Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:53 PM
Default This gets on my nerves...
There are some things there will never be a mod/hack to fix. One such thing that drives me nuts is scholarships. I do not want to take the time to review them or ask for them or click the popup for them but I still want them. I wish the sim just got a scholarship as they walked out the door and it was not a phone/pc option.

Other thing that always gets on my nerves is slowing down of game for this or that. Work - slow Bus - slow. Pet job - slow. I don't want or need this auto slow down.

Anything bother you that will never be modded or fixed?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 5:09 PM
The noise the toddlers make when they want something, that little "lalu...lalu... LALU!" makes me HOMICIDAL. I always just play on mute when there's a toddler on the lot. There are lots of excellent mods to make raising toddlers easier, but some of it ain't going away
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 5:59 PM
The first born glitch. I know about going into CAS & rolling the die, but it's a pain in the ass. Especially because I'm playing a family right now that's having as many kids as possible and because I only end up playing them about 4 days at a time, they have a baby each time I play which means inevitably I need to do this each time I play. Argh.

Also the modular stairs post-M&G which is (as far as I know) the last thing EAxis broke, thank you very much, before ditching us for good for TS3. I don't want to have to turn moveobjects on each time to place these stairs, argh.

There are probably more. I've found mods to fix or adjust most everything else that annoys me but those are the only two in particular I can think of right now.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:51 PM
I am getting SO very annoyed, that I might try myself at modding these..

1- When a sim lounge on the couch, he cannot watch TV at the same time..WHY?!?
2-When 2 sims are cuddling on that same couch, the one lounging goes away..NO! sorry, I meant, they cannot watch TV either!

3-When you "take for a walk" you pet, you can only bring one...what if the other one also needs to pee badly??

4-You can select all the pets & sims on your lot to come along with you, when you.."Go Hiking" But your pets won't pee, no.
They will wait until they are back from hiking, and pee on your floor.

5-The front porch is considered "outside", by the way. Stupid Dogs.

For now, this is it. But there is way more.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
the modular stairs post-M&G which is (as far as I know) the last thing EAxis broke
Wait... are you saying that by installing M&G, I'd need to enter moveobjects every time I'd want to place modular stairs?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:15 PM
Only if you want to place them next to a wall. They'll place fine as long as they are one tile away from a wall. Otherwise, moveobjects is needed.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:03 PM
Vehicles (carpools and personal) driving straight as they fade away once they leave a lot, even if going straight means flying off a cliff or crashing through someone's garden and into their living room. Auto and homeowners insurance rates in SimNation must be astronomical!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:07 PM
Forgot to mention, not ALL school aged sims gets in the school bus in the morning, when playing an apartment lot. It should be easy to fix.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
I thought the bat box did the same thing?

Edit: That said, it's still a hassle, whichever way you choose to randomise the sim generator.

Yes. A hassle either way. If I know a baby's about to be born to the same couple, I'll load up CAS and do it myself before entering the household.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

I thought my sims can do this... Maybe I'm smoking crack??

Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
Only if you want to place them next to a wall. They'll place fine as long as they are one tile away from a wall. Otherwise, moveobjects is needed.

I actually did not know that! All I know is that every time I place them they won't place. I guess I'm always placing them next to a wall. Huh! (And thanks, I'll try that out next time.)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 3:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine

I thought my sims can do this... Maybe I'm smoking crack??

If you send your sim to lounge, and then click on tv and select "watch", your sim will first sit, and then use the remote and turn tv on.
If your sim is already sitting and watching tv and you ask him to lounge..he will turn the tv off first, and then lounge.
If this is not like that in your game, I wanna know who's your pusher.

Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:10 AM
Hmm, my Sims can watch TV while lounging perfectly fine. I have them lounge first then click on the TV and the option to "Watch TV" or "Watch movie" is there, with the little radio button filled in in white. When I click that option, they lounge and watch. Same thing when they'r relaxing on a bed. But no, they won't cuddle and watch, which kind of sucks.

Me, I wish the matchmaker hadn't been broken by...I forget which EP broke her, actually. One of the later ones. I want to say Freetime, but I'm not certain. Anyway, it sort of sucks that when she shows up on a community lot, the only option is to dismiss her. :\ Pretty much everything else that really annoys me has been fixed by various modders.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 7:43 AM Last edited by White Queen : 12th Mar 2014 at 7:58 AM.
It gets on my nerves when children stop everything they do and cancel all their actions in order to greet the parent who has just come back from work. It is sweet, I agree, but not EVERY single day!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 11:32 AM
1. Sims relaxing in bed can turn the TV on, but have to get up to turn it off. If you turned the TV on, then you must have the remote control to turn it off again! It puts me off putting a TV in the same room as a bed.

The first born glitch. I know about going into CAS & rolling the die, but it's a pain in the ass. Especially because I'm playing a family right now that's having as many kids as possible and because I only end up playing them about 4 days at a time, they have a baby each time I play which means inevitably I need to do this each time I play. Argh.
2. I agree! In my game births are very rare, and I'm afraid that I forget to randomise before the birth. Because births are rare, new children are really special, and I really don't want the new baby to be an exact clone of an older brother or sister. Moreover I intuitively feel that the genetics of the child ought to be determined at conception, so it seems odd to me to change them just before the birth.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 1:59 PM
I never had that first born syndrome. I am really wondering what the heck are you guys doing? lol.
It's been discussed about so much...Yet, unless I made it happened, I never had identical kids.
But MY sims cannot lounge and watch tv so..who knows, I might be the weird one.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 2:13 PM
It's always annoyed me that you can't have half-landing stairs next to walls without cheats.

Bugged me even more that it still wasn't an option in Sims 3.

Oh and my Sims can also lounge and watch tv.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I never had that first born syndrome. I am really wondering what the heck are you guys doing? lol.
It's been discussed about so much...Yet, unless I made it happened, I never had identical kids.
But MY sims cannot lounge and watch tv so..who knows, I might be the weird one.

First born syndrome. Basically, it happens if you let a couple have a kid, exit the game, come back to the same couple and let them have a second child. That second child will be a clone of the first. If you continue the play session through the new birth or if someone else in the game has a child (or if you follow the CAS-rolling rules), it won't happen.

And the clone can be a different gender, which blew my mind when it happened in my game. The first child of my fifth generation alphabetacy heir and his wife was a baby girl with interesting genetics (yellow skin of her dad, a secondary red-hair gene from dad & brown-eyes from dad). Their second child, a boy, came out looking exactly the same. I thought nothing of it until he aged to toddler and I saw he had the same personality as his sister. Argh. I made sure I rolled the dice for the next two kids.
Here are all four of them together.

And I checked and my sims do lounge and watch TV so yay, I'm not a crack smoker!

Quote: Originally posted by White Queen
It gets on my nerves on children stop everything they do and cancel all their actions in order to greet the parent who has just come back from work. It is sweet, I agree, but not EVERY single day!

Use the hugging hack found here. The action will still queue up but it won't stomp out everything else. I use it and I've noticed if I don't X out the action and the other sim is busy it won't happen. But it's much better than EAxis' way.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:44 AM
Ok..so someone disagree about me saying I never had the first born syndrome?
So..anyone else sees what's happening in here? woah! I thought I was playing alone! duh. lol
I never had this, I think I'd know.
You people are silly....

Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 3:43 AM
You're not alone, I've never experienced it either, and I've definitely been in situations where it should've happened...
Undead Molten Llama
#19 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 4:27 AM
With first-born syndrome, I believe the issue is not that the siblings look identical in appearance but rather that they have identical personalities. This is where I notice it, at least. As in, when load up my game and a baby is born, unless I remember to randomize, the first baby born in a play session will always have the same sign and One True Hobby. I've noticed that the sign the "first born" gets varies by game install, however. In my current one, they're all born Sagittarius. They can have small differences in personality point distribution here and there, but they're all Sagittarius. So, it may not be noticeable -- and you might think it's expected to have children in the same family with the same sign -- but I'm pretty sure it happens in everyone's game. People more knowledgeable than I have looked at the code and its math and see why it happens and it can't be modded out because it's hard-coded. It can be circumvented by randomizing via going into CAS or using the batbox, but it can't be altered.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
With first-born syndrome, I believe the issue is not that the siblings look identical in appearance but rather that they have identical personalities. ... So, it may not be noticeable -- and you might think it's expected to have children in the same family with the same sign -- but I'm pretty sure it happens in everyone's game. People more knowledgeable than I have looked at the code and its math and see why it happens and it can't be modded out because it's hard-coded. It can be circumvented by randomizing via going into CAS or using the batbox, but it can't be altered.

I've seen what you're talking about in my game and it absolutely has to do with the coding. I remember people looking at it and saying that the game assigns personality points by starting at the top of the list (neat-messy) and dropping in points for each trait on its way downwards. However, if it's used up too many points when it gets towards the bottom then it's got nothing left for the final personality factors...which is why at least 50% (probably more) of the sims born in my game (and there are many) have this personality:

Neat 8-10
Outgoing 8-10
Active 8-10
Serious 1-3
Nice 1 (It's always 1 because the game gets to Serious-Playful and goes, 'Uh-oh, I need to save one point for the last trait, heh'. Stupid game. )

And with that personality they all have sports as their OTH. Ugh.

I do have the 'true' first-born syndrome in my game, however, where the skin/hair/eye colors and personality are all exact matches. I once had a family whose eldest three sons were all exact clones of each other. I just dressed them in the same outfit (different colors), gave them the same hairstyle and called them the Triplets. They were pretty creepy.

And to those of you who don't experience the first-born syndrome, I say, 'You lucky bastards!'

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Another thing that gets on my nerves: Sim1 & Sim2 are dating/married/engaged/inlove/whatever. Sim3 comes up and flirts with Sim2 in front of Sim1. Sim2 REJECTS the flirt but Sim1 still gets upset and slaps Sim2 upside the head. YOU IDIOT! S/HE REJECTED THE FLIRT. UGH. If anything you should be pissed off at Sim3. Morons.
Theorist
#21 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by White Queen
It gets on my nerves on children stop everything they do and cancel all their actions in order to greet the parent who has just come back from work. It is sweet, I agree, but not EVERY single day!

This is a hack floating around to fix it. I forgot how it's called.
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:36 AM
I hate the female elder voice, especially when they're complaining. There's one thing they say, it sounds like "Modecay.....Lenny!" and it just goes through me.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
I hate the female elder voice, especially when they're complaining. There's one thing they say, it sounds like "Modecay.....Lenny!" and it just goes through me.

lolol
The one voice I can't stand, is the teen female..sounds like a little brat too much, and when they garden and start singing " Anoush Keepooh.." I feel like slapping them.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:42 AM
And to those of you who don't experience the first-born syndrome, I say, 'You lucky bastards!'

Nothing to do with luck, we make sure to either roll the dice or Bat Box. If you play-have a baby-save and exit-play-have a baby, you are guaranteed first born effect because your game is reusing the same parameters. if you go into CAS and roll or use the Bat Box before leaving it sets it up so the game will roll new parameters for each birth. Because my houses load soo slowly if I go from hood to house I always go to CAS roll then load a house. It does the parameters for the whole hood so you only need to do it once.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:50 AM
This is probably what I should have said instead of asking you guys, what the heck you were doing to get that first born thing
Asking you HOW you play your families. I do not play "by turn" This might be why many have this..they play X sim days here, then X sim days there etc...
I just play with one family usually a long while, and never leave them until their baby is born if they are expecting. So I always play them from conception to birth. I will often get tired of a particular family when they reach 2 or 3 kids..lol
Then I'll go create more, so will roll CAS alot.

Page 1 of 3