Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 7:22 AM
Default Problems With CAS- Premade Sims
Hi there, so I've been experiencing a couple issues in CAS, specifically when I click on the premade sims tab. When I click the tab, the game freezes and a window pops out saying the game has crashed. The odd part, is that it only occurs when i am making a female sim, when i click on the premade sim tab for the males it opens up fine, except there are two female sims among the male sims and when I click on them, I get a male but the thumbnail is of a female sim. There are no other problems beside this, every other part of cas and the game works just fine except for when I click on the premade female sims tab. So, anyone have any idea what this may be? I appreciate any help/suggestions, thanks in advance.

(Only have the Sims University expansion installed)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 9:41 AM
Have you downloaded any sims? Because my guess would be that you downloaded a female sim that the game doesn't like for whatever reason, which is why it only crashes on the female sim bin. I don't know about the messed up thumbnails though.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 1:24 PM
You can clear up the thumbnail problem by deleting your thumbnails. They should regenerate correctly.

I suggest taking out your SavedSims folder. See if the problem goes away. Then you can start putting them back, most recent ones first, till you find the guilty sim.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 3:59 PM
Sims can also be stored in the Downloads folder, so if removing the SavedSims folder doesn't solve your problem, backup your game and remove your Downloads folder instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:05 AM
Thank you all so much for your help, i tried deleting the saved sims folder but that didn't solve anything, so i used the sims pack Clean Installer and disabled the face presets and that solved the problem so if anyone ever experiences a similar issue, delete the preset faces. Again thank you all for you suggestions.