Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 7:51 AM
Rosebine, of course you are avoiding the first born syndrome. What we meant to tell you is that you can also avoid it with less work than you are currently doing
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Go into CAS and randomise before entering each household you'll want to play

If you do this you mentioned before, after the first time you go into CAS and roll the pacifier everything is fine. No need it do it again.
Doing it once per session (for example, right after you start the game) changes from the default genetics settings to others for all households.

I usually do it only in those sessions in which a Sim who already has a child in about to give birth, but if it fits you to do it in all them just in case it is still much less work than doing it before playing each household.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:09 PM
Sometimes there's incessant barking coming from off the lot. It's most noticeable on fast-forward. Was this introduced with Pets? Is it from AL and indicates that the lot is low-class? Does it only happen with both EPs installed? Does anyone know of a hack to stop it? If it is the lot class thing there's the cheat to change the class, but I like having low-class lots, and I would rather just get rid of this entirely. It gives me a headache.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
It's not that you're not doing it right, Rosebine. So long as you randomize before the first BIRTH of a play session, you're randomized and good to go. It's just that you don't have to do it before conception because the game doesn't give the offspring its genes, personality, etc. until the baby is born. That's what it's doing during that time when that screen pops up that tells you there's a new baby on the way and that the "stork is making sure the knots are tied," etc. Really what's happening during that time is that the game is generating your kid, just as it does when you tell it to generate a Sim in CAS. So, you're not doing anything wrong, like I said. It's just that your timing is a bit off, is all.

@Justpetro: Well, you know what they say about people starting to look like their pets. Maybe with Sims it's that children start to look like their parents. In actuality, I think it's that adoption pool babies are all standard face templates, as are game-generated townies like Orlando Centowski. Many of the templates don't look significantly different from each other -- and probably especially not if you've default-replaced the more extreme Maxis templates -- and there aren't all that many of them. It's born-in-game Sims that have more varied faces, since they're not just a standard template.

Hahahaha, yes! However, I have adopted quite a number of children (mostly second or third kids - the Centowski kids are then, I suppose, the most remarkable same-generated kids in my game. Cuties, though, hehe Learning a lot from you over here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:15 PM
And no animation for pulling the pants down or skirt up when using the toilet. I am probably the only person who is bugged by this.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
And no animation for pulling the pants down or skirt up when using the toilet. I am probably the only person who is bugged by this.

Nope! You are not alone. This is also why I thought stupid, the fact that they would get all pixelated while using toilet...unless it was to hide the fact that they are ALL doing it IN their pants? rather than trying to hide anything else.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:53 PM
I think the pixelation was to make it seem like they were pulling down their pants because pixelation is easy to do. To do an animation for pants and skirts is probably very hard to impossible because the game would have to know if a sim was wearing trousers or a skirt. Even if the animation was gender linked it would still be wrong for trouser clad females and kilt wearing males. It might have been better for the clothing at that point to become invisible, but even that wouldn't be correct. I think the best thing is to look somewhere else.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#57 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lella27
Sometimes there's incessant barking coming from off the lot. It's most noticeable on fast-forward. Was this introduced with Pets? Is it from AL and indicates that the lot is low-class? Does it only happen with both EPs installed? Does anyone know of a hack to stop it? If it is the lot class thing there's the cheat to change the class, but I like having low-class lots, and I would rather just get rid of this entirely. It gives me a headache.

The barking with no dogs on the lot has always been there. Even in Sims1 long before there were pets. I also found it annoying but don't really notice it anymore.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Page 3 of 3