Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
Default Swimming pool lot for family visits
All the kids at my orphanage keep wishing to play marco polo, and I don't have any suitable community lots with a swimming pool, so I set out to build one that would be aimed towards children. I figured the orphanage could make a thing of it to take the kids out to new locations now and then.

In the end, I kind of liked the result. It's littered with CC, which I would normally not even consider uploading, but I liked how it came out so I thought about sharing it.

What do you guys think? Is there any point in uploading it, or is it too generic to be worth it? If people might like it, I'll go over it and reduce the amount of CC used, since I built it for me and used anything I wanted to.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
I like the shape of the swimming pool and the lot looks like sims could enjoy to be there. Good work! Maybe you can replace some of the custom content with suitable stuff from the EPs/SPs if the list of used cc is too long. Did you playtest the lot?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:22 PM
Yeah, that was my plan (changing to EP/SP items). Most of the things are just CC versions of things that exist in game, that I chose because I think the recolors are more suitable, but it could easily be reduced without losing too much of the feel.

Glad you like it though I haven't play tested it thoroughly yet, since I built it for me and figured I'd get some feedback before I consider uploading, but I took the orphanage there, as planned, and they had a great day. Other visitors tend to flock the playground, but that's normal game behavior. I found once I directed my controllable Sims to do other things (swim/eat/use bathroom), the rest did so too.

EDIT: I figure I should mention I built the lot in my building hood, and have a fresh copy of it should I decide to upload
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM
I like the layout and such, but the sand all over seems a bit unrealistic to me. You don't typically find sand as a ground cover at a community pool. Maybe use some sort of tile/poured concrete for the majority of the ground, then use sand/pebbles for the kids play area.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
I agree, but I couldn't find any floor tiles that I thought fit. I do actually like the sand, but I figured sand right up to the edge of a pool is highly unrealistic since it'd just pour in, but I couldn't find anything I liked even for just surrounding the pool. So, I embraced the sand and wrote it up as a mini-tropic destination, trying to offer the tropic feel to sims who can't afford to go to twikki island.

I suppose I could look again, though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:03 AM
Use the concrete that the Pleasantview pool uses and it should be fine.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158