Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:51 PM
Release Date
Any ideas of a release date been given please? I am very interested in purchasing it when the time grows closer.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:05 PM
It was given in the other thread, Feb as of now - likely to change.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 8:38 PM
I heard it was coming out late March about 3 weeks ago... I hope it doesn't come out in feb its practically the worst time to bring out a game. Just after christmas... people broke... that kind of thing. It looks like i'll have to save some $$$ from christmas...

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 8:51 PM
Instructor
#5 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
Pfft... Here's a plan, take a realease date from a preorder site, allow one week for Delivery, and then 3 more for maxis screwing it up. All I can tell you is sometime early next year.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 10:36 PM
I agree I want a fully functional game, with no glitches and no bugs please lol.

Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auroraspirit
I agree I want a fully functional game, with no glitches and no bugs please lol.

Dream on :D. An EA game with no glitches or bugs = end of the world as we kkknow it...
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 9:15 PM
LOL, near perfection would be just as great none the least, but its true *sigh* dream on...

Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wil-Redfern
I hope it doesn't come out in feb its practically the worst time to bring out a game. Just after christmas... people broke... that kind of thing.

Actually, I am in the financial business in the US, and from a financial stand-point, February is a relatively good time because of tax returns. This is the month that most families either: pay off bills to leave extra income in the home during the months to come, or splurge on items that they would normally not be able to afford or would not have the larger amount of money available for. If I was going to bring a gaming product out at any other time of the year other than Christmas, it would be February or very early March. (it's that time of year that I make my most money, too! )
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:30 AM
owwww man! I was hoping for a Christmas date! Oh well geuss Ill have to save up! I do get a good allowance though. So i'll try to get it the day it comes out!
#11 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Actually, I am in the financial business in the US, and from a financial stand-point, February is a relatively good time because of tax returns. This is the month that most families either: pay off bills to leave extra income in the home during the months to come, or splurge on items that they would normally not be able to afford or would not have the larger amount of money available for. If I was going to bring a gaming product out at any other time of the year other than Christmas, it would be February or very early March. (it's that time of year that I make my most money, too! )

YES thats why I'll be able to buy this game!!!! Woot!!!
#12 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Dream on :D. An EA game with no glitches or bugs = end of the world as we kkknow it...

i love that song! lol

I cannot wait until February now! I've been waiting to hear about In Season, now i've got a date to look forward to! *squee*
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf

looks like your using this method of gathering information: :lurk: (LOL)
i will probably buy it the day it is realeased or the day after like i did with Pets!

:offtopic: what is a ----> :mecha: ????
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp...uct%5Fid=646870

"Pre-Release
Ships 2/27/07"

That date sounds about right. OFB shipped around that same time this year.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 9:08 PM
If that's correct, it's just in time for my birthday! Whoo :D
#16 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 4:14 AM
if it ships on the 27th of feb for the us i calculate the 2nd of march for the uk as it always comes out on a friday here and that is the nearest friday
so ist the 2nd of march for the UK
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ferrymocha11
looks like your using this method of gathering information: :lurk: (LOL)
i will probably buy it the day it is realeased or the day after like i did with Pets!

:offtopic: what is a ----> :mecha: ????

:offtopic:a possessed christmas tree? An alien? I'm out of ideas now.....

If it comes to the UK before May I'll be happy.....Things always come late in UK :weep: well thats how it seems.....

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:02 PM
:offtopic: - This :mecha: is a cthuloid-esque smiley. Looks like cthulhu or an illithid that has been cross-bred with a spider! For cthulhu - look up HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos (has a popular roleplaying game based on it) for 1920s/30s horror fun. Illitid, i.e. mindflayer, is also a moster in DnD. It's a very roleplayer aimed smiley - it'll eat your brains OR make them melt out your ears!

On Topic: So they say late Feb - add on a few months for the bugs they'll find between now and then. Then add in getting it to my corner of the world. If it comes out pre-June I'll be happy! Of course, I wouldn't mind it coming out later if they actually tried to fix more of the inevitable glitches!
Stupid people are stupid
#19 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylark
- On Topic: So they say late Feb - add on a few months for the bugs they'll find between now and then. Then add in getting it to my corner of the world. If it comes out pre-June I'll be happy! Of course, I wouldn't mind it coming out later if they actually tried to fix more of the inevitable glitches!

The bugs they'll find between now and end of februari will be made in the first patch. Unless the make the game unplayable. I mean, really. Has EA ever released an Sims 2 EP without bugs? NO, because we all buy them! And we are stupid enough to buy them within the first few weeks, so we will play with those bugs. They won't care about those bugs, just take a look at Pets. Full of bugs and yet we wait for a patch.
Same thing will happen with this EP as well! So i don't think that release date will be much later than what they have said now.
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 2:54 AM
Only about 2 and a half more months " YAY"
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 12:31 PM
Quote:
our price: £29.99 Delivered
availability: Due for release on 01/03/2007

RRP: £34.99 You save: £5.00 (14%)

This is from play.com for anyone in the UK - seems very expensive - I wonder if it'll go down before then?
#22 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 12:34 PM
coolh: That price is in day/month/year, right?

Yeah that seems real expensive! Usually eps are less than half that, if I can do my english-nz $ calculations right :D
#23 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 3:55 PM
I can's wait for like 2 months it says 2/27/07 i will go crazy by the time the pre-order is realesed and im pretty sure they do ship it to the UK first Hummmmp
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 3:59 PM
Its up at Amazon for preorder, have it in my cart
same date release 29.99, its CD version only but qualifies for free shipping.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:02 PM
I'm already considering pre-ordering it The weather, the changing of seasons, the butterfly and the swimming pool interactions alone are worth it.

Hoping it isn't as buggy as the last.

Auroraspirit :ange:
Page 1 of 3