Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:22 AM
Default Callbox for apartment building in basegame
I asked for this one in the WCIF forum and I have been googling to find it, I don't think it exists. Now as the marker balls are basegame this would be the next step, but how hard can it be?

I have been poking around with S3PE before and I'm thinking I need to change some settings in the list of where the callbox should go and that's it. Would it conflict with some policies of this site?

I'm thinking finding the object might actually be the biggest job. Am I way off?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:55 AM
It's not only the object itself (mesh+textures), all animations and sounds come from resources
in the LN EP. Make a basegame object should still be possible (I just did a quick check, so don't
take it for granted) but will require some work:
- simple custom animation[s] (or use a basegame one that is similar if there is such a thing)
- trying to recycle suitable sounds available in the basegame.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:03 PM
Hmmmm... does the S3OC full clone work?
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:21 PM
Not with resources not directly linked to an OBJD such as CLIP, AUDT and _AUD.
But that's not relevant, Volvenom wasn't asking it for personal use or so I guess
since MTS policies were mentioned.
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 12:34 PM
Ah... yes... sorry I forgot about that.
But I am starting to think about the point... You could already have a pseudo-apartment without LN that you can simply walk up to your friends' door and knock and it, hiding other rooms to pretend they're LN apartments. The thing is that without LN you can't have elevators already and you can hardly build tall houses without elevators just using CFE, so I doubt small, suburban apartments work with callboxes... hmm...
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 11:53 PM
It's for my downloaders. I have made many basegame apartments with the hidden and public markers.

I'm a noob on gameplay, I just build. So what you're saying is that it's not really going to add much, since in basegame there is no elevators? It's also a bit more work than I was hoping for ...
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 1:40 AM
Yes, thats what I think. The thing is that it doesn't sound cost effective.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:07 AM
Thank you both, that saved me some work