Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 3:09 PM
CurrentGame.sims3 not updating?
Ever since i installed university life, my Sims 3 CurrentGame.sims3 folder just out of nowhere stop updating I've copied and pasted about 13 times with all the saves being the same. it also won't save or record memories, any solutions?

Expansion packs:
Pets
Supernatural
University
Into The Future
Generations
Seasons

I also use nraas.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 3:20 PM
Current Game is supposed to be an empty folder between sessions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Wut?
I Copied and pasted currentgame.sims3's contents to a saves folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Current Game is supposed to be an empty folder between sessions.
it's full while on the save, but save and share this memory do nothing and the currentgame.sims3 folder just doesn't update!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:06 PM
The CurrentGame folder is a temporary holding place for the save being played. A copy of your saved game gets moved there when you load it up. It stays static while you play. When you do a Save or Save As, that's when it gets updated from what is running in RAM as part of the Save or Save As procedure. When you Quit, it gets emptied out again. It has nothing (directly) to do with sims' memories and you aren't supposed to be copying and pasting anything to or from it. In fact, you're supposed to ignore it entirely unless your game crashes and a copy of the most recent save gets stuck in there, then it's okay to just empty it out (delete the stale copy).

It is not designed to continuously update itself throughout play. If it did, the game would move extremely slowly with all that hard drive read/write access constantly taking place.

In other words, if you play for let's say six hours without saving, then yes the contents of CurrentGame should be exactly the same at the end of those six hours as they were in the beginning.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The CurrentGame folder is a temporary holding place for the save being played. A copy of your saved game gets moved there when you load it up. It stays static while you play. When you do a Save or Save As, that's when it gets updated from what is running in RAM as part of the Save or Save As procedure. When you Quit, it gets emptied out again. It has nothing (directly) to do with sims' memories and you aren't supposed to be copying and pasting anything to or from it. In fact, you're supposed to ignore it entirely unless your game crashes and a copy of the most recent save gets stuck in there, then it's okay to just empty it out (delete the stale copy).

It is not designed to continuously update itself throughout play. If it did, the game would move extremely slowly with all that hard drive read/write access constantly taking place.

In other words, if you play for let's say six hours without saving, then yes the contents of CurrentGame should be exactly the same at the end of those six hours as they were in the beginning.
ok, but it's still not letting me save, or record memories! if i click on them flat-out nothing happens! the game just acts like i never pressed it
Site Helper
#8 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
So your problem is that it's refusing to save, not that your Current Game folder is not updating.

Can you take an in-game screenshot or video with the camera, or is that refusing to save as well?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:42 PM
Now I'm not sure anymore. But I think the OP is saying that sims' memories are broken and refuse to save, not that the game refuses to save. Can we get clarification on that, do Save and Save As (for the game itself) from the "..." menu in the lower left corner actually function? Is the problem restricted to one onging game or does a newly created test game behave differently? And how are we doing on hard drive space?