Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 1279 (Who?), Viewed: 63498 times.
Page 52 of 52
Alchemist
#1276 Old Yesterday at 9:35 PM
Had my first proper day at uni today. I have to admit it's less stressful than it was when I went last Wednesday, but that's mostly because I had stayed at my boyfriends house, which is a bus ride and a train ride away from Bangor. Which meant getting out of the house by 6:50 to get there for 10.

It wasn't so bad. I cried when I arrived because I was so overwhelmed and sleep deprived. I worked 28 hours over the weekend, and both nights had anxiety dreams that woke me up and made it hard to get back to sleep. I found my classes with ease though, so I guess it could be worse. I kind of which I was living in Bangor though, because while the 30 mins drive isn't so bad, on days when I can't get a lift to uni, I'm going to have to take the train on my own and I'm so anxious about uni, let alone getting to/from there on my own, especially on days when I'm working at 2:30.

Anyway, I made a friend so that was good. The old me would just sit quietly somewhere before a lecture starts, but the new me actually walked upto another girl looking just as lost and said hi. My confidence has never been higher since I met my boyfriend. I think that's a good thing, for the first time in so long I don't feel ugly, fat and embarrassing. But I'm also really happy that he's going to take me up to the uni on Wednesday so I can cling to him a little while we find our way round campus.

I have to admit, I thoroughly miss Aberystwyth. Probably because it's what I'm use to, and I just need time to get comfortable with this campus. But I preferred that the campus was seperate to the town, Bangor just seems so much bigger because I can't tell where the campus ends or begins. It just seems to fit neatly into the town. It makes it seem a lot busier. Doesn't help it's a bigger university though.

Sorry for the bit of a vent, that is how I am today though

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#1277 Old Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Yet another psych appointment bogged down in red tape, anxieties, contradictions and a referral to a day program that won't be 7 hours long. I have terrible stamina to last in office settings of 9-to-5.

I had a chance to work on my doll Maria. Her teal hair is now about 23 plugs, but I still have a ways to go.

To be honest, I pondered the whole merging families from The Sims 3 with haywud last night and it would result in the collective name changing from my family's Original name to something to suit the Carveys and Coopers. I'd be used to the madness, but five new step cousins would be a bit much, not to mention, my nightmares of school would return because of paperwork oversight with my aunt LuAnne and my grandfather.

Did I ever mention that while I can do paperwork, I rather not?

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Top Secret Researcher
#1278 Old Yesterday at 11:29 PM
I've spent too much time in front of the computer today. My eyes feel like they're full of sand.

I ordered a new toaster though, so I guess it is worth it. The one we have looks like it has been drop kicked one too many times. I can't remember who or when the handle broke off of it.

There's no rest for the wicked
Scholar
#1279 Old Today at 5:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Had my first proper day at uni today. I have to admit it's less stressful than it was when I went last Wednesday, but that's mostly because I had stayed at my boyfriends house, which is a bus ride and a train ride away from Bangor. Which meant getting out of the house by 6:50 to get there for 10.

It wasn't so bad. I cried when I arrived because I was so overwhelmed and sleep deprived. I worked 28 hours over the weekend, and both nights had anxiety dreams that woke me up and made it hard to get back to sleep. I found my classes with ease though, so I guess it could be worse. I kind of which I was living in Bangor though, because while the 30 mins drive isn't so bad, on days when I can't get a lift to uni, I'm going to have to take the train on my own and I'm so anxious about uni, let alone getting to/from there on my own, especially on days when I'm working at 2:30.

Anyway, I made a friend so that was good. The old me would just sit quietly somewhere before a lecture starts, but the new me actually walked upto another girl looking just as lost and said hi. My confidence has never been higher since I met my boyfriend. I think that's a good thing, for the first time in so long I don't feel ugly, fat and embarrassing. But I'm also really happy that he's going to take me up to the uni on Wednesday so I can cling to him a little while we find our way round campus.

I have to admit, I thoroughly miss Aberystwyth. Probably because it's what I'm use to, and I just need time to get comfortable with this campus. But I preferred that the campus was seperate to the town, Bangor just seems so much bigger because I can't tell where the campus ends or begins. It just seems to fit neatly into the town. It makes it seem a lot busier. Doesn't help it's a bigger university though.

Sorry for the bit of a vent, that is how I am today though

@Bigsimsfan12 I felt nervous for you just reading your post. I'd be exactly the same in your shoes. I had to start new schools several times as a kid, later than when everyone else started, which was terrifying. Instead of being new like everyone else at the same time, I was that 'new girl', all alone with it, complete with stares, questions about my accent, questions about why I didn't start with everyone else, etc. I imagine though, the good thing about college/uni, is that everyone has grown up and matured. There's no fear of bullying like in school; at least I hope so.

Try to take one day at a time, or even one class at a time. It's so easy to be anxious about something coming up afterwards which leads you to lose concentration when you need it. Praying for an easy and smooth transition for you. x

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#1280 Old Today at 1:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutese
I'm angry and upset. I got mugged by a man with a big, scary knife. He took my phone with 3k+ photos of my 3yo boy and I don't have a backup. He also wanted something else but a couple of neighbors returning home scared him away. It happened too close to my house to feel safe. I already had issues going out alone with my son, now I don't feel like going out alone with him at all. We also had no water for almost a week and power is still unstable because of the earthquake. My son's school hasn't been inspected for structural damages and police is ocupied with the fallen buildings around here (2 apt biuldings, 1 school less than 2 miles from here) so they can't watch for everyone's security.
I hate those oportunists who steal and harm people in affected areas just because it's easy.

OMG, I am so sorry all that is happening to you! I've been burgled a few times and I know how unsafe I felt for a long time after that, but I've never been mugged or threatened in the way you were. I can't imagine how frightened you are. And to have the earthquake and aftermath to deal with as well. I'll add you to my prayers, and my thoughts are with you as well.

I suppose it's too much to ask whether the police are of any help?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 52 of 52