Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 6:50 PM
Default MTS2 Changes - February 2007 Part 1
Hi All,

Time for some tweaks, changes and new features on MTS2 - this is by no means the end of them this month, but the maintenance today was laying some groundwork for more changes coming Real Soon Now (tm).

Firstly, you may remember the download caching that got put in a month or so ago and one of the consequences was that the default view was set to "All Downloads".

This has now been fixed so that the download page now defaults back to "Compatible".

Secondly, the Featured Downloads page has now totally disappeared as a seperate one here on the site, and has now been integrated fully into the main Downloads section. Clicking on Featured Downloads now shows the usual download view, with the filters and everything working as normal.

Thirdly, as mentioned above, I've done work on preparing for Seasons among other things, as well as fixed a small bug involving stripes on the colouriffic member profile pages.

More to come later this month.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
55 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 7:02 PM
Thanks for your hard work Delphy. Being a techie myself, I can really appreciate the amount of work involved in these upgrades.

Toto...we're not in Kansas...anymore

My other favorite sites Spiffy Sims , Sims Fashion Barn and Betsys Little Sim Shoppes Great free downloads.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 7:26 PM
You rock Delphy!! Thanks for all your (and anyone else who might be involved) time and hard work for making MTS a better place for all!!!

*Newness coming.....*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:33 PM
Yay, thank you!
The 'Compatible' downloads bit is something I'm most grateful for. (:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:57 PM
Thanks Delphy!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:02 PM
Thanks very much! I recently asked about the 'compatible downloads' filter and I'm very happy to see the improvements incorporating this feature Thank you!
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:21 PM
thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 10:29 PM
I'm curious about the work being done for seasons, I'm going to get it as soon as it comes out. Good to know you're on top of things.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:03 AM
Like to add my thanks for all the hardwork being done here. It's very much appreciated.
#10 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:01 AM
Ye that stripe on the profie page was bugging me to, thanks alot, WHOO YOU ROCK Mr. Delphy :D

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:28 AM
Thanks Delphy!!! :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 11:13 AM
Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:11 PM
Thanx Delphy. They work you put in really shows. MTS2 is great and the changes are wanted and appreciated :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 3:11 PM
Sometimes I don't really understand what you do, but I really appreciate it! Thank you for putting so much time, effort, work, money and everything else into this site!

La la la...
I am just a random, messy girl in a random, messy world...
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 3:51 PM
Thanks
thanks for ur work Delphy you rock!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:03 PM
Mts2 becomes better day after day with your awesome job

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
the download page now defaults back to "Compatible"

There's a wee little issue with this, apparently (it might be an old one? not sure): Changing the filter to "All Downloads" works fine as long as I stay on the page I'm on, but as soon as I go to any other page it resets itself to "Compatible". Switching it back to "All" shows all, but sends me back to Page 1 when the page reloads. (Which means if I want to see All, I can't look past page 1 effectively)

However, if I go "Advanced" and *manually* check all extensions, everything's as it should be (all downloads visible, and I can jump between pages without resetting the filter) .. which leads me to believe it works in principle, just not quite with the right button.

Just thought I'd let you know =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:00 PM
A big thank you Delphy. You deserve it with all your work on the site. Rah, merci !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:02 AM
Thanks for all your work!

Lets go out the evening for pleasure,the night is still young...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:25 AM
plasticbox,

Thanks for the detailed bug report - I'll roll this fix into the next set of changes.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:34 AM
You're welcome. Good to hear it wasn't just me.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:00 PM
Awesome. I hope you realise how much us minions appreciate you.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arriana
Yay, thank you!
The 'Compatible' downloads bit is something I'm most grateful for. (:

Indeed, Thank you very much Delphy!
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:56 PM
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at freya.modthesims2.com Port 80
Hello,This is what i'm getting when i try to download anything on the sit now .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 2:10 PM
Fenric, it's the weekend. Lots of people downloading. Did you see the bit about "Try again later"?

Page 1 of 2