Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:56 PM
do i have to download the BV-FT and AL if I have all of those or just the AL?

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#202 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sofudgeaswell
do i have to download the BV-FT and AL if I have all of those or just the AL?

It matters the last EP you have; if you have AL, then you should download the AL one; it doesn't matter if AL is your only EP, or if you have all EPs and SPs or some.
Same thing, if you have BV, download the "BV-FT" one, even if you don't have FT, and so on.
Test Subject
#203 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 2:49 AM
Thank you so much, Marhis, for this mod. Last night, I had two of my teenage sims, Val~Loura Twitches and Rauol Ireland get married. (I have inTeen. It still works for me- even with AL.) Val~Loura was pregnant with twins and I had Rauol propose marriage to her. I decided to marry them in the traditional way with the marriage arch and was dismayed to find that only Val~Loura was able to use it to get married. (inTeen bumps pregnant teens into adult-mode when pregnant.) At last, I was dismayed when it was over and they took her name instead of his! I had wanted Val~Loura to take Rauol's name, Ireland, because of his family's importance to my neighborhood, but instead they took hers, Twitches. I had previously seen your mod and thought I didn't need it because the two sims in question would always take the sim's name who proposed to them. Little did I realize I was so wrong...but luckily, I had SimPE and so it wasn't a big deal to change their names. I just downloaded your mod and so this will NEVER happen again. I'm so phsyiced! Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 9:50 PM
im having a problem,whenever a couple gets married a dialog pops up...
It doesnt say nothing it just says yes, no and cancel and whichever one i pick they both still just keep their names whats wrong? is there a conflict or what?
I have AL so i downloaded the AL version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#205 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rafa323
im having a problem,whenever a couple gets married a dialog pops up...
It doesnt say nothing it just says yes, no and cancel and whichever one i pick they both still just keep their names whats wrong? is there a conflict or what?
I have AL so i downloaded the AL version.

Sorry, I replied to your pm, but didn't see you also posted here; I'll paste the same answer.

There has to be a conflict for sure; The fact that the windows doesn't show the strings can only mean there's some other mod that uses the same string resources (and thus overrides mine).

You can try this: rename my file putting a "z" in the beginning (zmarhis-... etc.) and keep it not subfoldered, i.e. not inside a folder inside Downloads folder, but directly in the main Downloads folder.
This should force my mod to load last, overriding others: if in this case the problem goes away, the conflict is confirmed.
The other event will be the other conflicting mod that stops working, and/or pops up wrong text in its windows; this may help to identify, too.
Test Subject
#206 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 9:17 PM
Thank you! I really hated my same sex sims taking each other's name. Wish there was a way to highfinate the last names? ^^;

Y mi banda toca el rock
Test Subject
#207 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 10:39 PM
thanxxxxx i like realllllly need something like this ur da best
Scholar
#208 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 4:47 PM
This looks really helpful!
Thanks
Alchemist
#209 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 7:52 PM
Thanks this is very useful.As I see in the additional credits you accept translations.
If you want, I can do a polish translation for you!(I'm polish)

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#210 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 12:44 AM
@Beata125 Thanks! I would be very glad to roll your translation in it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#211 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 12:39 PM
Test Subject
#212 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 7:39 PM
Hey, like, the link is broken, dude.
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 2:54 AM
This worked terrific for selecting the name. For example, the girl's last name is Kim, and the guy's is Holmes. She asked to marry him, and it gave me the choice of using his name, instead of defaulting to hers, simply because she asked.

However, when they show up on the game screen, and when you hover over the house, it still says "Kim Household". Any plans for including a fix for that in the future? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#214 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SchmeegaDeeba
Hey, like, the link is broken, dude.

I'we tried to download all three packages just now, and they work fine; what link you're referring to? I can't fix anything if you don't tell me what I have to fix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#215 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Netjera
However, when they show up on the game screen, and when you hover over the house, it still says "Kim Household". Any plans for including a fix for that in the future? Thanks!

Heh, I wish; unfortunately there's no way to modify the family name, either than with SimPE.
Test Subject
#216 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:36 PM
Never mind. It works now.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marhis
Heh, I wish; unfortunately there's no way to modify the family name, either than with SimPE.

Drat! Well, thanks anyways. I still think this is really awesome.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:27 AM
Thanks for doing this!! It has always bothered me that I could not choose what lastname I wanted for my married sims.
Test Subject
#219 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:13 AM
I've wanted something like this for the longest time! Thanks so much! :]
Test Subject
#220 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
lovely
Test Subject
#221 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:56 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 3:26 PM
I'd love this for the sims 3, is there any chance that... ?
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pookele
But whichever Sim is the one who "makes the call to the arch" - in other words, whoever is highlighted when you click the arch and invoke "get married/joined" - that's the Sim whose last name is taken.

So just be careful who you're currently playing when you click the arch.

Why did we need a hack for this?

Beeeeecause, my simple minded friend, you need this because if lets say my sim was named John Goohead, and my woman's name was Mary Gold. If I wanted to be traditional in this game, and I got John to propose, then Mary's name would automatically be Goohead, but if I decided that I still wanted to be traditional, but I didnt like the name Goohead (and who does) then I could use this hack to change both the names to Gold, or lets say John likes his last name, and Mary likes her own last name, then I could also use this hack to make sure that their names stay the same. How amazing am I?
Inventor
#224 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 7:47 PM
Before I download: What last name do the kids take if they both retain their original last name?
#225 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 8:24 PM
jewaukeela: "Before I download: What last name do the kids take if they both retain their original last name?"
PROBABLY the name of the birth-parent, but ICBW.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Page 9 of 12