Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:44 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 4th Aug 2014 at 1:02 PM. Reason: found solution

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] I don't understand what The Ultimate Collection is?
I am not understanding what TUC means for me. Correct if I am wrong. Here is what I think it might mean: there is a site much like Steam where you get only downloads from the internet but it is called Origin and it belongs to the company EA and only can you download EA game products from Origin. Some people who bought and registered a Sims 2 product may now download every Sims 2 game ever made from this Origin. Those who did not register can now register a single sims disk and they as well may also download for free every single Sims 2 game ever made. Since I do not bother registrating products for I am lazy and I already own all TS2 games by buying disks this means nothing to someone like me. But that there is a hint that these free downloads from Origin have extra content that did not come with the original series? Have I understood this right?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:52 PM
It is is a downloadable version of a bundle of every EP and SP for The Sims 2. There is no extra content, just all EPs and SPs. It may be extra for someone that doesn't have every one, but for someone that has every EP and SP on disc, its just the same except digital.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM
I have got the digital download and kept it as a backup, in case I ever need it in the future. It is worth registering to do that, just leave the file in your game library on origin.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:57 PM
Yes/No. You can't download individual Sims 2 EP/SPs it only comes as the entire collection. There is no additional content in it, such as Sims Store items, or pre-order bonuses. You don't even have to own anything anymore as far as I can tell, just enter the code from here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-t...ate-collection/ . Sims 1 games are not available for download.

You do have to install Origin to download the game. Origin does not have to be running to run the game though.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:01 PM
Well it's over now anyway. That didn't last very long. EA are still jerks.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:46 PM
I'm thrilled with the UC. Not simply because it contained IKEA, which I have been trying to get for years, but because my Sims 2 would crash if I allowed the launcher to load properly, so I had to click it as quickly as I could, to be able to enter my game. Since I installed the UC instead, the launcher never even appears. It opens Sims 2 straight up. Additionally, I had to delete groups.cache and accessories.cache every single time I wanted to play, or the game wouldn't launch at all. The UC fixed that as well, apparently, so I'm glad I grabbed 2 copies of it, just in case. (Grabbed it on a second Origin account as well, in case I'd later run into a friend who was tearing his/her hair out, for not having known about the UC when it was avaliable).
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
I'm thrilled with the UC. Not simply because it contained IKEA, which I have been trying to get for years, but because my Sims 2 would crash if I allowed the launcher to load properly, so I had to click it as quickly as I could, to be able to enter my game. Since I installed the UC instead, the launcher never even appears. It opens Sims 2 straight up. Additionally, I had to delete groups.cache and accessories.cache every single time I wanted to play, or the game wouldn't launch at all. The UC fixed that as well, apparently, so I'm glad I grabbed 2 copies of it, just in case. (Grabbed it on a second Origin account as well, in case I'd later run into a friend who was tearing his/her hair out, for not having known about the UC when it was avaliable).

There have been re-occurring issues with the launcher - but you can permanently bypass the launcher altogether.