Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 12:30 PM
Default My scripting mod XML doesn't work!
So I've made a mod with the help from Sims MX. This mod is to include Store skills for the Brain Enhancing Machine in UL, because Store skills normally can't be added in the XML tuning. I followed his steps, and only changed the namespace, class, and variable names. The mod works; the Brain Enhancing Machine now has the Store skills and other missing skills.

The problem is, all the added skills are from the script itself, not from the mod's XML. So basically, in order for me to include all the skills, or every time I want to change the added skills, I have to compile the .dll all over again. I have no idea what step I missed that I couldn't make the XML work. Can anyone help me?

Or can anyone test it for me and tell me if it works to you? If that's the case, it could probably caused by mod conflict. If all skills are included, it means the XML doesn't work. If only Drums, Laser Rythm-a-con, Advanced Technology, and Nectar Making skill are included (providing you have the corresponding EP), it means the XML works.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Nikel23 - BEM skill variants.rar (3.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Just call me Nikel
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:47 PM
Try putting your skills-changing code in an OnWorldLoadFinishedEventHandler. I tried adding an interaction to show the list of brain machine skills for testing: with the code as you wrote it the list of skills is changed to the hard-coded list; with the code in an OnWorldLoadFinishedEventHandler the list of skills is changed to what's in your XML.

My guess is that the tuning value isn't loaded into the variable until some point in the world load after your class has instantiated.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:13 PM
Thank you! It works now! So that's what the OnWorldLoadFinishedEventHandler does? I think the references I used didn't use it, so I didn't use it either.

Just call me Nikel