Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
"I'd rather play Myshuno with a pack of llamas."

@> DJ > yes that it. Thanks oh my goodness two head is better than one

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
"Count me out."
"If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1-10, I'd still say no."

I don't have that one in my Dutch game. I think it's been replaced by this: "Even if I was lying in the desert and you would offer me a glass of water, I'd still say no." Wooooowwwww.
Theorist
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:54 PM
Too bad the game hasn't been translated into more languages. As far as I can see, each language spices the game up, even with little things!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Theoretically possible, and indeed valid for those Sims who live in households where at least one Sim has a mobile (or they could be answering from their landline while their friendly mobile gadget engineer is getting the water out of the mobile the Sim dropped in the toilet/bath/pool/hot tub/cowplant last night).

Less valid when it's a Sim who couldn't plausibly have access to one, and doubly less valid when it's a technophobic household that's being rung (not that Sims 2 knows which households have been designated technophobic, but still...)

It seems though that a technophobic household wouldn't have *any* phone. I'm thinking of the Amish, with no phones, no cars, no electricity, etc. I'm thinking they might have a bed, a sofa, a bookcase, a fireplace, table and chairs, candles for light, one of those buffet tables (since they wouldn't have a refrigerator), and unfortunately, there's no getting around running water in The Sims 2 unless there's a mod for that.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM
A CC outdoor refrigerator and cooking fireplace, both available here. Also a CC water pump. Some houses used to have handpumps in the kitchen, btw. I wonder if anyone ever did a sink rainbarrel?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 4:15 PM
There's a sink rainbarrel right here on MTS that I can't find just at the moment, plus these two barrel sinks: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=309210 and http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=188146

There are also some skins here and on Plumb Bob Keep that are an ewer and basin, or just a basin on a stand.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
unfortunately, there's no getting around running water in The Sims 2 unless there's a mod for that.

There is a waterfall shower, pee anywhere spots or castaway pee bush surround. No need for running water, they can put plates into the bin (inside trash) and from there into the compost bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:23 PM
Hahaha, the phone messages are awesome. However, the first time I played the game and the infamous, he/she is working, unlike someone I know- I was very sad. I am sensitive like that. I love them now.
Scholar
#34 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 6:07 PM
I sort of miss the mystery Crank Calling from the Sims 1
Yes, I know you can crank call people in sims 2, but getting crank called isn't the same.

I loved the psychic advisors ringing me up and the scary music playing...

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Theorist
#35 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 11:38 AM
"Calling in the middle of the night is not cool, except to tell me my house is on fire."

I've never seen that one... I wonder why! Can't remember what they say when you call during the night, but it's something else.
Scholar
#36 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 2:37 PM
I never actually understood "Sim's at work, unlike someone I know." message. Is the Sim reffering to the caller being a lazyass, or is there something else?

In the german version the game doesn´t just imply, it insults you outright by calling you a Faulpelz (slacker).

Recently I didn´t pay attention to the time and had a teenager sim call an aquaintance after 2 a.m. by accident. The relationship dropped a little, but since it wasn´t much to begin with, it was now in the negative. The next time he saw her on a community lot, first thing she did was slapping him in the face, then proceeding to insults and some more slapping up to the point where my sim couldn´t take it anymore and beat her up. She was a 3-bolt-match for him, but, alas, that´s a pairing that isn´t going to happen now.
All this because of a bad timed phone call
Scholar
#37 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 5:09 PM
I love how they say when they are making a Baked Alaska when you KNOW that Sim doesn't have enough cooking skills to make it yet

Scholar
#38 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:26 AM
I never actually understood "Sim's at work, unlike someone I know." message. Is the Sim reffering to the caller being a lazyass, or is there something else?

Maybe they are referring to another household member, say a husband.
I'll have to check that on a single person household and see if they say the same thing

Forum Resident
#39 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:08 PM
Maxis meant to be funny with this Sims 2. I appreciate that. But it is playing a game for years and even the smallest thing becomes annoying let alone jokes. I would still rather see game makers put in the jokes knowing they meant to make me smile.
Page 2 of 2