Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 3:19 AM
Default Cancel that pre-order?
I really dont care about the pre-order gifts. I am more interested in getting the EP in a timely fashion. I have pre-ordered from Amazon. But I am thinking I might be better off just buying in the store instead of waiting for shipping.
Which will be faster? The store or shipping? I dont want to download from EA if its available. I LIKE the discs. If I ever cant get on the net I can still reload my game if I need to.
Suggestions?
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 3:25 AM
Well you should get it on release day from amazon, so really there isn't much in the way of 'which is faster'. Shipping just means you don't have to go out and get it yourself.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 4:35 AM
I'm just preordering from GameStop. Becaust it's like... 10 minutes away from me. And I'm only preordering it so that I can be sure that I won't spend my money elsewhere... *lol* I'm fairly sure the people there would just give me a preorder card if I asked, since I'm usually the ONLY one to preorder any Sim games, lol. (No... really. I'm literally the only one that EVER preorders in Oxford.:P)
#4 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 11:09 AM
I don't pre-order for the sole reason that I'm lazy.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 1:37 PM
Whenever I've tried preordering from Amazon.com, the shipping is always delayed and it always comes later than anticipated. I've stopped buying Sims 2 games from Amazon.com for that reason. Now, I order (preorder) directly from the EAstore or from EBgames or Gamespot.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 9:43 PM
I went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon because it still took me about 3 days to find a store that actually had it on the shelf. Apparently, a release date doesn't count for much when it comes to games.

So, I'm saving some gas and phone calls.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:27 AM
I always pre-order all my sim ep's from eb games. They always have it when they say they will, and they call me and tell me when it comes in.
#8 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:25 PM
The last thing I preordered from Amazon was the 6th Harry Potter book, and by the time I received it, everyone I know had already finished it for a long time. If you are sure of being able to go to a store the day it's released, go for it.
#9 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:13 PM
I was actually allowed to preorder NL from Amazon or somewhere as they had cheaper shipping or something,but I turned it down (gladfully :P) and people on the BBS said they didnt get theirs or wasnt in stock on time or something,so I rang up my local game shop day before offical release,and they didnt havee it in But I still went to town anyway,and the shop that said they werent getting it in,HAD IT IN-day BEFORE release,so I ran in and got it!!
If I was you,and not bothered about the gift,ring up all your game shops and ask them when are they getting it in.Tell them that today (day before release) is the release day-it sometimes works! It worked for me when i got GLS&FFS,they told me to come in and get a copy,hehe! It especially works when its not a mainstream shop (like EB) when they care more about getting money :P
Try it,you may be pleasantly suprised :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 6:01 PM
the best place to pre-order is the ea store, I pre-order SLS and it got released on the 6'th and I got it on the 8th at 10:00 am, plus free shipping
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:02 AM
You know, if you preorder from Amazon, remember to use the mts2 storefront, and you can make a donation to mts2 at the same time without it costing you an extra cent.
#12 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:32 AM
I ordered the original game from Amazon, and it arrived bang on the release date - as has everything I've ever ordered from them. That is Amazon.co.uk though.

I think I'm going to pre-order from Play.com - they have it cheaper than Amazon. Unless any of you have any stories to put me off?
#13 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThePolygotNerd
I ordered the original game from Amazon, and it arrived bang on the release date - as has everything I've ever ordered from them. That is Amazon.co.uk though.

I think I'm going to pre-order from Play.com - they have it cheaper than Amazon. Unless any of you have any stories to put me off?

I was telling my mum that play has it for 15including delivery.Ive not heard anything bad about them,and you get a gift too (raincoat i think)
(like AndyPipkin) I wannit!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:00 AM
I always preorder it off Play.com. With the speed that I get it, I've been told that my house must be in a Time Warp, I always get it days before it's even supposed to be released.:D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 6:57 AM
When OFB came out I pre-orderd it from Gamestop.com (same as eb games) and to my suprise I got it 1 day before it was released in stores.

Same happened with Night Life.

Pets unfortunatly not so lucky ;(
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:44 AM
I prefer to pre-order, as the place I order from in South Africa delivers it on the same day it arrives - and they deliver it to my door... I do not want to have to go from store to store in search of my fave game. I do not have money to throw around, but I will pay for absolute convenience.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 9:30 PM
I pre order my game from gamestop. They always call me the night before it's available to remind me to pick my copy up. I've done it for all the eps
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 5:22 PM
I always use play.com as well. I normally get it through my letterbox the day of release (in the case of OFB I actually got it two days before the release date! How did that happen? I'm not complaining... hope it happens again with Seasons!) So, ThePolyGotNerd, I say you're making a good choice there - delivery's free and it's always on time!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 7:03 PM
ive used blahdvd.com for y eps its 1p cheaper then play.com and its free delivery!!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#20 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:30 PM
I just pre-ordered today at Amazon through the MTS2 link. I like to support this site. I also ordered the Prima guide with it and got a deal on the two pieces plus free shipping. Plus I needed a few books and some music CD's also. So this worked out really well.

I'm not in a burning hurry to get a copy, but I don't want to run all over Phoenix Metro area to find a copy after the release date either. I found Pets at my neighborhood Best Buy. They had a ton of them. I just decided since I usually make a donation once in a while to this site ( I should subscribe to monthly), that anything I can do to help fund MTS2 is a good thing.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:46 PM
I have it preordered thru Amazon but will cancel and reorder thru MTS2. I have Amazon Prime so I get free 2 day shipping, but DHL usually gets that and I can never get stuff from them on time so I may spring for overnight shipping.