIM , AIM , MSN , Skype when you play TS2 trust me fixes alot ) And it also depends on your Hard Drive memory size. The more memory the faster it goes I deleted all my Downloads for TS2 and then downloaded just the insiminator and 1 house and it worked faster :P
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:12 PM
my graphics are good but will need to get more ram!
#37 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MARCINEKOK
Im sure their will not be THAT much lag beacuse they know well that most people dont have the best computers and if they dont make a solution to their problems they will lose millions due to that problem. 1 person writes a review about a laggy game then it spreads pretty quickly. So it might lag but not verymuch i doubt it will.

A good reasoning, but things are more complicated than that. Try to apply it to Windows Vista, and you will realize that there are more factors involved, more powerful than people's opinions
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Question
A good reasoning, but things are more complicated than that. Try to apply it to Windows Vista, and you will realize that there are more factors involved, more powerful than people's opinions

Well ya Windows vista is slower thats why I chosse not to upgrade.
But if you still have Windows XP you should not get tha kind of slow gaming experience.

My friend has Vista and its slower then XP.

Thats where microsoft screwed up.

Im sure their will be settings on how much detail you want the Weather to be.
#39 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:31 PM
There could have been a lot of factors contributing to the lag, such as programs running in the background, the fact that it wasn't a complete version of seasons, etc. We won't really know until it comes out. I don't think we'll have too much to worry about, personally. Some people may have a harder time, but remember, you could always just skip winter until youg et a better computer And this might be an excuse for me to get rid of some of that custom content that's building up.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:54 PM
I didn't find it slow, from watching.....and they had it in regualr play mode....but I am sure there will be a lag which would be normal inbetween seasons.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 7:11 PM
Hunter Howe is a brave man, he always does the walkthroughs!

Anywho, back on topic. I noticed a bit of a lag myself, but nothing that should be causing such alarm as it has.

Waiting for Seasons has pretty much taken away about seven years of my life, as all Sims 2 expansion packs do, but I am sort of dreading the release. Please don't stone me just yet, I have a good reason.

I have just under 5,200 pieces of custom content in my game and it takes my game a loooonnnggg time to load up and it makes me a really sad panda. So when Seasons comes out I'm going to instal it, package my favorite lots and Sims, remove the downloads folder, install those houses and Sims and start fresh.

I'm very sad about it already, but its just time I cut my loses. I really should have done it with the release of Pets, but I just couldn't pull the bandaid off that wound.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 8:56 PM
Brave and sexy! I'm also planning on starting fresh. Or atleast kind of fresh..
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#43 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:35 PM
I also didn't notice too much lag. Like stated above, we don't know if they were running the full game engine or not, as the game was still in partial developement. Now, if I just can remember to remove ALL my hacks before installing ( along with my custom furniture and objects) , I'll be good to go. GAH

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:40 PM
I didn't see any lag! Maybe my game just runs slower or something, but to be honest I really didn't notice a lag at all!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Page 2 of 2