Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:59 PM
Default Mood Booster
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might know of a Mod or object that helps to boost the sims moods alot faster? Like food, bladder, and but mostly energy. I've heard of simply shift clicking and typing in "testingcheatsenabled true" and then clicking on the mail box and going to "options" and then selecting "make all happy", however when I do that NOTHING comes up. I did recently install some Nraas mods, but I've checked over them several times and don't see anything related to "boosting" sims moods. Would anyone happen to know of anything and if so your help would be greatly appreciated.

"Life without LOVE is NO life at all"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:17 PM
I think the mailbox trick requires a shift-click after the testingcheatsenabled step.

The NRaas mod that governs speeds of motive gain and decay is Relativity. The main purview of the mod is to manage the passage of time relative to the game clock, but the other options are there regardless.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+FAQ
(see the Motive Decay/Delta section towards the end of the page)

If you want to make any of the motives static (frozen at 100) for any individual or groups of sims, that would be a function of the StoryProgression mod (SP Extra add-on module required).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by ange1face20 : 14th Sep 2017 at 12:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think the mailbox trick requires a shift-click after the testingcheatsenabled step.

The NRaas mod that governs speeds of motive gain and decay is Relativity. The main purview of the mod is to manage the passage of time relative to the game clock, but the other options are there regardless.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+FAQ
(see the Motive Decay/Delta section towards the end of the page)

If you want to make any of the motives static (frozen at 100) for any individual or groups of sims, that would be a function of the StoryProgression mod (SP Extra add-on module required).

Ah ok, that's what I did, I shift+ctrl+c and brought up the dialog box and then typed testingcheatsenabled true in it..then I went and clicked on the mailbox and still nothing happened. I just noticed that I typed it wrong up above lol. I was just looking for something that wouldn't burn my sim out so quickly during the day and have more time to raise their skill levels and do other things. Thank you for your help Igazor.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 2:47 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Sep 2017 at 3:00 AM.
It's supposed to be ctrl + shift + C to bring up the console, testingcheatsenabled true (enter), then I think shift-click on the mailbox.

But it sounds like you might want to look into Relativity generally. At its default clock speed, which would be 37, nothing changes. Set that to 19, and it will take half the time (give or take) for sims to complete many tasks relative to the game clock thus giving them and you more (sim) time to get things done each day, they don't have to wake up at 4 am to have time for a shower and breakfast, etc. before work, and have more time to do stuff besides eat dinner and collapse from exhaustion in the evening. That seems to be the most popular setting but I find it to be a bit too much for me and prefer 23.

The Motive Decay and Delta adjustments I mentioned are really meant to be used on top of that for further tweaking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's supposed to be ctrl + shift + C to bring up the console, testingcheatsenabled true (enter), then I think shift-click on the mailbox.

But it sounds like you might want to look into Relativity generally. At its default clock speed, which would be 37, nothing changes. Set that to 19, and it will take half the time (give or take) for sims to complete many tasks relative to the game clock thus giving them and you more (sim) time to get things done each day, they don't have to wake up at 4 am to have time for a shower and breakfast, etc. before work, and have more time to do stuff besides eat dinner and collapse from exhaustion in the evening. That seems to be the most popular setting but I find it to be a bit too much for me and prefer 23.

The Motive Decay and Delta adjustments I mentioned are really meant to be used on top of that for further tweaking.

Lol, it'd be so nice if someone could make the Insimenator for 3, like there was one for the Sims 2!! Again, thanks for all your help.

Scholar
#6 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 6:20 PM
Also with testing cheats enabled, you can just click and drag on one of the needs bars to raise or lower it.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.