Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fe2o3
My last sim has 3 cats and 1 dog tho, so there is that.

Have you ever fulfilled the raise 20 puppies/kittens LTW?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 6:52 AM
Is there an abortion mod too tho? If there is an option to have unwanted pregnancies and babies, there should probably also be an option to get rid of them hah. Tho, I guess it's nice if you are playing a medieval age household like the other post said, the poor guys didn't have the technology back then either hah. Very in-character.

Don't think there's one specifically, but InSim/Sim Blender/Sim Manipulator can all terminate pregnancies, and ACR has a morning-after pill. I wouldn't mind seeing a drinkable potion for it though, and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#78 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:19 PM
Re - walk to lot - I don't see why it should drain energy, walking actually raises energy (except if you are unfit and try to walk 100 miles or something) - while waiting for a taxi can be very frustrating (especially if the taxi is late, which is like ALWAYS in my country). Walking should actually raise the mood from green to gold!

In the vanilla game, fulfilling most aspirations are quite hard - although they can all be done.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Well, it does seem as if you started a thread to discuss ways to make the game more challenging, but when presented with tips and/or various mod suggestions, you became dismissive about the effectiveness of attempting to alter the game to such a degree.

So, guess it sort of strikes me as weird that you wanted to hear what other players do to make things more challenging, and yet seem to disagree that major gameplay changes can really be achieved through modding.

TBH, I didn't know the discussion would be this popular, I was expecting 5 comments max and I planned to keep looking up stuff and updating the list at my own pace in my free time for my own needs. That's awesome everyone added his 2 cents so quickly and the list definitely grew a lot bigger than what I had in mind, the drawback is that everyone also has his own expectations and views and stuff and maybe I wasn't prepared to deal with all that hah.

So I'd like to thank the girl who eats french giraffes and all other simmers for contributing, it definitely helped a lot.
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Re - walk to lot - I don't see why it should drain energy, walking actually raises energy (except if you are unfit and try to walk 100 miles or something) - while waiting for a taxi can be very frustrating (especially if the taxi is late, which is like ALWAYS in my country). Walking should actually raise the mood from green to gold!

In the vanilla game, fulfilling most aspirations are quite hard - although they can all be done.

I don't know, the thing is that you can literally walk to a lot located in another subhood, and there are no cons in the game, and taxis seem a bit useless when you can walk everywhere. I know this wouldn't make sense in the real world, but a lot of things in The Sims don't make sense :P
Alchemist
#81 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:35 AM
@tarusama, I get it. After BV, my sims used to walk everywhere and I didn't have a use for cars or taxis any more. But, in trying to make my game more challenging, I took inspiration from some challenges and set up my own limitations. One of those was the Middle of Nowhere handicap in the Legacy Challenge and going off that, now when I play, all households have to have a car. My sims aren't allowed to walk to another subhood, etc. I try to make sure they drive or take a taxi everywhere and I use dickhurt's mods to make sure doing so costs money. Sims are only allowed to walk in university hoods and vacation hoods, or occasionally, within the map they currently live in. (So for example, I might let the Brokes walk to Pleasantview stores, but the Pleasants or the Goths would have to drive because they're farther away. Or I'll decide everyone in Bluewater can walk within Bluewater, but if they want to visit downtown or Pleasantview proper, they have to drive, etc., etc.) For walking it makes more sense to me to use handicaps like that, rather than draining energy, but again, everyone's play style is different.

Anywho, I found another mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=497924. Win, Lose, or Draw by Sims99Fanatic lets you increase (or decrease) the chance of the burglar winning the fight with the cop.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#82 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
...I'd like to thank the girl who eats french giraffes...

lol!!!! You are so welcome...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#83 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 2:25 AM
WRT needs, there is a mod somewhere - Chris Hatch perhaps? I can't remember - which slows down time in-game so that sims take half as long to do anything. This means that they get hungry more - often enough to actually eat three meals a day IME (and thanks to the slowed time, they don't take 2 hours to cook and eat it!)

I really enjoyed the mod but had to take it out in the end because I couldn't find anything to adjust their energy decay. I didn't like that they were awake after only sleeping half the night and that they all wanted to nap in the day. If that was possible to fix, then I might look at putting that mod back in. I liked everything else about how it worked!

It's funny about rebuying the fridge. I never really thought about doing that I make them go to the shop or call for a delivery and wait, even if my sims are completely starving to death.

Likewise, I have my own play rules about "Walk to lot". I only let them walk to lots in the same subhood. If they want to go further away they need to take a taxi or drive their own car.

Lastly, sorry it was a few pages ago now, but who was talking about the fire mod they abandoned because they couldn't get it to differentiate between walls and doors? Because I'd LOVE a mod which let fire burn directly through walls! It would give me an excellent excuse to use those destroyed/burned building windows in real gameplay.

Thank you for the genie lamp link! I will definitely use that.

Someone was asking about aspiration costs - Cyjon made one where each aspiration item is free to buy but costs aspiration points when used. That could presumably be made more expensive, which would avoid the 32k problem.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 2:59 AM
Just be careful, it clashes with community lot time and will bork lot time passing/aging and needs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#85 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:24 AM
Chris Hatch's 'half speed' hack does not play well with CLT, and you do need to keep an eye out on the pixels-which is why I have several anti-decay hacks in the downloads-but the real bonus of having that mod is that you can take your time playing the lot, because time passes as real life time does. (PS-using the aspiration bonus points that come with setting a secondary aspiration does slow down motive decay.. )

It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't live without it-it's been out for years, and I've had it that long, since about 2 seconds after I discovered it. I wouldn't know what the ordinary game speed feels like anymore. Haven't played it that way in years.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#86 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
Tempted to give that a go. I would very much like if my Sims actually had to eat three times a day, and I like the idea of being able to do more in one day. On what way does it mess with aging Jo?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:12 AM
Well I should have tried it out well in a test hood, but unfortunately I didn't. It borks any lot that you load and the effect does not revert on the mods being pulled. the sims living on the lot stop aging, they take a very long time to do things such as cooking and showering and also their need bars hardly move. Moving the sims out does not fix it the lot, although it does fix the sims, it's tied to the lot. Only bulldozing the lot and replacing fixed the issues. Lucky I did have those two particular buildings saved although I had to do a lot of redecorating. On the CLT side it borked the returning hour timer and they stayed away double or triple the given amount of time they should have.

So yes do not use Chris Hatches slow time mod while using Community Lot Time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@tarusama, I get it. After BV, my sims used to walk everywhere and I didn't have a use for cars or taxis any more. But, in trying to make my game more challenging, I took inspiration from some challenges and set up my own limitations. One of those was the Middle of Nowhere handicap in the Legacy Challenge and going off that, now when I play, all households have to have a car. My sims aren't allowed to walk to another subhood, etc. I try to make sure they drive or take a taxi everywhere and I use dickhurt's mods to make sure doing so costs money. Sims are only allowed to walk in university hoods and vacation hoods, or occasionally, within the map they currently live in. (So for example, I might let the Brokes walk to Pleasantview stores, but the Pleasants or the Goths would have to drive because they're farther away. Or I'll decide everyone in Bluewater can walk within Bluewater, but if they want to visit downtown or Pleasantview proper, they have to drive, etc., etc.) For walking it makes more sense to me to use handicaps like that, rather than draining energy, but again, everyone's play style is different.

Anywho, I found another mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=497924. Win, Lose, or Draw by Sims99Fanatic lets you increase (or decrease) the chance of the burglar winning the fight with the cop.

Sure, in the end I can just pretend they lose some energy, or make sure they don't always use a car.
With a mod, I'd be less tempted to cheat but is not a big deal. Anyways, thank you for your replies!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#89 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Have you ever fulfilled the raise 20 puppies/kittens LTW?

I don't believe I have. It's possible a sim had it, but if he did, I didn't play with that sim long enough to remember.

I haven't really played since I started this discussion tbh. I'm reluctant to play until I find a mod that affects sims needs and/or mood and consequently makes sims less happy all the time, the last sim I spent some time with was sleeping on the grass and living in a dark room with no floor/wallpaper/windows/lights, and she was cool with that. zzzzz.
Scholar
#90 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 2:10 AM
Full medieval houses, furnitures and stuff? That's funny.

@fe2o3 Yup. It isn't easy to set up, but once you do, it's soooo much fun.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#91 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
@fe2o3 Yup. It isn't easy to set up, but once you do, it's soooo much fun.

Many of us have medieval games. Making a new folder is the easiest since the defaults don't bother the modern folder.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#92 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:41 PM
Perhaps you should tackle learning to make the mods you want yourself. Only way to be sure to get them And if you become a creator, you'll end up with a to-do list so long that you'll appreciate the time you manage to play without ending up closing it to create something that you just have to have before you can continue.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#93 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Perhaps you should tackle learning to make the mods you want yourself. Only way to be sure to get them And if you become a creator, you'll end up with a to-do list so long that you'll appreciate the time you manage to play without ending up closing it to create something that you just have to have before you can continue.

I considered that and looked up some stuff but I don't really have the time nor the motivation, and while I've done dirt cheap "mods" (I wouldn't even call that mods tbh) for some other games before, that seems more complicated this time around and is probably above my skills set.

About the no20khandout, there is no way to activate that mod retroactively right? I had a family in the bin that I wanted to play but it has a bit over 20K already. Cheats might be the way to go.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:05 PM
I considered that and looked up some stuff but I don't really have the time nor the motivation, and while I've done dirt cheap "mods" (I wouldn't even call that mods tbh) for some other games before, that seems more complicated this time around and is probably above my skills set.

About the no20khandout, there is no way to activate that mod retroactively right? I had a family in the bin that I wanted to play but it has a bit over 20K already. Cheats might be the way to go.

familyFunds FamilyName 0

familyFunds "Family Name" 0 (if they have a space in their name)

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if there's multiple households with the same name (like in Veronaville). In that case SimPE is probably the better way to go.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#95 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
familyFunds FamilyName 0

familyFunds "Family Name" 0 (if they have a space in their name)

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if there's multiple households with the same name (like in Veronaville). In that case SimPE is probably the better way to go.

Heyya, that's what I did yeah, there is a whole page about money cheats on the wiki. I played a bit btw, it's possible I went a bit overboard with all the money mods and cheats, my sim is broke af, living in an apartment with a roommate, I had to sleep on the sofa for a couple days before my cats ripped it off to pieces haha. Gonna sleep on the floor until I can afford a bed I guess. Also my cats are making more money than my sim, awkward.

Anyway, I have some bad news @

Quote: Originally posted by simmodder

Edit: In the short term, here's something I made earlier you might like to add to your collection, it makes the fun bar drop when sims are studying from the bookcase. It doesn't make sense to me that a sim can sit studying all day and not get bored, and changing this also adds to the challenge. The strength on the effect is based on enthusiasm, full details are in the zip file:

Simmodders Studying Is Not Fun

The mod breaks studying all life skills (Parenting, Fire Prevention, Lifelong Happiness, Physiology, Couple Counseling), the sim goes to the bookcase, takes the book, sits, then some anomaly, stands up, the book disappears and it's as if nothing happened.
Test Subject
#96 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Steffyn
For a homeless challenge you might also want
Sponge bath anywhere -which I thought was by Squinge but I can't find it. I can upload that if someone doesn't have a link.
The Homeless career by Calista -although this is extreamly difficult and only for seasoned players. I was a tester on this and have it on my Box.

I have this page book marked for downloads. it has a sponge bath if anyone is still looking for it
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ms2_Washing.htm
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:14 AM
Anyway, I have some bad news @

The mod breaks studying all life skills (Parenting, Fire Prevention, Lifelong Happiness, Physiology, Couple Counseling), the sim goes to the bookcase, takes the book, sits, then some anomaly, stands up, the book disappears and it's as if nothing happened.

Oh no, it might not be compatible with Apartment Life and above, I should have mentioned that my highest EP is Freetime so I can't test for those configurations
Mad Poster
#98 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:52 AM
Quote:

@gummi-I'd love to be able to read an established mod and be able to take it apart to make a new one-but reading the flow charts from them confuses my brain.

How do you read an action flow chart to make sense? That's one I've never been able to figure out.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#99 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:58 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by flow chart. Could you elaborate for me?

Mad Poster
#100 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 12:11 PM
Ok-in most mods, there is a flow chart of actions that has to be used in SimPE to make it work properly-using the "True/False" equations. For example, the mod I'm referring to is the "Find Co-workers" phone book: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=598063

Breaking it apart in SimPE, you will find that there is a flow chart for the actions that it uses to make it work. I can't figure out what/how to change it. Hell, I can't even understand it!
Because I was thinking that perhaps if I could make it into a "Find a fellow hobbyists" phone book, using the preset game hobby settings for pixels, it would be a good idea.

Warning-I'm not very experienced at working SimPE-I can do simple text changes, but not a lot more than that. Do you clone the object, replace the object, or what?

That's why I have always appreciated the work modders do to change things like this...really.

Page 4 of 5