Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

maxon, joandsarah77, MattieOReilly

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 12528 (Who?), Viewed: 269627 times.
Page 502 of 502
Theorist
#12526 Old Today at 8:35 AM
I've had wants for massage tables and green energy sources display properly in my game. I thought the blank ones were supposed to be due to a mod conflict or something.
#12527 Old Today at 8:43 AM
Could be. I think Squinge's LTW hack can break it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#12528 Old Today at 9:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Where did you put the translation in the file (in the TXT lists)? Was it in the French section or did you make a translation of the whole career and the file you have is meant to be in French first. Ah - how to explain? @Essa

How are you editing the file - directly (thus editing the TXT lists) or using Bidou's career creator plug in? And what language is your game normally installed in?

@maxon
My game is installed in French.
I didn't use Bidou's career for the editing.
I'm doing it by export the lang file in SimPE (it's named english.txt), then replace the text in English by French using Notepad++, then rename the file french.txt and import it in Simpe. I then fixed typos in SimPE if needed.

Commit and save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by he.mf.bg
Is this something I should be worried about?

Mootilda's HoodChecker didn't pick up anything weird.

@he.mf.bg
I have those since I recently installed a reduced LTW mod (not Squinge's one).
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#12529 Old Today at 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
@maxon
My game is installed in French.
I'm doing it by export the lang file in SimPE (it's named english.txt), then replace the text in English by French using Notepad++, then rename the file french.txt and import it in Simpe. I then fixed typos in SimPE if needed.

I think this might be it if I'm understanding you properly. You replaced the English text in the english.txt file but your game is installed in French - correct? The thing is because of your language setting (French) what the game will do is use french.txt not english.txt when you play. To get around this, put the career into English for ALL languages by pressing the Default lang only button (picture) - make sure it's your translation in the window when you do. What this does is use the english.txt version for every language in your installation and wipes the rest.
Screenshots

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Page 502 of 502