Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Emerald1234

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 10841 (Who?), Viewed: 233796 times.
Page 434 of 434
Scholar
#10826 Old Yesterday at 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natboopsie
Cyjon gave a great tip in this post in an older thread, and since I started using it, every hotel I ever check into is fully populated (or as fully populated as I need it to be, if I choose to bail earlier). And yes, I have the full suite of no-regen mods in also. I really think his simple tip is the ticket, though it cuts down on your first-day vacation freedom.

I always have my vacationing sims spend their first whole day at the hotel too, but I think that's a different issue. The person Cyjon was replying to was making their own tourists and having trouble getting them to appear in the game. JDacapo isn't making her own tourists. She just wants her game to automatically spawn them by itself and it isn't doing that for some reason. Usually having a playable check into a hotel should nudge the game into autospawning them all (you may notice some lag while it does this).

In my current copy of Veronaville (made from Tarlia's clean template), the Capp family were the first playables to visit a vacation destination. I sent them straight to their beach house and played them through at least two days before I finally noticed that there were no tourists at any of the lots they'd visited. I went back to the base hood and sent the Monty family to one of the hotels. Once they had checked in, the game spawned all the tourists. I did have one or two other 'hoods where my playables stayed at the hotel for a day or more and no tourists were ever spawned, but for most of my hoods checking in a playable works just fine.
Lab Assistant
#10827 Old Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Can sims change the TV channel or the stereo station autonomously?

TV channel I know they can, and some of my sims do it regularly (I have all the EPs SPs). Stereo stations I don't monitor that much, so can't tell you/
Mad Poster
#10828 Old Yesterday at 12:49 PM
I think I can understand why, if word got round that the Capps were going to a certain holiday destination, everyone else might decide to stay away! Juliette and Hermia are likely to say I'm being unfair to their family, but I suspect that, in their hearts, even they can understand what I'm talking about!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#10829 Old Yesterday at 1:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannisim
TV channel I know they can, and some of my sims do it regularly (I have all the EPs SPs). Stereo stations I don't monitor that much, so can't tell you/

Thanks. I wonder if there's a way to disable that on community lots.
Instructor
#10830 Old Yesterday at 1:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Thanks. I wonder if there's a way to disable that on community lots.

Will this work? I haven't used this in a while (don't have too many TVs) but it seems to be the latest version: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7320.0.html

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Mad Poster
#10831 Old Yesterday at 1:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Will this work? I haven't used this in a while (don't have too many TVs) but it seems to be the latest version: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7320.0.html

Thanks, but that one turns off autonomy entirely. I just want it for comm lots.
Lab Assistant
#10832 Old Yesterday at 2:33 PM
Does anyone know of a mod confirmed functional as of Cats and Dogs to remove the 8 sim per household limit? I really, really don't want to have to install MCCC.

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Mad Poster
#10833 Old Yesterday at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrunia
Does anyone know of a mod confirmed functional as of Cats and Dogs to remove the 8 sim per household limit? I really, really don't want to have to install MCCC.

This is the Sims 2 forum. Our EP is called "Pets" and the bigger households mod works fine with it. I think you want Sims 4, down the hall. I hope you can find what you want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#10834 Old Yesterday at 5:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
This is the Sims 2 forum. Our EP is called "Pets" and the bigger households mod works fine with it. I think you want Sims 4, down the hall. I hope you can find what you want.
oh jeez how did I even do that? sorry sorry!

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Scholar
#10835 Old Yesterday at 9:00 PM
If my Jonesi bed blanket assorted items commonly say "Item not designable" after I've placed them and want to recolor them, what am I doing wrong?

I've just done a pretty thorough attempt to weed out duplicate meshes.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Mad Poster
#10836 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
@natboopsie Turns out I don't have 1.1. Not sure how that happened since I'm pretty sure I did not download it before september 2014, but ah well! Good to know Squinge already fixed it, no need for me to upload mine.

Couldn't find the code for how the influence interaction itself, but from tests I can say that in my game having started the term paper is not required, but it seems a maxis computer is. In the first test the interaction repeatedly just had no effect, until I added a maxis computer then it did succeed. When I tried again with a different Sim, having both a maxis computer and a custom one, the influenced Sim used the custom one to write the term paper. Not interested enough to keep testing to figure it out

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#10837 Old Yesterday at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
If my Jonesi bed blanket assorted items commonly say "Item not designable" after I've placed them and want to recolor them, what am I doing wrong?

I've just done a pretty thorough attempt to weed out duplicate meshes.

You do have the bed blanket itself in your game (just checking)? Since all those things are slaves, you'll need the master.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#10838 Old Today at 12:08 AM
Home business ACT like community lots, with all the people coming; but they aren't community lots, so you can't take a sim there. Can you! WHY NOT!!!

Namaste
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#10839 Old Today at 2:25 AM
If you are playing the home business you can teleport them in, I have done that with Christianlov's Transport Mirror. I then trade, something from their inventory for something in the sims shop. The wallet token controller might also work. Or try a regular teleporter and see if you can show them the item. No way is great, but its about the best you can do.

Also there is CH visit neighbours mod. That might be worth a try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10840 Old Today at 2:50 AM
spellbook/cauldron; would the free ones be just the first time sim becomes a witch/warlock? or would the sim get extra free ones after witchery is cured?

when top floor/floors is/are (and all content is) removed, game can still access such floors. is there a way to correct that?
Field Researcher
#10841 Old Today at 10:28 AM
is it possible to...make a custom hidden lot sim? like instead of the witch doctor, I'll have a female witch instead?
I'm aiming to make a village bruja/witch or a rumored mountain spirit that only the benevolent can find

but if it's not possible, I can always just make a regular sim, and the lot won't be hidden =))

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Field Researcher
#10842 Old Today at 5:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
@natboopsie Turns out I don't have 1.1. Not sure how that happened since I'm pretty sure I did not download it before september 2014, but ah well!

Well, I'm sure glad this got looked into, because I just tracked down the issue that's causing all the confusion: even today, the AL Mega College Pack that is offered for download *still contains the outdated (2006!) version of Squinge's College Interactions on Any Lot*! The freestanding version has a package date, inside the ZIP, of March 2017 (so Squinge has still been working on it recently, bless him). The version included in the Mega College Pack has a date of...holy cow, 2006.

So that explains why even folks who started playing with the Mega College Pack after 2014 (like @gummilutt and @Devon Aster ...and me too!) don't have the updated version of CIAL that allows influence for term papers. And why it's still been a "known issue" that the Mega College Pack doesn't allow Influence...Write Term Paper in the main hood! It's just a matter of a confusing download situation. Because why would you think that the freestanding and Pack-ZIP versions wouldn't already be the same (and both updated), if you're downloading years after Squinge reported doing his last update?

So, I'm sure it's just an oversight by Squinge that the version of CIAL in the zip has continued to be the old one. But what this means is that many, maybe most players using the AL version of the Mega College Pack to do uni in the main hood need to go and grab the freestanding updated version of just the CIAL and use it to replace the one currently in their downloads folder, in order for their YAs to Influence...Write Term Paper.

(I don't have an account at Insimenator.org, but is there someone who can let Squinge know about this problem? From the way Squinge comes across as a creator, I'm guessing he'll want to fix the Pack version, or at least add a note on the page to let people know they need to manually discard the version inside the Pack after downloading and replace it with the other on the page.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Couldn't find the code for how the influence interaction itself, but from tests I can say that in my game having started the term paper is not required, but it seems a maxis computer is. In the first test the interaction repeatedly just had no effect, until I added a maxis computer then it did succeed. When I tried again with a different Sim, having both a maxis computer and a custom one, the influenced Sim used the custom one to write the term paper. Not interested enough to keep testing to figure it out

Thank you for your testing!

OK, I think you mean you were testing using the version of Squinge's mod you fixed on your own (before you knew about v. 1.1)? So I'm guessing you mean you tested in the main hood. And then if I understand correctly...you found that a Maxis computer is required *on the lot* for the interaction to complete, but once a Maxis computer *is* on the same lot, then the influenced sim can successfully use any computer, Maxis or cc, to actually write the other sim's term paper?

Please let me know if I didn't get that right.

Because if so, I'm still not sure it's true a Maxis computer is required---because of the start-term-paper vs. no-starting-needed thing. You see, like Devon Aster (thanks again for your help, Devon---it's turning out to provide ongoing food for thought and testing, which is even more awesome), I usually have Monique's computers, and often only Monique's computers, all over uni hoods. (Yes, I know I've just jumped back to on-campus situations, but bear with me...) Therefore...I'm wondering whether the only way to enable influencing another sim to write a term paper *on a Monique computer* is to have started it first,...whereas (kick)starting it that way isn't necessary if you're using a Maxis computer. Hm!

But you said you're done with testing, understandably. I'll make a note to myself to check that last bit out...er, next year, when I'm back to my game.

Away from my game for most months out of the year right now, but still a fan.
Page 434 of 434