Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:45 PM
Default Is it possible to install just celebration stuff with Double Deluxe
I have the sims 2 and nightlife installed because i borrowed them off a friend so i bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe today and i want to install celebration stuff cause i dont have that one. Is there a way to do this without uninstalling all the other games first?? Like dragging the files for celebration stuff into the folder or manual installation?
Thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:51 PM
When you intstall, you will be given a choice of which item's to install, just check the boxes (you might have to do an advanced install, that part I do not remember)

I already had the main game when I installed double deluxe, and was able to skip reinstalling the base game again.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 2:58 PM
It must be an advanced install because just clicking install tells me i need to uninstall the sims 2 first. So how do i do an advanced install then? And thank you for answering so quick
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 11:17 PM
Does no-body else know how to do an advanced installation? The internet has given me no help
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 1:36 AM
I don't know what is meant by "advanced install", sorry. But did you try just checking the box for Celebration Stuff? I think maybe by "advanced install", the above poster meant a manual install. I don't know how to do that, but Googling it brought up some guides. When I got Open for Business, I had to buy the "Best of Business" collection because OFB isn't sold standalone in stores anymore. But it kept prompting me to install the other packs every time I started the game, and grayed-out options for later EPs were still visible (and annoying) in-game. Eventually I uninstalled and bought OFB standalone off Amazon. So I guess my suggestion would be that if you only want Celebration Stuff, buy just Celebration Stuff online, from a site like Amazon.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 5:16 AM
When you first install, it should ask if you want to do a typical intstall or an advanced install. If it is not doing that, then I may be remembering wrong. I don't have my CD's right now, so can't check it. I'll get back to you some time wednesday.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:04 PM
Ok thanks, If i can't get it to work i'll just leave it, celebration stuff isn't worth uninstalling everything. But if you could let me know i'd really appriciate it. When i click install, it just asks for the language then tells me to uninstall everything first, no option to select manual or automatic.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:03 PM
hmm.. well when i got my university life pack it had teen stuff which i already had, so it told me that it would only install the content that wasnt already on the computer. but i agree with RebaLynnTS advanced install should come up when you put the disk in it asks you. If not, did you try closing the box that told you to uninstall everything? something might come up then.