Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#76 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:26 PM
I have made some community lots for upload but they mostly use all EPs.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#77 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:30 PM
I have a few community lots uploaded here, but haven't built one for some time, maybe some smaller ones are due.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#78 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:42 PM
As a downloader, I have been happy to find city apropriate cimmunity lots, houses and apartments. I don't mind when these have CC that is included and that is important to the build (such as wall covering made to represent a gas station logo). Again, with the clean downloader is used (thank you Mootilda) we can remove what we do not want in our game.

It looks like many of us look for no or minimal CC - and then skip a download if this is not included with the lot itself.

AndrewGloria, the Pets Ep and Open For Business do add community and commercial lots that can be used in any nieghborhood. (Other EPs may also..not sure which). These include a roller skating rink, pet stores, pet parks, H & M clothing stores, a little cafe, gym and a few more.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:39 PM
I am relatively certain that the H&M clothing stores come with the H&M stuff pack.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#80 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I am relatively certain that the H&M clothing stores come with the H&M stuff pack.

You don't say :P
Anyways, I never realized that it woud be so important for downloaders to have confirmation that lots were previously unoccupied, made in a clean hood, etc. I might add that info to each of my lots, I sort of assumed that it would be generally assumed, since its uploaded to MTS.
Undead Molten Llama
#81 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 7:11 PM
Ahhhh, Klaartje, you know what happens when you assume, right: You make an "ass" of "u" and "me." I think it's better to give more detail than less...even though half the time people don't read it because they'll ask you questions about stuff you already put in the description. Not that I can really blame them in my case; i tend to be tl;dr.

In any case, when I download lots, I tend to download community lots more than residential ones, the exception being apartments, which I hate building myself; I find furnishing all of them plus the common area(s) tedious. I like to furnish as I play, and you can't really do that with apartment lots. So, I appreciate everyone who uploads not-huge (because I don't like huge lots) and non-CC-laden apartment buildings.

And I just don't seem to enjoy designing public spaces very much so, when I need a community lot, I'm more likely to download one and, often, customize it a bit to suit my own needs. So yeah, I think more downloadable community lots would be beneficial. I guess the problem is that people most likely play them very differently from each other. But I guess the same is true for residential lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#82 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 7:14 PM
LOL, I never heard of that one Anyways, looks like its time to try my hand at some more low-CC-low-EP community lots, WITH disclaimer :D
Mad Poster
#83 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:15 PM
Yeah..now I feel like uploading my apartment lots JUST for Icad...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#84 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:20 PM
^I would probably love you forever. Words cannot express how much I hate building apartment lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
^I would probably love you forever. Words cannot express how much I hate building apartment lots.

Sounds like you're in luck then! I know I kind of love designing apartments (even when they're not skyscrapers, I promise!), and it looks like there's other people that do too!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#86 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klaartje
You don't say :P
Anyways, I never realized that it woud be so important for downloaders to have confirmation that lots were previously unoccupied, made in a clean hood, etc. I might add that info to each of my lots, I sort of assumed that it would be generally assumed, since its uploaded to MTS.

I use to assume it, but then ran into two lots which said it was previously occupied and then a few more which to me appeared to be depreciated. Starter type lots with furniture that obviously cost quite a lot, and a lot that said it was X amount until placed in the hood and then the price went magically up. That one was really strange. All those lots came from here. Now there may be a genuine method of depreciating lots, I did hear something about a magic wand, but I would want that info on the lot. Such as This lot was depreciated with 'the magic wand/whatever mod it is' which you can find here: 'link'

What type of apartments? I had a row apartment on my LJ. I think after I took all my links down for the big clean up of 2013 I never put any of them back up. I never uploaded that here as there was about 3 wonky floor tiles at the edge of the lot. I could use the lot adjuster on that now and fix it I guess. Or are people more after skyscrapers as I've seen plenty of tall apartments already on here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#87 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:34 PM
When I go to download a lot, I look for four things.

Does it have excessive use of mirrors, reflective flooring, ponds, or pools? They cause my game all sorts of problems.

Does it have a nice-sized yard/garden? A lot of times people shove onto 2x2 lots and forget about a back garden.

Does it use CC? I like downloading low-CC or CC-free lots, but I heavily dislike basegame-only lots as it looks stuffy and old to me.

Do I have to go hunting for CC? I like it when there's only a few commonly used pieces like, say, the Manor House windows or the white-edged roofs.

Lots I always look for are schools, apartments, apartment-zoned rowhomes, and hospitals.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#88 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Sounds like you're in luck then! I know I kind of love designing apartments (even when they're not skyscrapers, I promise!), and it looks like there's other people that do too!

ahahah! we share a passion! lol

Undead Molten Llama
#89 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

Hey, bring 'em on! Not skyscrapers, though. I mean, yours you uploaded recently were lovely, Zara, and I think I'm going to download the Deco-y one. Not to play but more to use as hood deco. Basically, I prefer living spaces that are all on one floor or, at most, two floors. This applies to all residential lots. Otherwise, since my pixels free will for a good chunk of their time when they're not at work/school or tending to their businesses, they tend to get lost easily. I mean, THEY'RE not lost, obviously, but I lose track of them. Now that I can play in a really big window thanks to my really big monitor, I can keep them all in view at once, and it's awesome. But I can't do that if they're spread out over three or four floors. I'm OK with apartments that have apartments on more than two floors, so long as the individual apartments don't span more than two floors. Preferably one.

In any case, I'm glad there are people who like designing them. Actually, I don't really mind designing them, structurally, so much as I don't like the necessity of fully furnishing them from the get-go. That's what gets my goat. What I'd really like is more low-rent places. Even sort of scuzzy. Not necessarily "grungy" in the way that most people think of it but just really basic and utilitarian albeit "clean." Like, I love Jo's hostel and use it often, usually multiple copies of it on a block so that it's like project housing. I love playing pixels that have to really watch their pennies and who never have a good amount of cash on hand and who just have the custom NPC careers that pay squat, so they live paycheck-to-paycheck, so to speak. Often, the usual apartment buildings up for download, with rents of $1000 or more a week are just out of those Sims' budgets. On the other hand, I don't want them to live in filth and squalor. People who don't have a lot of money aren't necessarily "trashy" in the stereotypical sense. They're just frugal, out of necessity, making do with the basics in most areas so that they can have a few luxuries that are important to them..

So there's a challenge for you: Nice(ish) but cheap apartments, with enough room to raise a kid or two, even if the kids don't get an actual bedroom.

Mad Poster
#90 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:43 AM
Getting mine under a 1000$ limit will be difficult, a bit. I tend to make pretty small apartments, but I think about "family"..and so they are built on med to large lot sometimes, with playground equipments. All have their little piece of garden, or community gardens & fruit trees. (let the landlord be a plant)
I have a favorite one I really enjoyed playing. I'll go see if it is worth..and how much does it cost to live there..
No CC in my lots, besides my own. Should be fine.

Page 4 of 4