Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:25 PM
Default How to make a sim hold a knife in an animation ?
Hey all i hope you all doing great .

I want to make a sim animation where the sim is holding a knife .

I tried looking up a way my self but couldn't figure it out .

I also looked at Ani's dexter the bear code , but couldn't figure it out .

Is there a way to make a sim hold a knife while in animation by adding an event to the clip file ?

or do i have to add it to my dll code file ?

And if so , how can i do that ?

Thanks in advance !

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 7:31 PM
It is done with an event in the CLIP. Take a look at the a2o_cuttingBoard_chop_start_knife clip. Events[3] is what parents the knife to the sim's hand.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:44 PM
Hey , I tried adding the events from that clip , to my clip . Which i tried doing before .
But it didn't work .

Can you please take a look at my file and tell me what's wrong ? , Thank you .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Stab animation.rar (36.2 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 1:50 AM
You want to apply the clip to the knife, so you need to make another clip and put the event in there. What you have it trying to do it to the sim. You will also need to play that clip from your Jazz script. For reference, take a look at my smoking mod. I did this to get the cigarette to appear in the sims hand.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 7:44 PM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 19th Mar 2014 at 8:55 PM.
@cmomoney Thank you , i looked at your file , but i am still confused .

I never worked with jazz before and I don't know how to assign the "knife" to my animation .

Can you explain things to me a little more. ?
Thank you

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 10:58 PM
Can someone help me with this please ?
This is really important and I need to make this animation work soon so i can add it to my current mod .

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#7 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:54 PM
Look at Leefish's tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469283. She covers using jazz scripts.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:02 PM
Iv'e read it , ,it's kind of complicated , and it doesn't talk about making objects appear , it's about making effects start .

Thanks anyway

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#9 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:51 PM
No, its about making a prop appear, but in her case its a custom lighter to replace the default. Step 3 covers the JAZZ needed, in your case, to make the knife appear.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 10:57 PM
I read it again , it was so complicated for me to understand it . there are so many info and i feel confused .

Thank you for trying to help . <3