Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:38 AM
Default the worst games you ever played
here you post the worst games you ever played
the worst is big rigs
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 7:57 PM
I've never played Big Rigs, but from what I've read it sounds like it sucks so bad it might be good to play as a cheap thrill, for maybe 5 minutes or so at least...

Some pretty bad games:
I was into Star Trek games for awhile. And while I enjoyed them, a lot of them were of, how should I put it, substandard in terms of quality.

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation was a decent 4x game (you played as one power and tried to ally with or exterminate everyone else). But it had an awful memory leak; you had to quit the game every 100 turns or so and reboot your computer because otherwise it would be slow as molasses.

Star Trek: Starship Creator was basically playing 'Starship Technical Manual'. With that in mind, it was pretty nice - you got to basically build and customize Starships. However, the missions you had to take on to raise funds to build cooler starships were dull as molasses, required you to do very little, and generally took a long time to complete.
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:28 AM
super man 64 for n64 was also very very bad
#4 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:31 AM
Glover. Ugh. I couldn't even finish the first level on that stupid game.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#5 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:58 AM
Resident Evil: Survivor...I don't particularly remember it, because I played it when I still had my PS1, but I know I didn't like it. Oh, and Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. So boring. That's really all I can think of right now. I must have good taste in games. :p

(By the way, Derange, I love your avatar!)
#6 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:23 AM
The worst game I have played was an online game. I got a trial key for Star wars galaxies, lets just say I will never be playing that game again.

I know there were other games I have played that sucked but I can't think of them right now.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:25 AM
Well it certainly is not evidenced by your slamming of Morrowind (Gamerankings average score of 89%). Such a very fine game and oh so much better than that pretender to the throne Oblivion.

*kicks Oblivion*

I've played a lot of bad games in my time. One of the lesser joys of being a games reviewer by trade is that you don't get to pick your reviews, they pick you.

Two games that stand out in my head are:

Dragon's Lair 3 - Absolute tripe. While gameplay content is hardly a feature of the Dragon's Lair series the games do survive thanks to an element of laser disc nostalgia and the fact the visuals were so stunning (thanks to Don Bluth at the animation helm). Dragons Lair 3 simply used extremely low resolution video of Dragon's Lair 3D and shoe horns it into the Simon Says gameplay of the original games. An absolute travesty.

Konung 2: A game where you start off so incredibly weak that the first 3 hours of gameplay are spent avoiding battles instead of engaging in them? NO THANKS!

Of course normal people would probably have avoided these games as soon as they saw them on a store shelf but me... I had to play the bastards... for a VERY long time.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:10 AM
While there are quite a few games I dislike, I honestly can't think of the "worse" game I've ever played--I tend to avoid really bad games.

Hmmm....maybe SimEarth?

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Theorist
#9 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
Synthesis, you would get a second from me for SimEarth...I would also suggest SimTower too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by davious
Synthesis, you would get a second from me for SimEarth...I would also suggest SimTower too...

Nah.....not SimTower. It was a difficult game at times, yes, but it wasn't bad. At least, not to the caliber of SimEarth.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#11 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:05 PM
Oh yeah, SimEarth is on my list, too.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#12 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:35 PM
what exactly is SimEarth? I've never even heard about it
#13 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:39 AM
SimEarth is up there with the worst games for sure, but I am going to add to the list of "worst games ever" with Lemmings....."jmo"
#14 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 1:14 AM
Scholar
#15 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:40 AM
Is simearth the one where you make your own animals? And then it thing falls into itself for no reason?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:50 AM
I didn't like SimAnt, I think thats what it was called. I played it once, years ago at my friends house and it was the most boring 15 minutes of my life. LOL. Maybe thats an exaggeration, but still. I didn't like it.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 5:09 AM
I really liked Sim Ant but you ended up finishing it very quickly and then never touching it.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:31 PM
oh sim city 4000 i had like 4 times the system requirements get it was still slow even on my new pc! and it was boring!
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
oh sim city 4000 i had like 4 times the system requirements get it was still slow even on my new pc! and it was boring!

Same problem here...the trick is you have to turn off all the traffic sprites (and then, performance shoots way up, even on big cities).

I spent 2 to 3 years playing SimCity 4, and wondering why it was so damn slow. Honestly, who cares if you can't see cars? It's a city-building simulator...

Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:20 AM
Red Cat. I always got killed by those rats in the first level >__>
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
Same problem here...the trick is you have to turn off all the traffic sprites (and then, performance shoots way up, even on big cities).

I spent 2 to 3 years playing SimCity 4, and wondering why it was so damn slow. Honestly, who cares if you can't see cars? It's a city-building simulator...

With the update that came with Rush Hour, it's much faster, believe me
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:11 PM
well shopping center tycoon was bad, and so was hotel tycoon (i only know of 1 tycoon game that doesn't completely suck)
Scholar
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
With the update that came with Rush Hour, it's much faster, believe me

I bought the compilation pack, but I found there's a lot of slowdown if you turn one of the sprites setting up...not sure which one (you can leave building details all the way up though, and that has little effect).

Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong

i don't know simcity 4000 but i hated sim city 3000, i didn't even know how to play it. I tried to play it once or twice then i uninstalled it
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punkd20
i don't know simcity 4000 but i hated sim city 3000, i didn't even know how to play it. I tried to play it once or twice then i uninstalled it

I think this is more along the lines of "truly awful games", not just games people disliked.

I mean, I quickly grew to hate Metal Gear Solid 3 (and traded it in rather than finish it), but I recognize it's a good game that was very popular. Same for SimCity 3K.

That's why I had trouble thinking of "the worst games"--I've played lots of games I've disliked, but most of those were good games nonetheless.

Page 1 of 5