Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 5:38 PM
Default Downloading via the EA Link anyone?
I was wondering if anyone else is going to be using the EA Link system to buy and download their verison of The Sims 2 Seasons.

I used the link to download the first Holiday pack that came out a year or two ago and it worked fine for me but I am still unsure whether or not I am going to use it for Seasons.

Anyone else want to weigh in on whether or not to us the EA Link?
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 5:44 PM
Hmm.. I probably would if I had the money/credit card, but I use cold hard cash to buy my EP's and last time I checked, you could only DL it if you had a credit card.

I'm sure that there'd be no problems with it because when making something like that available to the public, it has to go through rigorus training in order for EA to be able to release it in that way.

..good luck and congrats!

~X
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:48 PM
I will probably use the EA downloader, since I don't have time to take a bus ride out to the mall. I used it for Glamour Life stuff and had no problems, but sometimes I wonder if that is the reason why every time I put the Pets disk into the computer, it tries to install it, even though Pets is already installed . . . I've heard that people have had problems with it but I'm not too concerned.
#4 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:09 PM
I used EA DIgitalDownloader(as it was called then) to D/L Pets...I only did it because I was soo impatient and didnt wanna wait another two weeks for it to be released in NZ,my game shops told me it was late October,early November....I regret it... I love the box,the disc,manual....<3....just seeing that slip of paper telling you the next EP (if maxis can be bothered to do it )
Im definatly getting Seasons-disc version...and hopefully my family will get me pets on cd
#5 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:59 PM
i know that my neighbor download it because he havent a dvdplayer and in germany you can get it only as a dvdversion! so you have to download it if you want it (=
but I prefer the dvd-version because you can sold it after a time if you are no longer interested! ... moreover it tooks so much longer
#6 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enchantress101
I will probably use the EA downloader, since I don't have time to take a bus ride out to the mall. I used it for Glamour Life stuff and had no problems, but sometimes I wonder if that is the reason why every time I put the Pets disk into the computer, it tries to install it, even though Pets is already installed . . . I've heard that people have had problems with it but I'm not too concerned.

I had that problem with OFB, but I used a CD, didn't digitally download it.

Back on topic, I'm just going to buy it. I would rather have the CDs, box, etc and I have dial up, so I'm not going to wait a week for it to download.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 2:38 AM
I'll be downloading. I live in Tokyo, so even if I could find the EP on sale somewhere (the game isn't all that popular here) I'm worried that it wouldn't be compatible with my US/English-version base game. I used EA Link for Pets, too, and never had any issues with it at all. It would be nice to have the box, instructions, etc., but at the same time I do enjoy not having to put the disc in each time I start the game.

Last time I opened EA Link to check the preorder details, I believe it said that we could actually start downloading on the 21st, but that we won't be able to install until the ship date (27th?).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 3:38 AM
I'm confused about the whole download and install thing with the EA downloader as well.

I looked up in the help section what the "preload" meant because it said you could preload on the 21st and I'm still a little unsure.

It the game will be "locked," I'm assuming that means you can download it on the 21st and then it will become unlocked on the release date for installing and playing. But I'm unsure if the unlock day will be the 27th or later.
#9 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:43 AM
If you preload, you download 99% of it. Like if you wanted to do it,go to Buy it thru EA-Link.Then you choose PreLoad.its best to leave it on overnight,but Pets for me took 2hrs,tho it said it would take 6.
On the release day,28feb/march1, you can download that final 1% and it will install
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:56 AM
The final download is on the 28th.

Last week (the 14th) I paid for the Digital Download, and while I was there, I said I might as well purchase Family Fun and Glamour Life. Family Fun installed GREAT, Glamour Life gave me HORRIED problems. I kept getting an error everytime I tried to install it, I contacted EA explaining it was a Digital Download, they gave me instruction how to reinstall the DISK! After 8+ emails back and forth with EA, and 5 phone calls to tech support and member accounts and a supervisor, I FINALLY was able to download Glamour Life today (7 days later)!

If I would have known this before paying for Seasons, I would NOT get the Digital Download for Seasons. So I am praying that the Digital Download for Seasons works, if not, they will have to deal with me again!
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:09 AM
Kimberly, thats a shame.....sorry to hear
I hope Seasons will go good for you