Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:21 PM
Schools closed?
Hey guys,
It is true that at Seasons when it snows heavily or is very hot, schools will be closed??? Thanks...

Carlos
Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:25 PM
That what I heard about the snow, haven't heard about the heat though
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:26 PM
How cool would that be!? For the kids, of course!
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 7:10 PM
They probably won't close on really hot days, that isn't really common in most places (though it happens in the desert where I live).
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 7:11 PM
Haven't heard about hot, but if there is heavy snow, they will.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:50 PM
What about rain? [If there's even rain, I'm not caught up on this game]

Will schools close if there's a lot of rain?
#7 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:12 PM
In what part of anywhere do schools close because of rain?
#8 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:14 PM
Schools have closed here because of hurricanes but i don't think the rain in the game will be that serious
#9 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmopolitan

Florida. It happens all the time. Rain can sometimes equal flooding.
#10 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:46 PM

Perhaps in a place where schools have to be closed for some reason they don't want to be known. For example, if the headmaster of the school wants to extend a weekend trip by closing the school on Friday
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:34 PM

Sometimes in Haxtun, Colorado they do.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psy10
Florida. It happens all the time. Rain can sometimes equal flooding.

sure does. I used to live in Miami, and school was closed few times for rain. Even the simple thunderstorms could easily make the tide rise up from ocean and flood the streets(nothing major, just sucked and a lot of seaweed clean up afterwards)
Site Helper
#13 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 6:13 PM
Las vegas would have closings or delays for rain as well, although that was 15 years ago. After they had 3 kids killed in a flash flood from 1/2 inch of rain they started to upgrade the sewers, so they might be able to handle a bit more water now. (I used to have a picture of a guy rowing people across a road with an underpass whose warning sign said it was 10'8" high. The water was up to the sign.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#14 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 6:17 PM
Well to clear up, get on topic and answer the question, no, sim school will still be open if it rains.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#15 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 12:19 AM

I'm originally from Louisiana and now live in Florida and I have seen instances in BOTH states where schools were closed due to heavy rains and flooding.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
Haven't heard about hot, but if there is heavy snow, they will.

Where I live, primary schools are closed during heat waves because often the public school don't have enough in the way of airconditioning..... Just a ceiling fan that ultimately just moves the heat around.
#17 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 2:32 PM
On Heavy Snow days, then yes schools will close
#18 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
Hrm... interesting... so. I vaguely recall reading that sims can have snow days. It would be nice for kids to automatically get off from school during summers. If it doesn't work that way already, then maybe someone can make a hack. :jig:

Ste
#19 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Question
Perhaps in a place where schools have to be closed for some reason they don't want to be known. For example, if the headmaster of the school wants to extend a weekend trip by closing the school on Friday

LOL...what a theory. Reminds me of the *real* Question.
#20 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:45 AM
Righteous. It will be cute to see the little ones play in the snow [and possibley freeze to death jk]! <3
#21 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:56 AM
School closes sometimes for a day in the winter here because of rain. River floods; hillsides fall etc. then in someplaces sea gets real rough, cars can't drive back and forth to the capital center because of it and round the bays.

On topic: But then if you make a neighbourhood that's always in Winter, kids will be off school every two or three days or so. (how often does it snow during winter on the sims seasons?
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 6:05 AM
I pretty sure that sim children go to school even in the summer.
From the Chat:

Guest (Feb 15, 2007 4:53:57 PM)
Will the Sim kids have summer off like in real life?

MaxoidLittleL (Feb 15, 2007 4:53:57 PM)
Sim kids are so focused they go to year round school. They REALLY look forward to possible snow days though

I'm so going to love this EP, buggy or not!:jig:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:45 PM

Haha... I know... alot of quotes on this one, but when I went to school, we had to be sent home EARLY sometimes because I live in a really country/rural area, and if the streets flooded, it was harder for us to get home. One time, we had to stay in school late because the water was over the doors. They did'nt make us do that again... heh. (Not that it happens often. Seems to when there's a danger of a tornado... but that's it. We're "lucky" with kinda mild weather. Heh.)