Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:02 AM
Default Roadless worlds (medieval)
How do you play those? I'm trying one now and it has some problems.

I had to resort to using LLAMA booths everywhere, since it takes forever to get anywhere otherwise, by foot, and vehicles don't work. Am I missing something? It really feels wrong for medieval sims to teleport.

Is it possible to use horses? I don't want to care for a horse just to use it, though, can it be left somewhere else than on a home lot or is there a cheat to avoid taking care of that? It's very time-consuming, and sims just love to autonomously do it.

Butlers do come, thankfully, but I found out that my sims can't get back their gems after sending them to be cut. What a shame, my sims found really expensive gems on their lot. No bills is annoying, too, it's too unrealistic for sims to pay no bills. And it's disappointing that gifts or love letters don't get sent to my sims, either.

Any tips on how to make a medieval roadless world a better experience?
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 4:52 AM
Medieval worlds can still have roads, albeit different than what we see now. Dirt roads, paved roads, brick roads, etc. And if you can't get rid of the tyre marks on the in-game dirt roads, you can pretend they're from wagons.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:25 AM
I'm using not my own custom worlds, and they don't have roads
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:58 AM
You could get a horse and ride it to travel faster and not care for it yourself, using mods, maybe?

For example, with Nraas Story Progression, you could freeze your horse's motives and let it live its life without really having to look for it. You could also set the horse's skills and traits with Nraas MasterController, so you wouldn't even have to train it.

Though sims may still want to interact with it, it might be a bit less likely, since some interactions are more "motive-based". There is this mod that disables certain autonomous interactions with pets.

You could also set a community lot or a secondary lot with all amenities for horses there. If you don't want them to wander around, you could fence that lot in and lock them in there. To help with that, there is a mod right here that disables the autonomous Go Home interaction for Horses. And Nraa GoHere (in testing) allows community lots doors to be locked, you can get it here. However, there is this mod by NonaMena that also adds this interaction on community lots.

There's also a mod for Horse Boarding Services. Maybe to add a bit of realism as to why your horses aren't on the lot?

Though you may want to keep some LLamas or subway stations around for inactive sims...

As for some services that require roads. The solution could be to just add a tiny patch of road to the world in CAW, if you want it to remain roadless, so they can spawn at the very least. Something like an intersection even.
And assuming you're talking about the same world from your previous thread, the CAW files for Praaven were kindly shared and you could use them to edit the world yourself and add roads or patches of roads.

Well, those are my suggestions, though I personally like the added challenge to these kind of worlds, but I can understand where it's more problematic.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:43 PM
I kinda like that it's taking forever for sims to get somewhere, for example, if my sim wants to meet up with their parents who lives in a different house, well that ain't gonna be easy! You gotta work for it. Horses are great, though taking care of them can be annoying without mods, so in my case, horses are only for rich people. And i don't have problems with getting sims to work, because i simply don't get them a job. Huge gardens can be their job, because that's what they did in medieval times too, right? Fishing is also a great way to spend your sim's day. And i have no need for service sims, like maids, because i just ask someone to move in and they can be my servants! I'm having so much fun with my medieval world... :D

If something is too far away to run to, you should move some building closer, or maybe move your own house closer to the town. Improvising is really needed when playing in a world that was never meant to be played with. When EA made roads for The Sims 3, they never thought about that someone would want to get rid of them :P