Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:13 PM
Default What are you doing in my hot tub!
I have hot tub somewhere deep in the back yard for parties to go well. I put kids to bed but I hear someone is talking talking talking. Where are they? Ahh! Some strangers in my hot tub. Now I have to get out of bed and tell them to leave. They are out there in the rain. Don't they know they will get struck by lightning?

So how about you? Do you have strangers show up at your house and use your exercise equipment or go through your frig and eat all your chips? Is there some one you do not know in the yard playing with your children? Strangers in your pool?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:52 PM
Not at all, never...I need to greet sims before they can really interact with stuff on the lot. Besides newspapers of course...
Which is still rather rude. How often would you pass by somebody's house, grab their paper and read it? lol I even wait until I get home, to throw my wrappers or whatever, in my own garbage can, instead of just using any neighbor's one passing by them. (though i admit, I did this a few times, at night..when no one could see me, I am such a mischievous one..)
I do not use hot tubs much. I do not like them, it seems. I would not get one in RL either.
But I thought Laurent & Maryse deserved one, and I got them the aspiration reward one. Their back yard being fenced, with 2 locked gates..there is not much chances this would happen either.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:04 PM
I used to be so annoyed with this. All of my houses would have their backyards fenced in and doors locked. I used to send sims that came home with my sims from work or school home right away depending on who they were. Now I almost like having the strangers intruding my lots, because it's what sims do, not humans. Also since my neighborhood is growing it's usually one of my playables on the lot. The only doors I tend to lock are for apartments and dorms. Fencing tends to be more for decoration than keeping things out. Although there's always an exception in my game for these types of things.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:55 PM
Sims can be rude they think every home lot, even if they do not live there belong to them only, the hot tub, pool, tv and please do not put a plate of food on the table they will have that to.
I learn a long time ago to just "Lock the door and gate" to allow family members only. Now if my Sims invite them over because they are close friends it do not bother me for that Sims to have a little bit of a free range.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 7:22 PM
I've had strangers, yes, STRANGERS! They have no relations to the sims in the household whatsoever! These people just barge into my sims home to interact with the household members/use objects around.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 7:43 PM
LaurellKH, did you use the "greet everyone" interaction? If yes, then the strangers could entered the lot just in the right moment and headed right to the hot tub. And why didn't they leave after your sim/s gone to bed? My visitors do that; but maybe because of a mod.

And yes, because of the "greet everyone" interaction I had some unexpected visitors, but didn't mind them unless they were really annoying ones. Well, the batbox takes care of that. *zap* :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:01 PM
Ten outgoing points? They have a tendency to just invite themselves in.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#8 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:00 AM
I always ignored townies, so finding them in my lot was always annoying. Once I found a teen in the hot tub after seeing her passing by earlier in the day. There were no teens in the house, no one had been greeted and just a nanny was there during the day until parents came home. Later, I always had fences across the front on both sides, gates and doors locked. At University, my dorms were totally fenced in so the only one that got in I believe was a streaker, not sure. Also had the Cowhead trophy outside the locked gate, great for sims to laugh at the cow mascots actions. Locking sims private dorm house doors kept out the professor not sure about the coach. The last coach that intruded got his fitness saved to fat. Either he never came back or I had a mod to keep him out, not sure which. Now I just keep townies banned from residential and community lots which allows my playables to do the walkbys or use the community lots.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:49 AM
This only happens to me occasionally, not nearly often enough to be annoying. And when ten-outgoing-point sims let themselves in, they're almost always playables and I'm happy to see them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 1:57 AM
Well, if they're in the hot tub and a lightning storm comes in, then I don't really need to care about them. I'll just send my Sims to bed and let Mother Nature do the rest.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:01 AM
Although there are no hot tubs, in my commune island hood the sims there are in each others houses all the time. There are no townies and only 4 families and they invite themselves in, care for each others kids, use each others bath tub and can even be found asleep in their beds at times. Everyone there is a BFF.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:40 AM
I think that the problem is that the 'should I go home' code doesn't run until you finish an activity. e.g. I've had kids stay past 6pm because they were playing chess with someone and adult sims have noone to come and get them if they stay late, which I think breaks the activity (although it would be hilarious if the husband/wife showed up if they stayed too late and dragged them home).

The hot tub (and sometimes the bubble blower) is something that just seems to be so much fun that sims never get tired of being in it, so unless they're about to pass out from overheating (which can take a really long time) or struck by lightning then they just sit in there forever. Going out and telling them 'goodbye' will make them get out, but that's a PITA sometimes, so often I just let my sims go to bed and ignore them lol.
#13 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:13 AM
One of my families has a room with a sauna and hot tub in their house. Once I invited a few Sims over, one Sim disappeared and I thought he left, but the next morning I found him in the sauna. And once he got out, did he leave? Nope - he got in the hot tub instead. In fact, he didn't leave until I said goodbye to him. :P
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 10:39 AM
My townies really love the instruments from UNI, as soon as I greet them they run to the music room and start playing the guitar for tips.

Occasionally, I've had a couple slapdancing with my playables.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:43 PM
My "economically challenged" sims sometimes lock thier doors to allow household only to keep visitors and drop ins from inviting themselves to a meal (etc.). Sims who are not very friendly or are very private will lock doors and gates. I find it interesting when good friends or family pop in to visit; never know what that will lead to! (Some grouchy or downright mean Sims can also be quite outgoing and sociable!).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheran
LaurellKH, did you use the "greet everyone" interaction? If yes, then the strangers could entered the lot just in the right moment and headed right to the hot tub. And why didn't they leave after your sim/s gone to bed? My visitors do that; but maybe because of a mod.

And yes, because of the "greet everyone" interaction I had some unexpected visitors, but didn't mind them unless they were really annoying ones. Well, the batbox takes care of that. *zap* :D

No great everyone. My sims throw parties so everyone very chummy. Chummy chummy chummy. That is a funny word.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 8:43 PM
I've noticed mostly with apartments that people can sometimes invite themselves in. Especially when I had a mod downloaded that made female sims have their period. Random female townies would walk into my house throughout the day to change their tampon.