Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:24 PM
Default Mod Help: Interaction Unlock
I've been working on a mod that unlocks the Jock social group interaction "take self photo" for all, regardless of social group standing, but I have been having trouble pinpointing the value that needs to be changed. In Sim3GameplayObjects I found some code relating to the function under PhoneSmart, which lead me to the variable kSocialiteUnlockLevelToBecomeAvailable. Sounds like this would be my guy, but two problems: first, it's set to two. The take self photo interaction becomes available at jock level four; second, changing it to zero accomplishes nothing.

Any advice? For the record, this is my first attempt at modding. I have advanced knowledge of C languages, but this is my first time working with IL. I have intermediate knowledge of MASM, though so I understand all the concepts, just having trouble with syntax and tracking things down. Thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Arsil : 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:07 PM.
The value you see in the code, being tunable, is overridden by that in the relative
_XML tuning resource (Phone+TakeSelfPhoto... in GameplayData.package).
With S3PE you can extract that resource, import it in a new .package, make
the changes you need and save the package in your Mods/Packages folder.

2 probably corresponds to the second star in the Jock hierarchy (for lack of a
better term), not to the level 2.

Even doing this you'll probably not be able to use the interaction without
having at least level 1 some contacts with the Jocks (to initialize
the variable or something like that, I'm just speculating, I haven't tested it).
But if you are doing a core mod, just remove all those checks in the Test method.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
But if you are doing a core mod, just
remove all those checks in the Test method.

I've been trying to do it core. Trouble is I can't find where the checks are performed. I don't know what it looks like in IL. That makes sense about the stars, by the way. Thanks!
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:02 PM
You said you replaced 2 with 0, the checks should be there. Try looking to both the IL code and the C# code (using ILSpy).

I've edited a bit my previous post. Try with just an XML override mod first. I'm glad if I helped you.