Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MS Plumbob Dream - Captain's Deck

by nitromon Posted 12th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2018 at 2:47 PM by nitromon : New instructions on Package File

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:14 AM
Very cool! Glad to see this uploaded! Thank you for all your work on this and the "combined community/residential lot" process!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:24 AM
I've been waiting for something like this! Fantastic job!Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:34 AM
Great idea, good job!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:06 AM
Is there a reason why the outside screenshot is scrolled in so close? Does it still look like a cruise ship if you zoom out?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:36 AM
I've been checking for this daily after reading that it was in the queue. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, awesome work!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 8:03 AM
This is brilliant- well done. Congrats on your first upload to MTS!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 10:01 AM
Finally someone make the lot of cruise ship. Im waiting for this. Im dk how to build it in ship, really appreciate to u make a lots. Thanks so much :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 10:10 AM
I've been eagerly awaiting this. Thanks. And, as I've said before - wow!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:17 AM
I love interesting buildings and this certainly qualifies. The whole ship concept looks good and what you've packed into this is quite spectacular.

Thanks
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:28 AM
I'm afraid I can't get it to install. The launcher shows it installed correctly, but there's no sign of it in the game, and when I checked back with the launcher, its no longer showing as installed. I don't understand it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:04 PM
I thought that it might be a problem with the launcher, but it seems to install other stuff fine. I re-downloaded the file, thinking it might have been corrupted, but no joy. I install it, I get the message saying 'success' but next time I check the little icon showing it as installed has vanished and there's no sign of it in game. I've never had anything like that happen before, I'm baffled.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't know what to say. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty new to all this. This is like the first simpack I've ever created.

Same for me, doesn't show as an available lot, either residential or community.

Hopefully one of the experts will have an answer. I'll double-check that the program hasn't unilaterally turned off something that's needed.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:44 PM
That's what happens when you expect a computer program to do what it's supposed to.

"To err is human. To really foul up you need a computer"

Looks like it works fine now. Thanks for finding the solution.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Elynda : 14th Sep 2017 at 1:59 PM.
Oh excellent! And, yes, the Sims 3 Launcher has never ceased to present me with difficulties since day one. Thanks for sorting that out.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:10 AM
@nitromon You can upload lots as sims3pack or as library files, to MTS. Consider replacing the sims3pack file with a library file. Then it is ready to go "straight out of the box" instead of downloaders having to take another step. Technically, a file that's not working should be replaced. Amazing build!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:35 AM
I don't know why the two package files would be different sizes. I take the library file for my uploads, the one that is saved to the bin. You can rename it anything you like, keeping the file extension of course.
From the Creator Guidelines:
Quote:
Package Files

Select your lot and click 'Edit Details' to give your lot a name and description.

Click the Save Copy to Library button on the lot panel.

Lots are saved to the Library folder: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library

Files will be given a name like ebf_0x123456789abcdefg. Right click and rename to something with a unique, identifying name, like username_RedBrickVictorian

New at Simszoo
Theorist
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:58 PM
Yeaaaaaah boy! This is great. I know what I'm doing this evening!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 2:14 AM
I hope this is the first in a series. it's great!

New at Simszoo
Page 1 of 2