Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:32 PM
Default Keeping Track of "Expansion Packs" in 1.69
Once again, the version 1.69 game launcher has forgotten what expansion and stuff packs I used in my last game.

Tried to use ralphaelninja "Game Selector" program with 1.69. Nope. None of the expansion or stuff packs are found

I'm thinking my options are to write a bat file to make a backup of the Loadoption.ini file and then start the sims but I'm not sure when that file is getting corrupted...

... or to write a C# program that keeps track of what saved game I'm playing had which options.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 11:11 PM
I don't think anything fancy like corruption is happening to your .ini files. Origin has just decided that the default of your launch should be a minimal number of expansion packs. It conveniently forgets your preferences whenever it makes any little adjustment to itself which it seems to be doing often. (see my incessant complaints about it). No external game selectors work with 1.69 that I've heard about. But what does work in my experience is simply aborting the launch and starting over as many times as necessary (usually no more than 3, in fact I can't remember it ever taking more than 4) until you get the "try something new?" message, at which time you will see your expansions listed on the expansion page. It's tedious and stupid that you have to do it, but at least it's simple and doesn't wreck the game.

I am as certain as I can be without doing an intensive round of tedious experimentation that there is nothing you can program, no cheat, no script, nothing, that will allow you to prevent Origin from doing this stupid annoying thing. I am also pretty certain that no amount of complaining will get Origin to stop this from happening either.