Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 2:54 AM
Default The little things you want in TS3
I thought I'd make a thread like this so as much as possible less threads in this forum. So, what are the little things you want in TS3?

I want penguins in TS3. Winter would seem unrealistic without them!

More toddler interactions would be nice. I mean, why make the only interaction for toddlers have to make them hate each other?
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 8:33 PM
I want holding hands.. Like kids and parents crossing the street, lovers just being together. It'd be cute!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 2:33 AM
Well for sure sims can walk in pairs--so that's possible! I hope todders that can walk will hold hands with their parents while walking!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 2:51 AM
I want to see more normal interactions on different surfaces.

For example:

-Holding a baby on a chair/couch
-Massage on a bed
-Sitting on a table/counter
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:42 AM
talking on the phone while doing various things like cooking, playing that damn snowboarding game, relaxing on the bed, etc.
able to lay objects in more places- like bills on the mantle (your sim could maybe set them on fire... accidentally!) newspaper on the chair.
i'd also like to be able to place sinks in islands.
there are more things I'd like to see, I'm sure, but they don't come to mind atm!
#6 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 11:12 PM
Toddlers to be able to go up and down the stairs, regardless of the type.
*Different shaped and sloping driveways.
*Animated blinds and Curtains - shut at night and open in the morning.
*Animated Windows - Sims can open them - Climb in and out of them - great for burglers also.
*Fireplaces that once lit, keep burning till we tell our sims to put them out. Add fuel could be an option while they are burning.
*Children and teens place Homework on a desk NOT the floor. Option to consign a desk for just homework.
*Strollers for Babies/Toddlers and to be able to take them every where our Sims can go.
*Pets, Farm and Zoo animals
*Different types of drivable vehicles- cars, trucks, covered and uncovered waggons, carts, western type stage coach, victorian carrages, etc.

I would definatly buy the game if the last two were included in the original game, but knowing Maxis I will have to wait for the inevitable EPs
#7 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 11:17 PM
If children were sitting on the couch you could hand them a baby to hold.
#8 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Talon
If children were sitting on the couch you could hand them a baby to hold.

Yes, and for all sims to be able to sit down while nursing a baby or toddler
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:10 AM
Maybe things related to clothes, like taking them off without that spin, taking off clothes as in real life (as in the EA'a switch-and-bait promo video full of lies when TS2 was going to be released) and having more than one outfit for each category...maybe the need to wash the clothes could be added...more realistic things
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:14 AM
The option to choose sims' neck lengths.

*And the ability to talk from different elevations. (So sims don't dance around each other trying to talk while outside despite the fact that they're right next to each other.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:21 AM
If they are going to give us cheats for normal things, I hope that they will at least include a button menu that you can just turn on or off. I'm so tired of typing the snapobjectstogrid cheat on and off all the time.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:24 AM
Another thing: the possibility to choose the century, or the decade of the neighborhood when you start it.
#13 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:54 PM
I hope that we can turn objects such as chairs in different angles without using cheats. I mean most people don't have their chairs, couches, or TVs in perfect angles all the time.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zzelda16
I hope that we can turn objects such as chairs in different angles without using cheats. I mean most people don't have their chairs, couches, or TVs in perfect angles all the time.

I'm 99.9 percent positive that that's already been announced. And, u can do it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:56 PM
little thing... let's see... bikes?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:35 AM
Animated windows sound nice. I also hope sims can have the option to look out on those windows.

I don't know about the farm animals--I hope a future EP could introduce more kinds of pets.

I hope sims can play more types of instruments--trumpets, saxophones, xylophones, and all that jazz.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:26 PM
Windows and doors that can be different colors on opposite sides, which is a standard r/l decorating practice.

The ability to "paint" trim for walls, obviating the need to have six of the same color wall with different trim work.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
#18 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:42 AM
I agree.. I'd LOVE it if they actually opened doors.. Might make it harder to make custom stuff, though..
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 6:21 PM
I'd love to have a window that comes with a window seat already attached so you can place it against the wall and Sims can sit and have the option to read, relax or gaze out the window.

I know that's pushing it though but I'd love to see that. Bay windows with window seats make a room look so homey.

I'd love for parents to be able to teach children how to cook or how to fix things. Not so that if they don't, the child won't know how to do it but they will learn how to do it faster and better if someone instructs them on it.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:45 AM
i think if there were animated doors it would get old.
like at first we'd all be like "Coool! theyre actually opening it!"
but if it slowed down the 'going-through-a-door' process i cant see it being very popular

but it might be cool if say, they crept out of a room that someone was sleeping in (like the sneak out interaction now)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:27 AM
Aren't the doors in Sims2 animated?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:29 AM
croco - What they meant is that sims ACTUALLY open doors, not automatically open for them. Which is what I do want to see--I start thinking ghosts open doors for them.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:32 AM
I always imagined that they are like those automatic doors that have a sensor and open by themselves.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 11:46 AM
I remember there was this one double door that does open automatically. Very cool--hope TS3 gets REVOLVING doors instead--like those in hotels.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I remember there was this one double door that does open automatically. Very cool--hope TS3 gets REVOLVING doors instead--like those in hotels.

Eh, I'm kinda soured on revolving doors. Just recently they put one into our building at work. First time I've ever gone through one. I find it annoying (the door is kind of heavy and it's slower to go through than one you pull open). So I'm just silly enough never to use revolving doors in Sims because of it. Wouldn't mind having them, though. I don't have to use them, and it'd make others happy.
Page 1 of 3