Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 12:19 AM
Default Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff
Hi, I swear on an old computer that after installing this stuff pack to an old game, uninstalling the whole sims 2 and then re-installing the sims 2, would make this pack's stuff appear in the new game despite me not installing it. Did the computer remember it somehow despite the uninstallation? PS, I use the stuff pack, not the happy holiday version of the sims 2.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 1:52 AM
Sounds a bit weird. What is showing ingame to make you think the pack is showing up?

Check the "...\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins" folder for the basegame in the installation location, and look for a "H05.bundle" or "H06.bundle" file.

Did you make sure everything was cleared out before reinstalling? In some cases, files can hang back in certain parts of the file system, especially the hidden "apps" location.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sounds a bit weird. What is showing ingame to make you think the pack is showing up?

Check the "...\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins" folder for the basegame in the installation location, and look for a "H05.bundle" or "H06.bundle" file.

Did you make sure everything was cleared out before reinstalling? In some cases, files can hang back in certain parts of the file system, especially the hidden "apps" location.

Thanks, it was an old computer but I'll take note in the future.