Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:28 PM
Default Family Fun Stuff ...
I just got this stuff pack ... I know that there is an official patch on the Sims2 website ... but do I need it if I have later expansion packs?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to patch every EP and SP, unless they come already patched. Having later EPs won't make a difference anyway, so yes, you do.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:49 PM
Well it installed. Got the patch and then it said I had later expansions installed and to make sure those are patched but they have been. I assume once a game is patched, its patched, nothing will mess with that last patch for Mansions and Gardens.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:50 PM
The patch for Family Fun Stuff disables moving occupied houses into the lot bin (a hug cause of game corruption), so yes, it is needed even if you have later EPs. I think there are other things it does also, but I can't remember right now, and the description for it doesn't seem to be working properly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 8:58 PM
Thank you!
I patched it ... of course I wouldnt play w/o patching. I just didnt know if I needed to re-patch the later EP's I had. But I wouldnt think so.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:00 PM
You should patch everything and save your patches to a folder for future use, as downloading them all takes ages.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The patch for Family Fun Stuff disables moving occupied houses into the lot bin

What? You sure about that? People have been complaining for years that EA has never even copped to the problem with the occupied lot bin, much less disabled it. I'd think this would be more widely known, if true.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:22 PM
I have a fully patched game and the ability to move occupied houses into the lot bin is disabled in my game. If it is not the Family Fun Patch that does that, which one does?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Darby : 10th Jan 2013 at 9:55 PM.
I have no idea, but I think the assumption that one/any of the patches disabled the occupied lot bin is erroneous. On what are you basing that idea?

My game is fully patched as well, and has been for each patch as long as each patch has been available. I can't say that I've tested whether or not the occupied lot bin works in my game, but I've never heard of this, either.

ETA: I'm going to create a new 'hood and test the occupied lot bin. Will report back shortly.

ETA2: My occupied lot bin does work.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:40 PM

My occupied lot is disabled, and I thought it happened after I installed the Family Fun Patch. If that is not the case, what would would disable it?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:45 PM
If you haven't moved in any new occupied houses, and have placed both the Kat and Kim families, the occupied lot bin is empty and therefore disabled. If it were fully disabled it wouldn't let you move a new house in; which I presume you haven't tried.

I need to do something to my lot catalog. I have two and three instances of EAxis houses in my lot bin; and the Widespot lot bin claims to have Tara Kat and and the Kims, though I placed them in Pleasantview to get rid of them and they don't appear in my Drama Acres or Strangetown lot bins.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:45 PM
It's only like that because you have no lots currently in that bin. If you downloaded a house with a family it would appear there. I'd be wary about downloading lots with families though. they can be almost as deadly as moving the ones already in your game.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:51 PM
I haven't tried moving occupied houses into the bin because as I said earlier cause of corruption. I don't have the Pets EP, so I would not have the Kat and Kim househoulds to move out of there.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yeah, that's not disabled, just currently empty. If you were to click the house with arrow icon between the bulldozer and rotate lot (hand) icons, then hover over and click a neighborhood lot that's already placed (and is occupied), you'd be able to move that lot into the bin. Which, of course, you don't want to do, but you can start to then say "no" to the "are you sure" screen to see for yourself.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The patch for Family Fun Stuff disables moving occupied houses into the lot bin (a hug cause of game corruption), so yes, it is needed even if you have later EPs. I think there are other things it does also, but I can't remember right now, and the description for it doesn't seem to be working properly.

Wait wait wait.

Patch?

Ive got everything installed with NO patch, and obviously this patch aint already installed because i cant still move occupied houses into the bin.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:33 AM
I was misunderstanding what was going on with the occupied bin, so everyone just disregard that statement.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Ive got everything installed with NO patch, and obviously this patch aint already installed because i cant still move occupied houses into the bin.

I can't even tell what you're saying there, but if part of it is that you're playing an unpatched game, you need to patch it. Patches are very important.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 11:42 AM
It's a Stuff Pack. It just adds objects, so there's no real need for a patch since it doesn't do anything that would need patching. So there is no patch.
Theorist
#19 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 1:15 PM
Yeah... but it is EA's first SP. Therefore you should patch it, because back in days they didn't know what they were doing (although they still don't know, but that's not the point here).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 1:45 PM
The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Pack CD Patch

Complete list of changes:

Family Fun Stuff clothing assets will no longer disappear after creating a Sim with them in Create-a-Sim.
Fixed object error that occurred when both the helicopter and nanny car arrived on family lot at the same time.
Families can no longer be combined when two separate families travel to the same community lot.
NPCs now immediately sit down after accepting an “Offer Free Makeover”.
Successful makeover for controllable customers now fixes previous failed makeovers.
Successful makeovers for controllable customers now brings up the “Change Appearance” UI.
Broken Muchiebot no longer have dirty dishes stuck on their arms.
Ug-No-More Makeover Station can now be deleted properly while Sims are performing the “Be Stylist” interaction.
Sims can now Offer Free Makeover to members of their family after starting a business.
Offering a “Free Makeover” no longer causes Sims’ buy bar to empty.
“Be Stylist” interaction will no longer drop out of queue if user performs social interactions while being the stylist.
NPC Vampires will now return home correctly when visiting an Electrono ticket machine lot.
Rooms built on half of the stage will now appear correctly.
Sims will no longer get stuck in the car when the user saves during the “Get In” interaction.
Cleanbots can now clean up baby bottles.
Selecting different aspiration using the ReNuYouSenso Orb now displays correctly.
Tombstones will no longer multiply themselves when saved on a shelf.
Employees working as Baristas now bring in Simoleons.
Making a single plate of hamburgers during breakfast hours will not give out incorrect text notifications.
Car stereos now turn on and off correctly after changing the stations repeatedly.
“Offer Makeover To…” interaction now leads customers to browse the Salon Chair.
Employees will now quit a job correctly when quitting from a community lot.
Sims can now make drinks from the bar on a home business.
Familes are now able to go to work when owning multiple cars.
Teens will no longer have the same Small Business Career Work schedule and School schedule.
Babies are no longer in the Downtownies pool for invited outings.
Family Members will no longer glow green when using “Look for mark” perk.
Puddles can now be mopped up with all wall items above them.
One of the two Adult Sims will now be able to go to work if a Toddler is left at home without a babysitter.
The oven portion of the restaurant stove cannot be used after food on it has caught fire.
Unfinished paintings on an Owned Community Lot can now be finished if a Sim leaves the lot and returns.
Runaway teens will continue to remain on the controllable Sims skewer on the left-hand side of the screen
Munchie Bots will no longer bring back invisible, non-interactable food when playing with multiple Munchie Bots.
The Sim will now animate when using the ReNuYu Porta-Chug.
Pool of Dateable Sims will no longer include special non-playable NPC characters.
When being inducted into a Secret Society, the Sim will be taken to the Secret Society’s lot, not returned home.
Hourly Wage for Sims formerly employed by user-controlled Sims is now consistent.
Deeds that are placed on a Display Shelf and set “For Sale” will now display the proper price.
Unintialized Servos will no longer cause rendering problems with Intel video cards.
Teens will no longer leave a Business lot with unpaid goods at the time of curfew.
Female Formal Dress now displays correctly in “Set Uniform” UI.
Thumbnail corruption for the Mission Seating line has been fixed for affected video cards.
Sims on a date on a community lot will no longer browse the Electrono Ticket Machine for the entire date.
Single serving desserts no longer disappear from owner’s inventory upon restock.
Sims will no longer vanish when traveling to non-owned community lots.
Users are no longer locked out of live mode when visiting non-owned and owned community lots.
Nanny track schedule will now coincide with Sims’ work schedule.
User will no longer acquire Secret Society Funds when traveling to Secret Society Lot.
Moveobject cheat can now be used to manipulate and place objects in out of bounds tiles.
Re-entering custom college neighborhoods will no longer cause unmodified and/or occupied lots to disappear.
All hanging objects will now display properly over stages.
Sim owned vehicles will no longer prevent fire trucks from leaving on a 3x3 Community lot.
Bag of Poo will no longer break after installing The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff.

As you can see very little is actually related to the stuff at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#21 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 7:05 PM
Aaaaaalright... but I see no "User can no longer import occupied Lots to Lots & Houses Bin, as suggested by MTS users who say that making so causes the entire neighborhood corruption. Yea right like they have a clue about a game we made."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 8:11 PM
Also that was a copy paste off the official sites patch info, not off a third party site or something I dreamed up. Thought I'd point that out to those who think the patches just fix stuff in the named SP/EP.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
It's a Stuff Pack. It just adds objects, so there's no real need for a patch since it doesn't do anything that would need patching. So there is no patch.

If you didn't have OFB, it updated the game engine of your game to a version of that. So yeah, it needed a patch. This was an issue with both FFS and GL (I think it was GL - might have been Celebration).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc